Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals claim LB Devin Harper off Waivers. Jones to IR
Someone is likely going on IR

Bengals claim LB, waived by Dallas, Devin Harper. I don't see anyone off the 53 getting cut so the most logical assumption is that Jones or Smith is going on IR. And Charlie Jones drew the short straw. Jones to IR

from Bengals transaction report
Acquired LB Devin Harper on waivers from Dallas; Placed WR Charlie Jones on the Reserve/Injured list.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sucks about Jones, I was hoping to see him create more excitement on those punt returns. However, good to screw the Cowboys out of a LB that they obviously liked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Little I've read he played well in preseason and is an athletic freak for a linebacker. May be a bit of a project still but nice grab!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
I couldn't find much on LB Devin Harper....but here's a video from a Cowboys guy.
In the video, there is some good tape of him, him working out, etc.
Special teams guy with speed who could develop down the road. 

Tiger

https://youtu.be/f1y6KADbjAI?feature=shared
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Harper is a special teamer that was cut after getting called for holding negating a 51 yard punt return.

Reply/Quote
Escalated quickly on the Charlie Jones injury front. What was his injury? Broken thumb?
Reply/Quote
Must be broken thumb, the guy that talked with his parents after Monday night game was correct. Pally said his thumb was in a splint this week.
Reply/Quote
Wtf did he lose a thumb war while sitting on the bench. Was really looking forward to seeing him more involved on offense and having some big returns.
Reply/Quote
Malik Jefferson still kicking around the NFL..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Too bad on Charlie, I like the LB grab from Dallas since they liked him. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 09:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wtf did he lose a thumb war while sitting on the bench. 

Seriously???
Reply/Quote
Heal up Charlie!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seriously???

Yes Seriously!!! If you’re going to quote me at least use the whole quote instead of cherry picking an obvious joke. In the rest of that post I went on to say how much I liked Jones and was looking forward to him being involved more on offense. But you go ahead and cherry pick. Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 09:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wtf did he lose a thumb war while sitting on the bench. Was really looking forward to seeing him more involved on offense and having some big returns.

He is also the only real back up for Boyd in the slot, Yoshi and Irwin does not really fit the slot very well. We would be forced to play Chase in the slot and Yoshi or Irwin outside. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 08:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is also the only real back up for Boyd in the slot, Yoshi and Irwin does not really fit the slot very well. We would be forced to play Chase in the slot and Yoshi or Irwin outside. 

"Forced to play Chase in the slot", is like saying I was forced to eat nachos while watching football.... 

Chase is already playing a ton in the slot and likely should continue to moving forward.  He is extremely dangerous in the slot and much more difficult to guard.  Kupp exploded from the slot.  

Reply/Quote
let's see what the Yale kid can do
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 05:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yes Seriously!!! If you’re going to quote me at least use the whole quote instead of cherry picking an obvious joke. In the rest of that post I went on to say how much I liked Jones and was looking forward to him being involved more on offense. But you go ahead and cherry pick. Seriously.

It was not an obvious joke to most.  The comment suggested that he hardly played.
Reply/Quote