Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com
(10-19-2017, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This isn't social media? Damn internets lied to me again! Rant

Message boards are OG Social Media.  The only difference is that I don't know most of your real names.  
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 10:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My thoughts exactly.  Hard to get any real info, or meaningful conversation in a FB group.  For actual fans that are knowledgeable, and those who wish to be, the message board community is their refuge.  Heck, just look at the number of folks who came here from the mothership, and now the other couple of spinoffs that we have populated, with characters that just couldn't pass muster around here.

The boards replaced a lot of sites for me. I used to requent CincyJungle, Bengals.com and Who-Dey Revolution, but now I know that if there's some breaking Bengals news, it'll be posted here for us to comment on. This site really does everything.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Rarely visit that site after their removal of the message board.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The boards replaced a lot of sites for me. I used to requent CincyJungle, Bengals.com and Who-Dey Revolution, but now I know that if there's some breaking Bengals news, it'll be posted here for us to comment on. This site really does everything.

This is my only Bengals home now as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
haven't been to bengals.com other than to check roster since they killed the old boards.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: haven't been to bengals.com other than to check roster since they killed the old boards.

I get a weekly email from them with site news and links for stories, and most of the time I ignore it.  Every once in a while there will be a story on someone I know zero about so I'll click on it to get the sun-shiny view from Hobspin. But, yeah, if I want the news, need to commiserate or celebrate, I head here and nowhere else.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Smile 
I'd like to THANK YOU ALL for your subscriptions to Cincinnati.com!!! :giggle:

Seriously though - if you've noticed we've streamlined some in-season content as well, adding an 'insider' type column on Sundays called "Bengals Xtra" or "BX" and used the morning Walkthrus for notes, etc., with one main story kind of driving the day. I can't speak for Bengals.com for anything, but generally, you're seeing more sites kind of winnow down some of the content.

I'm also on Snapchat (JimOwczarski) doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff for the most part, and you can get me on Facebook as well at https://www.facebook.com/Jim-Owczarski-179299495438040/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I left bengals.com when they got rid of the bengalsboard. Lame.
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp
I go to B#$%^&@ .com if I want to find something I heard on TV,or Radio. All my info comes from you guys on this Forum! Most of you guys have forgot more than I'll ever know about football and the Bengals!
Reply/Quote