Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft position
Thanks for the info. Love potion #9 it is.

I am liking Malik Hooker or Myles Garrett at 9 right now since Hooker decided to enter the draft.

We need another pass rusher besides Dunlap but Garrett got lots of his sacks against inferior OT's and this is a deep draft for Ends.

Malik Hooker is who i want even though i didn't think Safety was as big of a hole as some. Ed Reed boys in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you just watch Cody Core?  No, we don't need another overhyped Clemson WR.  The Bengals need either a DE or Dalvin Cook if the top 3 DEs are gone at #9.  Williams isn't even as fast as Core.  

who are the other overhyped Clemson WR's? Hopkins? Watkins?...yeah wtf would we need one of those bums for  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the info. Love potion #9 it is.

I am liking Malik Hooker or Myles Garrett at 9 right now since Hooker decided to enter the draft.

We need another pass rusher besides Dunlap but Garrett got lots of his sacks against inferior OT's and this is a deep draft for Ends.

Malik Hooker is who i want even though i didn't think Safety was as big of a hole as some. Ed Reed boys in stripes.
Him or Williams for me. Draftekk has Williams as compares to Keenan Allen. I would take that in a heartbeat. But if hooker is there man it's hard to pass on either. Miles Garrett the Browns reportedly have a generational talent grade on him so he won't be there he's going one.
(01-06-2017, 03:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: who are the other overhyped Clemson WR's? Hopkins? Watkins?...yeah wtf would we need one of those bums for  Ninja

Compares to Keenan Allen. Take that any day of the week a Keenan Allen type player opposite of aj green
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Him or Williams for me. Draftekk has Williams as compares to Keenan Allen. I would take that in a heartbeat. But if hooker is there man it's hard to pass on either. Miles Garrett the Browns reportedly have a generational talent grade on him so he won't be there he's going one.

Compares to Keenan Allen. Take that any day of the week a Keenan Allen type player opposite of aj green

That is pretty good being compared to Allen, yeah i would definately take that.

Didn't know the Browns were going to take Garrett, that changes all our plans i guess.

Malik Hooker or Mike Williams is sounding good.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is pretty good being compared to Allen, yeah i would definately take that.

Didn't know the Browns were going to take Garrett, that changes all our plans i guess.

Malik Hooker or Mike Williams is sounding good.

they could trade down but when you have a reportedly "astronomical and generational talent grade" you generally would want a insane haul so I doubt they would trade back unless they got an offer twice what Philly offered them. Yeah 2 legit number 1 receivers is what we need for a deep playoff run. Hopefully we can get at least a second for mccarron so our first 2 rounds could look something like Mike Williams demarcus Walker pat elflien. Would take that draft in heartbeat. If we don't go center would be fine with Raekwon McMillan in second as well. Would also not complain one bit if we got Hooker in round 1. My only problem with hooker is he's gonna make some mistakes early on due to being 1 year player. But he is like ed Reed 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: they could trade down but when you have a reportedly "astronomical and generational talent grade" you generally would want a insane haul so I doubt they would trade back unless they got an offer twice what Philly offered them. Yeah 2 legit number 1 receivers is what we need for a deep playoff run. Hopefully we can get at least a second for mccarron so our first 2 rounds could look something like Mike Williams demarcus Walker pat elflien. Would take that draft in heartbeat. If we don't go center would be fine with Raekwon McMillan in second as well. Would also not complain one bit if we got Hooker in round 1. My only problem with hooker is he's gonna make some mistakes early on due to being 1 year player. But he is like ed Reed 2.0.

In the end if we want to make that deep playoff run we are going to have to be great in the trenches.

If we get a new O-line coach, a new Center, a vet OT or a draft pick and another edge rusher we will be good.

That way Dalton has enough time to get the ball to those legit wideouts, run the ball and we can get after the opposing QB.

