Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com
I know Hobson is the favorite whipping boy for many on here, but I am somewhat surprised at the lack of articles this week, other than TDBH (this date in Bengal History).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hardly go there anymore. Just check here for the news
Reply/Quote
Yeah, seems he took the bye week off as well. That said, there is a nice article up this morning on Ryan Glasgow....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 08:56 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Hardly go there anymore.  Just check here for the news

I just thought....it's steeler week.  No big deal, just a little weird.  I mean, they used to churn out two stories a day about a player profile, or how someone is on pace for....blah, blah, blah.  

I guess I am just surprised.  Maybe they are saving all their virtual ink for AFTER the Bengals beat pitt this weekend.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, seems he took the bye week off as well. That said, there is a nice article up this morning on Ryan Glasgow....

Yeah, that article had been there a couple days, but that is what I was hoping to read more of.  Tell us more about Chris Smith, Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson....how do they work together?  They are all new to the team.  

I would also like to read more about WJIII, Dennard, etc.  

I'm not going to lie...I would like another story about the greatest (future) Safety in Bengal history:  FEJ!
Reply/Quote
It's been almost 2-1/2 years since I visited that bullshit website.  **** bengals.com.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 10:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's been almost 2-1/2 years since I visited that bullshit website.  **** bengals.com.

This^

And long live thebengalsboard.com!
Reply/Quote
I only go on to read post game quotes after all the games f Hobson and f Mike brown
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:34 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I only go on to read post game quotes after all the games f Hobson and f Mike brown

A little angry are ya!
Reply/Quote
I admit I like to read Hobson's Choice. I have written to him a couple of times and had my questions on the site. I know it's his job to spin the stories towards the Bengals, but I laugh when a fan hits it on the head and Hobson looks stupid with his answer.
Reply/Quote
I only go there to check out the uniform schedule, that's it.

Will we ever know why they ditched the old board? Monetary reasons? Laziness?

No matter, it worked out for the best. This board is twice as good. And best of all, no freaking Denny

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I only go there to check out the uniform schedule, that's it.

No matter, it worked out for the best. This board is twice as good. And best of all, no freaking Denny

Didn't mean to start a shit storm, and I am INCREDIBLY grateful to this board and those who run it but I still visit the site looking for any articles or (laughable) injury updates.  

I agree, wholeheartedly, that this board is 1000 times better than the old one...

Still needs a banhammer emoji, though. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I only go there to check out the uniform schedule, that's it.

Because message boards are dying off and Social Media is the wave of the current/future. 

lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 02:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because message boards are dying off and Social Media is the wave of the current/future. 

lulz

Lulz indeed. Message boards are outdated, yet they still seem pretty popular. Kinda hard to replace what we have here in 140 characters or with random comments from random casuals.

To OP: I might visit .com once a year, and that's not exaggerating. The last time I went there, it was after the 0-2 start with 0 TDs...just to see if Hobson and co would try to spin it. They pretty much ignored it from what I saw. They were focusing on 50th anniversary stuff. Typical.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 04:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lulz indeed. Message boards are outdated, yet they still seem pretty popular. Kinda hard to replace what we have here in 140 characters or with random comments from random casuals.

To OP: I might visit .com once a year, and that's not exaggerating. The last time I went there, it was after the 0-2 start with 0 TDs...just to see if Hobson and co would try to spin it. They pretty much ignored it from what I saw. They were focusing on 50th anniversary stuff. Typical.

Hobson's Choice article are pretty funny to read. I give them credit on choosing questions where people are being really critical, but the responses are usually a typical Bengals-spin to negate everything in the question.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm on there very, very, little and rarely read Hobspins articles, I'll look at roster moves, schedule, stats, etc. but that's it.
Reply/Quote
I like to go to Bengals.com during the games for the team roster.  I usually pull up the roster on my phone and sort it by number so I can identify who I am seeing on the field.

I rarely read the articles because they ramble on too long.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 04:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lulz indeed. Message boards are outdated, yet they still seem pretty popular. Kinda hard to replace what we have here in 140 characters or with random comments from random casuals.

My thoughts exactly.  Hard to get any real info, or meaningful conversation in a FB group.  For actual fans that are knowledgeable, and those who wish to be, the message board community is their refuge.  Heck, just look at the number of folks who came here from the mothership, and now the other couple of spinoffs that we have populated, with characters that just couldn't pass muster around here.

To the OP, I check in there about once a month.  Usually if I'm looking for any specific roster data, or team history stuff.  I may read one actual article, 3 or 4 times per year.  To be honest, one really doesn't have to go to bengals.com to read the articles, sites like Cincy Jungle just rewrite and post the same stuff.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
His articles kinda of piss me off because they are so full of shit and defending terrible descions that the Bengals have made over the past two offseasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 02:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because message boards are dying off and Social Media is the wave of the current/future. 

lulz

This isn't social media? Damn internets lied to me again! Rant

Reply/Quote