Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim QB from waivers

The future Ninja
Reply/Quote
Callahan was his QB coach in Detroit. He will be used for OTAs and mini camp to teach players the system and verbiage.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Callahan was his QB coach in Detroit. He will be used for OTAs and mini camp to teach players the system and verbiage.

Smart move, then. Possible backup to Dalton? Cheaper than Tannehill. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Callahan was his QB coach in Detroit. He will be used for OTAs and mini camp to teach players the system and verbiage.

Jim Bob Cooter's/Jim Caldwell's system?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Jim Bob Cooter's/Jim Caldwell's system?

More of a verbiage thing. Easier translation to say “remember when we did this? It’s like that but this instead of that”. I’m sure some of the system will come over, but who knows how much will be him vs Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: More of a verbiage thing. Easier translation to say “remember when we did this? It’s like that but this instead of that”. I’m sure some of the system will come over, but who knows how much will be him vs Taylor.

I'm thinking it'll be alot more of the Gruden brothers verbiage but it's really anyone's guess at this point.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm thinking it'll be alot more of the Gruden brothers verbiage but it's really anyone's guess at this point.

That could honestly be huge for getting Andy up and running quickly. I’ve heard Goff call plays though and I’m not sure how much they actually used in LA. Their play calls seemed a bit shorter than Gruden.
Reply/Quote
Kaaya showed promise at Miami...but he should have came back for his senior year. IF he did that...he may have been a 2nd or 3rd Round pick.

Worth taking a flyer on at this point.

Doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but has decent accuracy. Was a 3 year starter I believe. I doubt that he'll ever be a starter anywhere long-term.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kaaya showed promise at Miami...but he should have came back for his senior year. IF he did that...he may have been a 2nd or 3rd Round pick.

Worth taking a flyer on at this point.

Doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but has decent accuracy. Was a 3 year starter I believe. I doubt that he'll ever be a starter anywhere long-term.

The big question--is he better than Driskel?  Can he hit the ocean from a boat?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Eh, gotta have good accuracy in a west coast offense. Kaaya is slightly less accurate than Driskell(based on college stats).
Reply/Quote
Not a bad backup.

Nice arm strength and ball placement.

The only problem that I've seen is his scouting reports say that he struggles under pressure, which, if we need him, it will likely be because our line is struggling and Dalton got hurt because of it. However, I didn't really see that in his highlights and he actually looked pretty good at standing in the pocket and throwing under pressure.
Reply/Quote

Sounds like a good plan.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:22 PM)Trademark Wrote:
The future Ninja

Hey, they took Bodine and made him their starting Center, it's only fair...... or is it? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:03 PM)McC Wrote: The big question--is he better than Driskel?  Can he hit the ocean from a boat?

Honestly, I don't know.

Coming out of college, he would have been more highly touted...but he's been in the NFL for a couple seasons and we are something like his 4th team. He doesn't seem to stick anywhere long.

He's worth a training camp invite to see if things click...but I doubt we can pencil him in as making the roster.
Reply/Quote
His biggest claim to fame?

His Mom is “Felicia” from “Friday.”

3 different teams have already said “Bye Felicia!” to Brad.

Guessing we’ll be #4.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: His biggest claim to fame?

His Mom is “Felicia” from “Friday.”

3 different teams have already said “Bye Felicia!” to Brad.

Guessing we’ll be #4.

His dad was also a writer for MadTV. So I guess he honors his parent's comedic history via his play, which is a hilarious joke.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
low risk high reward backup going into camp

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: low risk high reward backup going into camp

Low risk...medium reward?

I just can't see this guy ever being a decent NFL starter.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His dad was also a writer for MadTV. So I guess he honors his parent's comedic history via his play, which is a hilarious joke.

MadTV was some funny shit, so kudos to Brad's dad for that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Somewhat similar to when we brought guys like Gradkowski and Josh Johnson. They're familiar with the new coach's system.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote