Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals enter this week's game with 10 sacks, the fewest in the NFL.
(11-14-2019, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on his production at that time any other team in the league would have done the exact same thing. If Bengals had let Geno walk you would have squealed your head off.

You dont know if any other team would have done the same thing given the same circumstances the Bengals had. At the time, it was the highest contract ever for a player OVER 30 years old that wasn't a QB. No one has done a deal like that.

And I wouldn't have squeeled my head off if he walked had they offered a better deal for the team. Instead he is eating up near an average $15 million a season as a DT in the backend of his career at 31, 32, 33, & 34 years old.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So much for the defensive line being the strength of the team and dominant. Also, getting AJ and Jonah back won't help this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And we have three good pass rushers on this team.

The scheme just sucks.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: I broke it down in another thread but we are seeing much less pass rushing situations this year due to teams running on us more than any other team in the NFL. Our pass rushing efficiency has certainly dropped though.

Yep

We're dead last in the NFL in rushing yards allowed 1,557. We're tied I think with another team for most rushing attempts against our D 302 ! That's over 33 rush attempts per game. 

Teams just don't pass as much on us because 1. they don't have to - we're giving up 5.2 yards per carry ! Which is again tied for worst in the league. 2. We're never in the lead. I haven't looked this up but I'm quite sure we're among the worst in the league in minutes played having a lead.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 02:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

We're dead last in the NFL in rushing yards allowed 1,557. We're tied I think with another team for most rushing attempts against our D 302 ! That's over 33 rush attempts per game. 

Teams just don't pass as much on us because 1. they don't have to - we're giving up 5.2 yards per carry ! Which is again tied for worst in the league. 2. We're never in the lead. I haven't looked this up but I'm quite sure we're among the worst in the league in minutes played having a lead.

Which makes it all the more impressive how many total yards we've given up!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 02:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And we have three good pass rushers on this team.

The scheme just sucks.

Are we even using Geno the same way? It seems like the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page.

Just look at how much we paid Gio, then he averages a career low 5.9 touches per game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are we even using Geno the same way? It seems like the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page.

Just look at how much we paid Gio, then he averages a career low 5.9 touches per game. 

Yeah, I don't understand what they are doing. Possibly they do not either.

Does the front office even bother asking the coaches if they wants player X back or are there cheaper players out there who can do what player X does for us or are you even going to use player X?

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are we even using Geno the same way? It seems like the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page.

Nail meet hammer

Not even in the same book ! I don't pretend to know who's calling what shots and when. But it sure seems that whatever convoluted chain of command they have set up isn't working.

Hire P. Brown...fire P. Brown 

Reup B. Hart after a miserable penalty plagued season. Reup Gio to a big contract then not use him.

Draft a TE in the 2nd (when we had so many glaring needs) and use him very little.

It reeks of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.
Reply/Quote