Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 01:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:

well a very good punter was sitting out there available almost all year they could have picked him up any time
Reply/Quote

High paying positions.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 01:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well a very good punter was sitting out there available almost all year they could have picked him up any time

Either he (Araiza) or the KC punter (Townsend) will be available, depending on what KC does with their current first team, all-pro punter. Despite the neat nickname, Araiza is not a sure thing, as shown by being the third punter picked and in the 6th round. Townsend has a proven track record if the Bengals want to pony up the money.
Reply/Quote
No surprise at all in terms of the #1 pick.

People need to come to grips with the fact Tee is gonna be here this year (and likely next). Thus, with Chase & Higgins in the bag, we are not likely to spend big draft capital on a WR,,despite WR3 being open. We can address that Day 2.

FA will obviously impact the draft in a big way. I am hoping it takes DT off the table at #18 (though I do like Murphy & Newton). But bringing Reader back + 1 of Madubuike, Wilkins, or L. Williams would mean we really only need a Reader stopgap/Tupou upgrade/Tupou. That would not merit #18.

Landing Townsend would settle P. Though the kid from Iowa is fine for me, starting in Rd 5.

For me, at #18:

1. RT: Fuaga, Latham, Guyton
2. DT: Murphy, Newton
3. CB: Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean
4. OT Trade down: Mims, Morris.

Bowers sitting there would change the thinking, but only if we land an OT stopgap in FA. And maybe not then. But I think it is pretty unlikely he makes it to #18.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: High paying positions.

Well, except for the Punter 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, except for the Punter 

There was no suggestion of P at #18. That is the point. 
Reply/Quote

Nice, Dejean, Arnold, McKinstry, Mitchell are possibilities if they are around at 18 and would be fine with any of them. Good cheap Corners are 
never a bad idea in the Draft.

Fuaga is still my favorite fit for us at RT with his explosive powerful hands and mauling style. I am liking Latham a bit more as we get closer to
the Combine and if he has a good one he actually might go much earlier than our pick. Bama has had some OL busts lately though, so there is 
that. I just like Latham's physicality same with Fuaga for us.

Murphy will probably be gone but Newton at 3-tech might be a possibility in the first and I would like this along with adding Leonard Williams
at NT in Free Agency. As far as Punter I would bring in Tommy Townsend from the Chiefs and we might actually end up with the better Punter
than Araiza and he would have been dissed by the Chiefs after being an All Pro for them.
Reply/Quote
If they believe Higgins has no chance of signing long term then I’d assume they’d be more aggressive in free agency. Definitely need to address DT in free agency with Hill being the only serviceable DT on the roster. Assuming they sign a quality DT and maybe a mid level vet RT I could possible see them going WR at 18 if there’s a big tackle run. A guy like Brain Thomas Jr. could fill the Boyd role this year help you win short term and long term soften the Higgins loss next year. Not saying go WR just know how the OT run goes and the DT class isn’t deep Thomas might be BPA at 18.
Reply/Quote
I think you just re-sign Awuzie and push CB to '25 or '26. Last thing you need to do is add even more young DBs back there right now and Awuzie should be better >12 months removed from his ACL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd be good with all three position groups. There should be value there. I'd lean towards DT, but there will be value in the 2nd as well. Investing in the dline is my top priority to stop the run and get more pressure. I'd be down for the right corner. A shutdown corner would solidify our secondary for a long time. OT seems a bit hit or miss for the Bengals in the 1st, but it would be awesome to actually hit on one.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 02:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No surprise at all in terms of the #1 pick.

People need to come to grips with the fact Tee is gonna be here this year (and likely next). Thus, with Chase & Higgins in the bag, we are not likely to spend big draft capital on a WR,,despite WR3 being open. We can address that Day 2.

FA will obviously impact the draft in a big way. I am hoping it takes DT off the table at #18 (though I do like Murphy & Newton). But bringing Reader back + 1 of Madubuike, Wilkins, or L. Williams would mean we really only need a Reader stopgap/Tupou upgrade/Tupou. That would not merit #18.

Landing Townsend would settle P. Though the kid from Iowa is fine for me, starting in Rd 5.