Mike Williams, McMillion and Toth the Center from Kentucky i think would be a great first 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Treadwell played in 9 games.  As far as you can "tell" he's fast, consider the competition they faced in their respective conferences.  

Treadwell is also coming back from a horrible injury.  I was actually watching that game, where he got injured.  He was literally killing it.  Ole' Miss leaned on him harder than Andy leans on AJ Green.  When fully healthy, with a full offseason routine, Treadwell will be a big star, even in Minnesota.  Now, that brings me to Core.  He filled in seamlessly in Treadwell's absence, no real drop off in production.  He proved in just two weeks that he could be counted on, at the NFL level.  Not really sure that we need to go WR in the 1st.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:01 AM)Jpoore Wrote: u mean 2 first round corners and a first round safety in Ohio State?
Corey davis>williams
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 12:55 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Corey davis>williams

Davis is a strong 2 Williams is an elite 1
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 12:58 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Davis is a strong 2 Williams is an elite 1

Go watch some game film on davis then take into consideration the surrounding talent..theres no way williams is better.he also has a broke neck.i will  my account if we take williams with davis on the board book it
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:02 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Go watch some game film on davis then take into consideration the surrounding talent..theres no way williams is better.he also has a broke neck.i will  my account if we take williams with davis on the board book it

yeah look at the talent around him I get that but also look at the talent defending him. I like Davis as well but imo he's on that borderline 1/elite 2 tier ala Randal Cobb, Emanuel Sanders, Jarvis Landry,  Donte moncrief. Great but not our next number 1 wide receivers. Admittedly only have watched 3 of his games this year have more tape to watch. Williams is in that top tier 1 wide receiver ala aj green Keenan Allen, Deandre Hopkins. Quite a few people say that he's most comparable to Keenan Allen. I like Williams in the little iv seen but I see him as an AMAZING compliment to a number 1 while Williams is our next number 1 when aj retires. But will watch more tape to see if opinion changes. My concern is would he do that good against a great secondary? Williams did it against 3 1st round picks.  Can Davis? And Davis would be a stretch at 9. If we wanted to trade back I would then take Davis, but there's a reason Williams will be gone in top 10 and Davis will not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: who are the other overhyped Clemson WR's? Hopkins? Watkins?...yeah wtf would we need one of those bums for  Ninja

Jacoby Ford, Derrick Hamilton, and Rod Gardner.  At least Gardner had one really good season, for being the 15th overall draft selection.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 02:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah look at the talent around him I get that but also look at the talent defending him. I like Davis as well but imo he's on that borderline 1/elite 2 tier ala Randal Cobb, Emanuel Sanders, Jarvis Landry,  Donte moncrief. Great but not our next number 1 wide receivers. Admittedly only have watched 3 of his games this year have more tape to watch. Williams is in that top tier 1 wide receiver ala aj green Keenan Allen, Deandre Hopkins. Quite a few people say that he's most comparable to Keenan Allen. I like Williams in the little iv seen but I see him as an AMAZING compliment to a number 1 while Williams is our next number 1 when aj retires. But will watch more tape to see if opinion changes. My concern is would he do that good against a great secondary? Williams did it against 3 1st round picks.  Can Davis? And Davis would be a stretch at 9. If we wanted to trade back I would then take Davis, but there's a reason Williams will be gone in top 10 and Davis will not.

