Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com: Scrimmage Players of the Day (Randy Bullock/Joe Mixon)
Link: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Camp-report-Dalton-Mixon-shine-Elliott-O-line-rebound/fb398e11-4500-42bf-951c-a038db6e1b61

Man... it's nice to see these 2 guys making the news as a strong performance from them could really help us next season.
Reply/Quote
You are aware that it's Hobson's, Hoard's and Lapham's jobs to talk our players up and make them sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread? 
I'm happy to see them shining as well, but I always take the preseason stuff with a grain of salt. I can't think of too many times I've heard the Bengals (or Reds) writers and announcers say in preseason, "We're doomed..don't bother this year..." although the Reds writers and announcers could and very few people would argue with them. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So should they say they looked good but could suck ?? Sure hard to evaluate in light contact but that is their job.. i also have heard them talk about players that struggled at a practice so goes both ways...

I was at the scrimmage and agreed with their comments, i would add i liked what i saw out of Clarke yesterday
Reply/Quote
1.) I am seriously doubting that Ced O ends up our starting LT. This, among other comments, screams that they aren't sure he can handle it.

2.) Lawson seems to be an axe murderer out there, but what of Jordan Willis?

3.) I have ZERO interest in Ross returning punts. Zero.

4.) Mixon is going to be awesome
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 01:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) I am seriously doubting that Ced O ends up our starting LT.  This, among other comments, screams that they aren't sure he can handle it.

2.) Lawson seems to be an axe murderer out there, but what of Jordan Willis?

3.) I have ZERO interest in Ross returning punts.  Zero.  

4.) Mixon is going to be awesome

So, what, are we gonna play without a LT?  There are no other candidates.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 04:27 PM)McC Wrote: So, what, are we gonna play without a LT?  There are no other candidates.

The so-called backup plan is Fisher to LT, and Andre Smith to RT.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The so-called backup plan is Fisher to LT, and Andre Smith to RT.  

I'm preparing myself for Mike McGlinchey in the draft next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm preparing myself for Mike McGlinchey in the draft next year.

I very much doubt that we would have a pick high enough to get McGlinchey. I think he will easily go in the top 10 (and will probably go in the top 5 depending on who's picking), and I just don't see us picking that high. Personally I think we have a very good chance to make the playoffs this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 11:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I very much doubt that we would have a pick high enough to get McGlinchey. I think he will easily go in the top 10 (and will probably go in the top 5 depending on who's picking), and I just don't see us picking that high. Personally I think we have a very good chance to make the playoffs this year.

Well the Bengals had the #9 pick with a 6-9-1 record last year, so it shouldn't be that surprising if the OL performs like it did last year (or worse). And I don't see the Bengals doing too well if the OL sucks. If the Bengals do alright despite LT performance, I'd go with Connor Williams or Martinas Rankin. With that said, plenty of prospects will rise and fall between now and the draft, so these predictions of draft slot and players could definitely shift.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well the Bengals had the #9 pick with a 6-9-1 record last year, so it shouldn't be that surprising if the OL performs like it did last year (or worse). And I don't see the Bengals doing too well if the OL sucks. If the Bengals do alright despite LT performance, I'd go with Connor Williams or Martinas Rankin. With that said, plenty of prospects will rise and fall between now and the draft, so these predictions of draft slot and players could definitely shift.

I just don't see us having a single digit win season again this season. Last year 7 out of 9 of our losses were within 1 score, 3 or 4 coming from a bad kicker. We had some major injuries on offense, and on defense we couldn't see Billings or WJ3 due to injury. I think our defense added a lot through the draft/FA and getting healthy people back from last year too. Last year was a fluke in my eyes, but the OL will be a problem. I don't see it completely killing our team, but I do think that it makes a deep run in the postseason a lot less possible.
Reply/Quote