Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft position
Barring an amazing comeback by the Rams, the Bengals will have the 9th pick in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
Hello Mike williams
Reply/Quote
In round one, Bengals choose RB Peekie Keller from the Alabama college of the blind!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In round one, Bengals choose RB Peekie Keller from the Alabama college of the blind!

Only if we get his seeing-eye dog to retrieve the tee after kickoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hello Mike williams

Did you just watch Cody Core?  No, we don't need another overhyped Clemson WR.  The Bengals need either a DE or Dalvin Cook if the top 3 DEs are gone at #9.  Williams isn't even as fast as Core.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you just watch Cody Core?  No, we don't need another overhyped Clemson WR.  The Bengals need either a DE or Dalvin Cook if the top 3 DEs are gone at #9.  Williams isn't even as fast as Core.  

Core had a good day against the Ravens, but that's countered by the fact that Boyd has been ineffective most of the year.  Williams just hung 6 catches for 96 yards on an Ohio State secondary that has a lot of draftable talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you just watch Cody Core?  No, we don't need another overhyped Clemson WR.  The Bengals need either a DE or Dalvin Cook if the top 3 DEs are gone at #9.  Williams isn't even as fast as Core.  

(01-02-2017, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Core had a good day against the Ravens, but that's countered by the fact that Boyd has been ineffective most of the year.  Williams just hung 6 catches for 96 yards on an Ohio State secondary that has a lot of draftable talent.

I agree with SHRacerX, all year long we have been waiting to see what we really have in the young receivers.  With AJ Green out with the hamstring injury, their development rate has went into high gear.  After spending the vast majority of the season among the game day inactive list, Cody Core has really stepped up and shown he can play in the NFL.  For a fleeting moment this season, I was concerned about the WR position.  Not any more.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Did you see core last week against the Texans? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Did you see core last week against the Texans? 

Yep...he was targeted a number of times and had eight receptions.  I don't recall any drops. Granted, he only got 40 yards on those receptions, but with the pass rush of the Texans there was not time for much downfield which is not the fault of the receiver.  

And remember, that was his first significant action as a pro.  His second game, he showed the speed, elusiveness, and toughness to get good YAC.  The job of the X receiver is to stretch the field vertically.  Core is the fastest WR on the team.  He can clearly stretch the field.  If you double AJ, Eifert, Core, Boyd, etc. should be able to chew up a lot of field.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Core had a good day against the Ravens, but that's countered by the fact that Boyd has been ineffective most of the year.  Williams just hung 6 catches for 96 yards on an Ohio State secondary that has a lot of draftable talent.

I can't agree about Boyd.  54 catches, 600 yards and among the leaders for third down catches.  For a rookie slot receiver?  That's pretty good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: I can't agree about Boyd.  54 catches, 600 yards and among the leaders for third down catches.  For a rookie slot receiver?  That's pretty good.

Those aren't great numbers for a 2nd round pick, especially one that was starting 1/3 of the year.  Boyd totally disappeared when AJ went down, and it's not like he was lighting teams up against the nickel CB.  Hopefully, he improves, but he just doesn't seem to have the physical tools to be anything more than a possession #3-4, and we need a #2.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with SHRacerX, all year long we have been waiting to see what we really have in the young receivers.  With AJ Green out with the hamstring injury, their development rate has went into high gear.  After spending the vast majority of the season among the game day inactive list, Cody Core has really stepped up and shown he can play in the NFL.  For a fleeting moment this season, I was concerned about the WR position.  Not any more.

To clarify, I'm not saying WR or bust round 1, but at the same time, if Williams is available when we pick, you can't just pass because we have Boyd and Core, either.  That's like passing on Garrett or Allen if they fall to us because Clarke had 4 sacks in limited playing time this year.

You also have to take into account the fact that we were 24th in the league in scoring.  Eifert, LaFell, and AJ were the only guys we had with multiple receiving TD's this year, and LaFell is a FA.  Despite Eifert and Green both missing significant time, Boyd only had 1 TD all year.  A guy like Williams who can go up and get it in the red zone would be a big help.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: To clarify, I'm not saying WR or bust round 1, but at the same time, if Williams is available when we pick, you can't just pass because we have Boyd and Core, either.  That's like passing on Garrett or Allen if they fall to us because Clarke had 4 sacks in limited playing time this year.

You also have to take into account the fact that we were 24th in the league in scoring.  Eifert, LaFell, and AJ were the only guys we had with multiple receiving TD's this year, and LaFell is a FA.  Despite Eifert and Green both missing significant time, Boyd only had 1 TD all year.  A guy like Williams who can go up and get it in the red zone would be a big help.

Are you sure that you're barking up the right tree, when it comes to the scoring deficiency?  Boyd was also a star in college, had terrific numbers, it's not like he forgot how to play football. 

Could the real problem been more along the lines of play calling and substandard blocking, for the reason the offense stalled out so many times?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He's not over hyped I liked core but he was bad when green went out doesn't know how to run routes I want to let laffell go and get Mike Williams we would have 2 number 1 receivers. I didn't want a wr until 2 weeks ago. But when aj went down we couldn't do nothing the dude is 6"3 205 runs 4.4 40 has over 1200 yards receiving. We have the best deep ball wr in aj green and we would have the best deep threat in college football. Williams is the best at 50/50 balls.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not over hyped I liked core but he was bad when green went out doesn't know how to run routes I want to let laffell go and get Mike Williams we would have 2 number 1 receivers. I didn't want a wr until 2 weeks ago. But when aj went down we couldn't do nothing the dude is 6"3 205 runs 4.4 40 has over 1200 yards receiving. We have the best deep ball wr in aj green and we would have the best deep threat in college football. Williams is the best at 50/50 balls.

He doesn't run a 4.4 and he is a long-strider, which takes a bit to get up to speed.  I like him, but no way do I spend our #1 pick on that guy, especially at 9.

The Bengals have much bigger needs, and there is better talent available at DE and RB.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He doesn't run a 4.4 and he is a long-strider, which takes a bit to get up to speed.  I like him, but no way do I spend our #1 pick on that guy, especially at 9.

The Bengals have much bigger needs, and there is better talent available at DE and RB.  

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.48. 
Projected Round (2017): 1. 

Walter football. That would give us one of the best offenses in the  NFL if we took him. rb is not a need period. It is a want. End is a need but we can get Walker in third who is better than Barnett anyways. I look at first 4 rounds as Williams elflien Walker butt(hopefully?) but ur saying u would pass on having 2 aj greens on our team?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 10:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  Height: 6-3. Weight: 205. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.48. 
Projected Round (2017): 1. 

Walter football. That would give us one of the best offenses in the  NFL if we took him. rb is not a need period. It is a want. End is a need but we can get Walker in third who is better than Barnett anyways. I look at first 4 rounds as Williams elflien Walker butt(hopefully?) but ur saying u would pass on having 2 aj greens on our team?

"projected 40 time" is not a real time.  He has been clocked at 4.58 thus far.  I just don't see him as the special player you say he is.  Minnesota took a guy with similar build and stats and he logged a whopping 1 catch for 15 yards...took him at 15th overall, I think.  I don't want to hear that speed doesn't matter.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 10:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: "projected 40 time" is not a real time.  He has been clocked at 4.58 thus far.  I just don't see him as the special player you say he is.  Minnesota took a guy with similar build and stats and he logged a whopping 1 catch for 15 yards...took him at 15th overall, I think.  I don't want to hear that speed doesn't matter.  

just watching him u can tell he's fast hes a lot faster than treadwell was for sure he's also faster than boyd too and treadwell only played in 1 game that's why It was one catch for 15. He is a game changer who plays really fast  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 10:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: just watching him u can tell he's fast hes a lot faster than treadwell was for sure he's also faster than boyd too and treadwell only played in 1 game that's why It was one catch for 15. He is a game changer who plays really fast  

Treadwell played in 9 games.  As far as you can "tell" he's fast, consider the competition they faced in their respective conferences.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Treadwell played in 9 games.  As far as you can "tell" he's fast, consider the competition they faced in their respective conferences.  

u mean 2 first round corners and a first round safety in Ohio State?
Reply/Quote