Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com Media Mock
Hobson posted an interesting scenario that I think (or hope) is being considered within the organization now, which is a trade back.

In the mock (link below), four QBs go in the first four picks. Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields.
All of Sewell, Chase, and Pitts are on board at 5.
However, rather than take their preference, they take a trade offer from CAR, who wants to get the remaining "elite" QB, Trey Lance.
For compensation, the Bengals move back to 8 and receive Pick 39.

Pick 6 (MIA) - Chase
Pick 7 (DET) - Sewell
Pick 8 (CIN) - Pitts
Pick 38 - Jayson Oweh, DE Penn St
Pick 39 - Dillon Radunz, OT NDSU

Hobson did mention that if this were real life, there would probably be more of an offer than "just" Pick 39 to trade back from Pick 5 to Pick 8, but he didn't want to go too deep into what the actual trade compensation would be. He felt that the 2nd round pick was a "minimum."

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-com-media-mock-draft-we-have-a-trade
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I only trade back if QBs do in fact go 1-4. If Atlanta takes any of Chase/Pitts/Sewell, I'm staying put.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
In a perfect (pre-draft hypothetical) world, I would want to trade back. But in reality, if I had my sights set on one player, I don't know if I would have the balls to do it. LMAO

And that's an important "if" imo. They should know who they want. The idea of trading back and scooping up the leftovers is a bit silly. At the top of R1, they shouldn't willingly allow other teams to dictate who they get.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 03:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I only trade back if QBs do in fact go 1-4.  If Atlanta takes any of Chase/Pitts/Sewell, I'm staying put.

I assume it's because you don't want to trade back unless you can still guarantee you get one of Chase, Pitts, Sewell?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The deep tackle draft class has taken some hits with Measureables like Liam Eichenberg and Teven Jenkins but Dillon Radunz has been rock solid through thr process.

Radunz was stout at SDSU and the was thr best offensive lineman at the Senior Bowl that included both Alabama and Notre Dame players. At his Pro Day he posted better than average numbers when he was expected to not be as athletic.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: The deep tackle draft class has taken some hits with Measureables like Liam Eichenberg and Teven Jenkins but Dillon Radunz has been rock solid through thr process.

Radunz was stout at SDSU and the  was thr best offensive lineman at the Senior Bowl that included both Alabama and Notre Dame players. At his Pro Day he posted better than average numbers when he was expected to not be as athletic.

If the Bengals could get both Radunz and Meinerz than I would feel quite a bit better about passing on the top flight OTs for Chase or Pitts.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 03:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I assume it's because you don't want to trade back unless you can still guarantee you get one of Chase, Pitts, Sewell?

Correct.  If QBs go 1-5 (with us having traded the fifth pick), at least we'll get one of those guys.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote