Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals cutting Iloka
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/19/bengals-release-safety-george-iloka/
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Damn. He was always ok. But I’d rather release Williams
Reply/Quote
Looks like Shaw and Bates have been impressing at Safety. Wilson has looked good, Fedj doing Fedj things. Williams might be expendable too.
Reply/Quote
Thank you for your service George.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mind blown. Shocked

Heard he wasn't playing good this Preseason but Iloka in his prime when we had Reggie was very good.

Thought Bates would of brought that play back to him. Would of rather cut Shawn Williams.
Reply/Quote
Well, we can't criticize Mike and Marvin for being too loyal any more. Is MJ next?

Should have traded him for an Olineman.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Maybe freeing up space for Dunlap and Atkins??
Reply/Quote
Holy cow. But i sure like what I am seeing from Bates. He had another solid night of tackling and looks confident in coverage. I wonder if
George didn't get into some personal issue that the powers that be didn't care for..

Look for him to become a Steeler as their new drafted Safety, Edmunds, doesn't look like he's ready to start.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:04 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Holy cow.   But i sure like what I am seeing from Bates.   He had another solid night of tackling and looks confident in coverage.   I wonder if
George didn't get into some personal issue that the powers that be didn't care for..

Look for him to become a Steeler as their new drafted Safety, Edmunds, doesn't look like he's ready to start.

He would probably want to become a Steeler. He will never again get a flag thrown on him. 
Reply/Quote
I thought Williams would be the odd man out, Good luck to George.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is shocking and not a good move IMO. Have to think there is something behind the scenes here....
Reply/Quote
George is very outspoken about the flag issue. I wonder if that had anything to do with this. Either way, this is a bad move. Really bad.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:07 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He would probably want to become a Steeler. He will never again get a flag thrown on him. 

For the salary, he would. Who wants to be unemployed while still being productive. Cry
Reply/Quote
Stunned.

Did they even try to trade him?

I have no idea what they are doing. Don't like the move.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Stunned.

Don't agree with it either, but whatever...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So does this make Bates a full time starter now? Or are they going to throw someone else out there?
Reply/Quote
How the **** Is Michael Johnson still employed?
Reply/Quote
I'm curious to know how this can be spun to be a positive move right now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:57 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Damn.  He was always ok.   But I’d rather release Williams

(08-19-2018, 03:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thank you for your service George.

(08-19-2018, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Williams would be the odd man out, Good luck to George.

Agree with all here

Good luck George, and thank you.

I have to assume we asked him to take a pay cut and he refused, otherwise it is a really dumb move.  Regardless, Williams should be the one to go if it is due to contract versus play.  Iloka is our best safety, and you don't get better dumping the top of the roster.  You get better dumping the bottom.
Reply/Quote