Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals draft picks still onn the roster
(04-29-2020, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He has to compete against the following DL:
- Dunlap
- Atkins
- Reader
- Hubbard
- Lawson
- Tupou
- Kareem
- Wren
- Brown

Not sure he makes the team unless he can play 3-4 DE.

Well, he's a Defensive Tackle, so he's not competing against Dunlap, Hubbard or Lawson. He's competing with Atkins, Reader, Tupou, Kareem Wren and Brown. I'd put him in front of Kareem, Wren and Brown just on experience. Ryan's big if is can he stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, he's a Defensive Tackle, so he's not competing against Dunlap, Hubbard or Lawson. He's competing with Atkins, Reader, Tupou, Kareem Wren and Brown. I'd put him in front of Kareem, Wren and Brown just on experience. Ryan's big if is can he stay healthy. 

I'm not sure about that, as all those guys you mention have more position versatility than Glasgow, do they not?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's pretty common knowledge that the average length of an NFL career is 3.3 years.  I read a stat posted on quorum.com that said roughly 35% of all players drafted make a roster.

What I'm really curious to find out, but continue to come up empty on any solid information is;  What percentage of all players drafted make it to a 2nd contract?  Between superstar contracts continuing to climb, and league minimums continuing to rise as well, many teams are simply hamstrung by the cap to keep a percentage of players on rookie deals.

Yep. Teams need a number of players on rookie contracts to make the numbers work. Vet minimum keeps rising and it's pricing guys out of the market.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That 2012-2015 wasteland is the reason we are where we are.

I bet we see a lot more turnover next year as Taylor gets his kind of guys. OL/TE and D-line depth still need upgrades.

Well said. Those were some shitty Drafts for us and we didn't use FA worth a damn either in those years.

Letting Whit walk is a big reason why we are here. Hope the FO and everyone learns from those years.

Think they will cuz I am seeing this FA and Draft class doing really well for us barring injuries. 
Reply/Quote