I dont get the keenan allen comparisons at all.when i look at williams i see a huge reciever whos game is predicated on the jump ball.i dont see him being a well rounded player.mainly a jump ball guy.corey davis is the total package.size,speed ,route running,competitive leader,and most of all healthy.......williams is one head to head shot from becoming christopher reeves
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 02:35 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I dont get the keenan allen comparisons at all.when i look at williams i see a huge reciever whos game is predicated on the jump ball.i dont see him being a well rounded player.mainly a jump ball guy.corey davis is the total package.size,speed ,route running,competitive leader,and most of all healthy.......williams is one head to head shot from becoming christopher reeves
That's just how Clemson uses him bc nobody can cover him but I see a receiver a guy who doesn't get pushed off his route by smaller corners who is willing to extend his hands in the middle of the field runs a 4.4 40 and yes is a great 50/50 ball catcher. He's also a great route Runner. To me he's the most complete receiver since aj green. I see aj green in him all over the place. The willingness to run any route, to extend his hands in the middle of the field, to go up over a corner and get that 50/50 ball. He's also an AMAZING RUN BLOCKER. 
Watched more tape onndavis last night. I actually liked him a lot more than I thought I would. What I got from him is he's like obj with the ball in his hands he's very elusive and has amazing vision and always a threat to run in to the house after  5 yard catch. What I have serious concerns about is him getting seperation against NFL corners. Every catch he had where he didn't go up over someone in the endzone to catch a deep ball He was open by a couple of yards at least. He wasn't catching 10 yard balls with someone draped all over him. I can't wait till senior bowl bc that's gonna tell me if he can get seperation from actual legit corners. That's the main question I have bc when he has the ball in his hands look out. Can he get separation from the corners though that is the question.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's just how Clemson uses him bc nobody can cover him but I see a receiver a guy who doesn't get pushed off his route by smaller corners who is willing to extend his hands in the middle of the field runs a 4.4 40 and yes is a great 50/50 ball catcher. He's also a great route Runner. To me he's the most complete receiver since aj green. I see aj green in him all over the place. The willingness to run any route, to extend his hands in the middle of the field, to go up over a corner and get that 50/50 ball. He's also an AMAZING RUN BLOCKER. 
Watched more tape onndavis last night. I actually liked him a lot more than I thought I would. What I got from him is he's like obj with the ball in his hands he's very elusive and has amazing vision and always a threat to run in to the house after  5 yard catch. What I have serious concerns about is him getting seperation against NFL corners. Every catch he had where he didn't go up over someone in the endzone to catch a deep ball He was open by a couple of yards at least. He wasn't catching 10 yard balls with someone draped all over him. I can't wait till senior bowl bc that's gonna tell me if he can get seperation from actual legit corners. That's the main question I have bc when he has the ball in his hands look out. Can he get separation from the corners though that is the question.

So you're saying he gets seperation. By a couple yards. At least. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you're saying he gets seperation. By a couple yards. At least. 

Against defenders that wouldn't even have a chance to be 3rd stringers on a power 5 team yeah. I'm interested to see what he can do against decent corners.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote:  yeah.

You had me at "yeah."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Those aren't great numbers for a 2nd round pick, especially one that was starting 1/3 of the year.  Boyd totally disappeared when AJ went down, and it's not like he was lighting teams up against the nickel CB.  Hopefully, he improves, but he just doesn't seem to have the physical tools to be anything more than a possession #3-4, and we need a #2.

Last year's WR2 was a 5th round pick.  If we can find one Day 2 or after, fine.  If we draft Williams at 9, I might blow my brains out. 

Boyd was intended to be a slot receiver.  You act like that position is nothing.  Ever hear of Julian Edelman?  Anquon Boldin?  He was a ***** rookie.  How about a little perspective?

He will be a great weapon and when he is, remember how we agreed to disagree on him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:04 AM)McC Wrote: Last year's WR2 was a 5th round pick.  If we can find one Day 2 or after, fine.  If we draft Williams at 9, I might blow my brains out. 

Boyd was intended to be a slot receiver.  You act like that position is nothing.  Ever hear of Julian Edelman?  Anquon Boldin?  He was a ***** rookie.  How about a little perspective?

He will be a great weapon and when he is, remember how we agreed to disagree on him.

Yeah, Boyd was a very good Slot receiver for a rookie and led all rookie WR's on 3rd down catches i believe.

I like Core a bit better for the future cause of his size, speed and physicality but Boyd is really good too.

WR is definately not a big need. C, DE, LB, OT, TE, S, K, CB are all bigger needs IMHO.
Reply/Quote