For me, at #18:

Bowers sitting there would change the thinking, but only if we land an OT stopgap in FA. And maybe not then. But I think it is pretty unlikely he makes it to #18.
They will draft a RB before the 5th round. Mixon could be gone and Travyeon is prob not coming back and Evans could be gone since he doesn't play anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If they believe Higgins has no chance of  signing long term then I’d assume they’d be more aggressive in free agency. Definitely need to address DT in free agency with Hill being the only serviceable DT on the roster. Assuming they sign a quality DT and maybe a mid level vet  RT I could possible see them going WR at 18 if there’s a big tackle run. A guy like Brain Thomas Jr. could fill the Boyd role this year help you win short term and long term soften the Higgins loss next year. Not saying go WR just know how the OT run goes and the DT class isn’t deep Thomas might be BPA at 18.

Brian Thomas Jr is 6'4" and pretty much the same build as Tee and he is faster than both Tee and Boyd and should be there at 18.

As much as I would like a DT, Newton is coming off a injury and Murphy most likely will be gone. Taking Sweat at 18 seems a bit of a reach 
at this time. Fuaga and Latham are more heavy handed, powerful physical Tackles but both could be gone for all we know too. Have to keep 
our minds open to a WR like Brian Thomas Jr.

(02-27-2024, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you just re-sign Awuzie and push CB to '25 or '26. Last thing you need to do is add even more young DBs back there right now and Awuzie should be better >12 months removed from his ACL.

I like that thought a lot TLL. Bring back Chido so we have some experience besides CTB, we are really young in the Secondary already.

(02-27-2024, 05:27 PM)pulses Wrote: They will draft a RB before the 5th round. Mixon could be gone and Travyeon is prob not coming back and Evans could be gone since he doesn't play anyway.

For damn sure we need a RB in this Draft, at least 1. Love Tyrone Tracy, Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Kimani Vidal etc.

There are a lot of good RB's in this Draft as you know Pulses and it would be nice to get younger and cheaper at the position and maybe 
even find a special one.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brian Thomas Jr is 6'4" and pretty much the same build as Tee and he is faster than both Tee and Boyd and should be there at 18.

As much as I would like a DT, Newton is coming off a injury and Murphy most likely will be gone. Taking Sweat at 18 seems a bit of a reach 
at this time. Fuaga and Latham are more heavy handed, powerful physical Tackles but both could be gone for all we know too. Have to keep 
our minds open to a WR like Brian Thomas Jr.

I like that thought a lot TLL. Bring back Chido so we have some experience besides CTB, we are really young in the Secondary already.

For damn sure we need a RB in this Draft, at least 1. Love Tyrone Tracy, Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Kimani Vidal etc.

There are a lot of good RB's in this Draft as you know Pulses and it would be nice to get younger and cheaper at the position and maybe 
even find a special one.
Very good chance!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 02:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No surprise at all in terms of the #1 pick.

For me, at #18:

I don;t think any of us can say Tee will be here for 2 years.. my gut is probably this year but i the feeling seems that the Bengals will not come to terms with him and he will be traded in 2025 if my guess.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you just re-sign Awuzie and push CB to '25 or '26. Last thing you need to do is add even more young DBs back there right now and Awuzie should be better >12 months removed from his ACL.

I think they plan to.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Everything but kicker and QB
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If they believe Higgins has no chance of signing long term then I’d assume they’d be more aggressive in free agency. Definitely need to address DT in free agency with Hill being the only serviceable DT on the roster. Assuming they sign a quality DT and maybe a mid level vet RT I could possible see them going WR at 18 if there’s a big tackle run. A guy like Brain Thomas Jr. could fill the Boyd role this year help you win short term and long term soften the Higgins loss next year. Not saying go WR just know how the OT run goes and the DT class isn’t deep Thomas might be BPA at 18.

I think that they feel confident in re-signing Tee but there’s a long way to go on it. They won’t know by FA
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

I really think it does depend on Awuzie decision though more and more sounds like he will be leaving and with Hinton contract up after this year, plus increase emphasis in playing 3 CBs more and more.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we are going to land an impact player at 18.

The way the D struggled last year and the O kept us alive even with a backup QB. I’m leaning towards D.

We are bad at drafting OL. Even though this is supposed to be a good class. I wouldn’t mind if they recognized their weakness in drafting OL well and just filled RT with a free agent.
Reply/Quote