Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim LB Clay Johnston
Small slow LB from Baylor.

7th round pick byt he Rams in 2020.  Released by Rams in 2020

Signed by Carolina and released by Carolina.

Played 48 snaps on defense for the Panthers this year, but I see him as a possible special teams replacement for Brandon Wilson.  Wilson was not just a return man.  He was also a key player on our kick/punt coverage teams.
Reply/Quote
as ADG looks shelved for rest of yr, why not bring in Jaylon Smith ?
He has shown he can be an elite level LB in past
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:53 AM)kalibengal Wrote: as ADG looks shelved for rest of yr, why not bring in Jaylon Smith ?

I have no idea what is up with Smith.

Isn't he supposed to be healthy?  If so then how could he have fallen so far at such a young age.  he had almost 300 tackles in '19-'20, but he has been cut by two different teams this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:53 AM)kalibengal Wrote: as ADG looks shelved for rest of yr, why not bring in Jaylon Smith ?

$$$ could be the reason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: $$$ could be the reason.

Can't see that. Dallas is on the hook for $7.2 Mil
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
…….. who dat? Ninja
Reply/Quote

Source?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

If he's still available 8 games into the season, there is a reason....
Reply/Quote
He’s small but he’s slow. Sounds like a winner!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He’s small but he’s slow. Sounds like a winner!

But the tortoise always wins the race in the fairytales.

Hopefully there is a plan because we can already see teams attacking or LB's in the passing game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 04:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: …….. who dat? Ninja

Mama called him Clay, I'm gonna call him Clay
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He’s small but he’s slow. Sounds like a winner!

Where's Bfine to tell the story of the young bull and the old bull?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 07:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If he's still available 8 games into the season, there is a reason....

If I had to take a guessing stab in the dark it'd probably be due to alcohol or something going on in his personal life he just can't seem to shake. GF issues..who knows, but really good players don't just fall of the cliff for no reason while still quite young.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Where's Bfine to tell the story of the young bull and the old bull?

He is probably busy having sex with a cow.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Small slow LB from Baylor.

7th round pick byt he Rams in 2020.  Released by Rams in 2020

Signed by Carolina and released by Carolina.

Played 48 snaps on defense for the Panthers this year, but I see him as a possible special teams replacement for Brandon Wilson.  Wilson was not just a return man.  He was also a key player on our kick/punt coverage teams.
Sooper bollz here we cum!
Reply/Quote
Johnston about to go onto a HOF career just as soon as the Bengals cut him too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Where's Bfine to tell the story of the young bull and the old bull?

Bro, don't get him started.  He's got a real problem with old and young bulls.  Don't be broadcasting stuff like that.  Need I bust out the hammer again?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is probably busy having sex with a cow.

Dude.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote