Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals cuts who land on another team's 53 man roster
(08-29-2022, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote: #6 or 7 WR HAS to play special teams....Pryor didn't show anything there

Both Morgan and Thomas are special team aces I guess. Thomas shows at least something as an offense weapon, but Morgan not so much. So I think Kendrick Pryor is good enough that if the Bengals stash him on the 53, he's going to get snatched up
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 07:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This would piss me off. 

Hate to see young talent walk because they were cut hoping to get them on PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Both Morgan and Thomas are special team aces I guess. Thomas shows at least something as an offense weapon, but Morgan not so much. So I think Kendrick Pryor is good enough that if the Bengals stash him on the 53, he's going to get snatched up

And Morgan and Thomas have shown nothing that says they will be good WR in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:40 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: And Morgan and Thomas have shown nothing that says they will be good WR in the NFL. 

It's why they are our 4-5 WR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why they are our 4-5 WR

They should be 6-7 at best.

Morgan at least is a great blocker as a WR. He should be the lock.

Kendrick Pryor needs to make the team, he is way better of a WR then either of those 2 guys.

Morgan drops passes and Thomas just hasn't been productive as a WR. Go with youth here in Pryor.

You lose either Pryor or Chrisman and I think we will regret it. We need a WR4 to come in actually scare someone.

We also need a young Punter to grow before Huber falls off cause of age.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/8/27/23324571/kwamie-lassiter-may-fit-better-with-joe-burrow-than-kendric-pryor?fbclid=IwAR0QLAI0MubCl8Auz0Dj_NDvKOWB8z6tOAVsXMYo-jpuGDZtCbPkUBLHWJY

Meh. I think Burrow could throw to either. Lassiter does have a flare for getting open on the 'scramble drill' much like Uzomah did.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:45 PM)EatonFan Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/8/27/23324571/kwamie-lassiter-may-fit-better-with-joe-burrow-than-kendric-pryor?fbclid=IwAR0QLAI0MubCl8Auz0Dj_NDvKOWB8z6tOAVsXMYo-jpuGDZtCbPkUBLHWJY

Meh.  I think Burrow could throw to either.  Lassiter does have a flare for getting open on the 'scramble drill' much like Uzomah did.

I will take the great hands Pryor displayed in Preseason. I like Lassiter but I think he really hurt himself dropping a TD and
some passes. Pryor catches everything catchable from what I saw. I also think Lassiter will stick on the PS unlike Pryor.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will take the great hands Pryor displayed in Preseason. I like Lassiter but I think he really hurt himself dropping a TD and
some passes. Pryor catches everything catchable from what I saw. I also think Lassiter will stick on the PS unlike Pryor.

Pryor seems to get open at the outset by running good, crisp routes.  He also makes the tough catches.

Lassiter may be better at the 'scramble drill' aspect, but I'd rather have a WR that gets open naturally, than one that has to depend on the QB to 'buy time'.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:00 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Pryor seems to get open at the outset by running good, crisp routes.  He also makes the tough catches.

Lassiter may be better at the 'scramble drill' aspect, but I'd rather have a WR that gets open naturally, than one that has to depend on the QB to 'buy time'.

Same way I feel. Nothing against Lassiter, Kendrick Pryor just looks special out there and makes sure he brings in the ball.

Also seems to have great timing on his routes with his comebacks and curls which is huge for a young WR.

Surprising coming out of a running school in Wisconsin but we might of found a diamond in the rough in Pryor.

Need to hold onto him IMHO.
Reply/Quote
I can see Pryor getting claimed by a team thin at WR. Shelvin might get a look from a team thinking he can be run plugging NT for them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Pryor and Lassiter i think will play snaps for someone this regular season

I’d bet some money on it too.

None of our DBs are getting looked at by anyone else imo. They all played pretty bad these preseason games. Maybe that George guy lands somewhere but idk.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:34 AM)Housh Wrote: Pryor and Lassiter i think will play snaps for someone this regular season

I’d bet some money on it too.

None of our DBs are getting looked at by anyone else imo. They all played pretty bad these preseason games. Maybe that George guy lands somewhere but idk.

I guess I had a different opinion. I thought our back up DB's held up well overall. Hood had major issues, but I thought George covered well and also tackled very well. I think a couple of others are PS worthy as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:40 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: And Morgan and Thomas have shown nothing that says they will be good WR in the NFL. 

I don't claim to know, nor does anybody on this site, what is best but this team is already loaded with really really excellent WR's, probably the best in the league. There are 3 facets
of how you win in the NFL? Offense, defense and ST's. Morgan and Thomas have overall experience both offensively and, more importantly,
ST's. Nobody really cares about ST's until you get a couple kicks blocked, a couple punts returned, etc. You can bet your rear-end the ST coach is ecstatic to keep continuity on the team.

These guys I presume grade out pretty well on the Bengals and maybe in the entire NFL. Now you have to look at just how many reps they're going to get offensively and then look at how many via ST's which, I'm guessing, would be double the amount in a normal game.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I had a different opinion. I thought our back up DB's held up well overall. Hood had major issues, but I thought George covered well and also tackled very well. I think a couple of others are PS worthy as well.

Yeah, Allan George was damn good. Hood was the DB that kept getting beat all the time. He is all speed and nothing else.

(08-30-2022, 12:34 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I don't claim to know, nor does anybody on this site, what is best but this team is already loaded with really really excellent WR's, probably the best in the league. There are 3 facets
of how you win in the NFL? Offense, defense and ST's. Morgan and Thomas have overall experience both offensively and, more importantly,
ST's. Nobody really cares about ST's until you get a couple kicks blocked, a couple punts returned, etc. You can bet your rear-end the ST coach is ecstatic to keep continuity on the team.

These guys I presume grade out pretty well on the Bengals and maybe in the entire NFL. Now you have to look at just how many reps they're going to get offensively and then look at how many via ST's which, I'm guessing, would be double the amount in a normal game.

All true Higgy. But I think we can survive without Mike Thomas. Keep Stanley Morgan for his ST's prowess and blocking on
the Offense in certain packages. Keep Taylor cause he is a decent Punt Returner with dependable hands and keep Kendrick 
Pryor cause from what I saw this Preseason he is the 4 best WR on this team easily. Nice crisp routes, good hands with 4.38
speed out there on the edge. This is something we needed desperately behind our top 3 WR's.

I like Irwin too but he might have to go to the PS again.
Reply/Quote
Kendric Pryor was the only waived player to be claimed. Others still may land on some other team's practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: Kendric Pryor was the only waived player to be claimed.  Others still may land on some other team's practice squad

Too bad Truck was wrong on this one. Wanted us to keep Pryor and thought he would be claimed.

I think the Jags got a special player in Kendrick Pryor.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pryor, can see him heading to GB if released.

Right player. Wrong team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:38 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Hate to see young talent walk because they were cut hoping to get them on PS.

And it happened. As predicted with Pryor. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: True

But just like I posted in another thread about Carman. You have to wonder with some if their heart is truly in it ? Is football their true passion ?

at Clemson Carman played with a back injury that needed surgery after the '20 season.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  at Clemson Carman played with a back injury that needed surgery after the '20 season.

Yes, he could of just mailed it in but he wanted to protect Trevor Lawrence's blindside on the way to a Championship.
Reply/Quote