Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals cutting Iloka
(08-19-2018, 03:17 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How the **** Is Michael Johnson still employed?

It makes no sense when there is Dunlap, Lawson, Willis, and the rook Hubbard.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bates and Wilson must be killing it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I am dumbfounded by this I knew it would happen but thought it should not. F this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Why shouldn’t it happen ? He’s been trash. We have Bates
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

I’m as shocked as everyone else. Always liked Iloka. Not the best safety but I enjoyed watching him lay those big hits all these years.

Hope Bates is the real deal.

Reply/Quote
Here is even what makes it dumber; Williams can play LB while Iloka and Bates play Safety. I swear this team is just plain effin stupid. Fire Duke dudes a dumbass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Maybe they can cut MJ too and use that money to go get a decent veteran for the right side of the line.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m as shocked as everyone else. Always liked Iloka. Not the best safety but I enjoyed watching him lay those big hits all these years.

Hope Bates is the real deal.

I'm skeptical. Hoping I'm wrong!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Here is even what makes it dumber; Williams can play LB while Iloka and Bates play Safety. I swear this team is just plain effin stupid. Fire Duke dudes a dumbass.

What does this move have to do with Tobin?

His job is to identify players to bring in, not who stays and who gets cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:31 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Maybe they can cut MJ too and use that money to go get a decent veteran for the right side of the line.

If they swung this as a way to get money to fix the line.... well I might just be okay with that.
Reply/Quote
My other problem with this move concerns how the players will react. Illoka was not a bubble guy. Cut MJ and guys will be bummed, but they won't react that they didn't know the possibility was there. But Ced remains and Iloka gets cut? That is going to leave guys shaking their heads...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:23 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Bates and Wilson must be killing it

Been hearing a lot of good things about these guys in coverage with Bates and Wilson making plays.

We also still have Shaw who can tackle and cover well and Fej. Still this blew my mind.

If we are trying to get Geno and Dunlap extended i guess i would be for this.

Like Yojimbo said in the other thread MJ might be next with the emergence of our young Ends.
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(08-19-2018, 03:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why shouldn’t it happen ? He’s been trash. We have Bates

Agreed. Iloka has just not been very good. That 2016 offseason we picked the worst of our four major free agents to stick (although it seemed like the other 3 had no intention of staying regardless to be fair to the front office)
Reply/Quote
43 has been struggling. I do not think Williams is all that great either. But to flat out cut him without trade is a curious move by the FO.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Im not against cutting him, I dont get the timing of it though until more details come out. This team needs help in a couple of areas, like at the right tackle spot, so I dont know, should've been done back in March but whatever.

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1031242547782275077

"A Bengals source said the team wasn't happy with how George Iloka played last year, which was pretty clear when they tried to pursue Kurt Coleman at the NFL combine. The Bengals went after him hard but he signed with the Saints. A source told me the Bengals indicated the move was for financial reasons, but as for the timing, it's obvious they like what they see in Jessie Bates, which is why he was subbing in for Iloka with the first team during Saturday's preseason game."
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:31 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Maybe they can cut MJ too and use that money to go get a decent veteran for the right side of the line.

If they did this, by getting a decent RT and extended Geno and Dunlap this could be seen as a good move...

Maybe a great one if Bates and Wilson keep playing well.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im not against cutting him, I dont get the timing of it though until more details come out. This team needs help in a couple of areas, like at the right tackle spot, so I dont know, should've been done back in March but whatever.

Think they would have to see the young guys coming around first, and of course George continue to struggle.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My other problem with this move concerns how the players will react.  Illoka was not a bubble guy.  Cut MJ and guys will be bummed, but they won't react that they didn't know the possibility was there.  But Ced remains and Iloka gets cut?  That is going to leave guys shaking their heads...

This absolutely this.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Guess they like what they are seeing out of the young guys.

This was one of those do whats best for the player moves. Two preseason games left so he still has a chance to catch on somewhere else. That doesnt help our team though.

I hope we explored the trade market. Safeties have had a pretty cool market this year. So his 6mil cost which was a top 15 cost for safeties this year was probably a deal breaker.

Cutting a consistent player in his prime just doesnt seem like a good move.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/19/bengals-release-safety-george-iloka/

All I can say is...holy shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote