Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans...
At least you weren't 5-11.

Good season, guys. At least the Steelers are going to lose next week.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would have much preferred it to be the blowout I thought it was going to be instead of watching Hill and Burfict give the game away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good game. And Bengals won the div and were the best....until the playoffs. But......always next year.....right??
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At least you weren't 5-11.

That was freaking must watch tv. All the drama, all the hits, all the injuries. One team has the game in hand only to hand it back, then the hero turns into the goat. 

That was one freaking entertaining game. 

What was it like from an unbiased observers perspective?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:10 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Good game. And Bengals won the div and were the best....until the playoffs. But......always next year.....right??

Wash, rinse, repeat? Yuuuup.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I would have much preferred it to be the blowout I thought it was going to be instead of watching Hill and Burfict give the game away.

Burfict won the game with his INT...Hill gave it back. That penalty never happens without the Hill fumble. We run it 3 times, kick the FG and the steelers have a little more than 1 minute and have to score a TD. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: Burfict won the game with his INT...Hill gave it back. That penalty never happens without the Hill fumble. We run it 3 times, kick the FG and the steelers have a little more than 1 minute and have to score a TD. Oh well.

call out your fellow fans. and not owning up to it. c'mon man.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was freaking must watch tv. All the drama, all the hits, all the injuries. One team has the game in hand only to hand it back, then the hero turns into the goat. 

That was one freaking entertaining game. 

What was it like from an unbiased observers perspective?

It was a typical AFCN defensive battle for a while. Enjoyable because it's always good to watch two good defensive showings.

But, yea, that ending was good TV. Not good football, but good TV. I needed the Steelers to win to help me get a big season pot for pick ems, so I was pulling for them, but man... Such drama. I'd rather have seen the Steelers drive down the field than have two idiots commit penalties but whatever 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was a typical AFCN defensive battle for a while. Enjoyable because it's always good to watch two good defensive showings.

But, yea, that ending was good TV. Not good football, but good TV. I needed the Steelers to win to help me get a big season pot for pick ems, so I was pulling for them, but man... Such drama. I'd rather have seen the Steelers drive down the field than have two idiots commit penalties but whatever 

Well, when you're stupid and selfish, it usually bites you at the worst times.

Reply/Quote
Ugh, I typed "than" instead of "then". I hate posting on my phone.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ugh, I typed "than" instead of "then". I hate posting on my phone.

You're not posting on your phone. You're drunk. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At least you weren't 5-11.

no,they arent
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:03 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: no,they arent

I like your predictions!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was freaking must watch tv. All the drama, all the hits, all the injuries. One team has the game in hand only to hand it back, then the hero turns into the goat. 

This was the part that got me in the game day thread. One minute, all the fans in there are praising Burfict, saying he needs to start taking players out. He injures Ben and they celebrate the injury. He has the INT and they explode. Then he gets that PF doing what so many in that thread were saying they wanted him to do, and he becomes the scapegoat.

The combination of the thread and the game was interesting. First time I ever followed a game day thread, very entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was the part that got me in the game day thread. One minute, all the fans in there are praising Burfict, saying he needs to start taking players out. He injures Ben and they celebrate the injury. He has the INT and they explode. Then he gets that PF doing what so many in that thread were saying they wanted him to do, and he becomes the scapegoat.

The combination of the thread and the game was interesting. First time I ever followed a game day thread, very entertaining.

Any Bengals fan that calls for injuring another player is as bad as all the Steelers fans that do that shit on Pitt message boards. And i've seen a ton of those. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Any Bengals fan that calls for injuring another player is as bad as all the Steelers fans that do that shit on Pitt message boards. And i've seen a ton of those. 

I have, too. It's disgraceful. The fervor with which some people get into the game is foreign to me.

I also want to say that I don't think Burfict was head hunting Brown on that play. We see, too often, players make contact unintentionally like that. It gets called dirty by fans of the team the player that got hit plays for, and the fans of the hitter say it was clean. Those hits happen, and while it was a penalty I don't think it was Burfict being as selfish as some others do.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:07 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I also want to say that I don't think Burfict was head hunting Brown on that play. We see, too often, players make contact unintentionally like that. It gets called dirty by fans of the team the player that got hit plays for, and the fans of the hitter say it was clean. Those hits happen, and while it was a penalty I don't think it was Burfict being as selfish as some others do.
Brown was standing sideways and the only place burfict even contacted him was to lower his head to go h2h.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:21 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Brown was standing sideways and the only place burfict even contacted him was to lower his head to go h2h.

And what has the league been trying to get the players to do? Go low. I don't know, I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And what has the league been trying to get the players to do? Go low. I don't know, I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Burfict had 3 steps to not make any contact at all and Brown didn't even have the ball.
Reply/Quote
My wife went to school with a lot of Marylanders, and so lots of Ravens fans are on her Facebook feed. The number of them trashing Cinci for being a dirty team and the fans for being classless is kind of astonishing. Especially since, well, they are Ravens fans.
Reply/Quote