Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeShawn Williams signs with Broncos
PS defensive tackle DeShawn Williams signed with the Broncos. Williams was a 3rd-year player who was relegated to the practice squad in 2017 after being on the 53 in 2016. He was released once last year and resigned. Apparently a marginal player for the Bengals, with our luck he'll be an all-pro with the Broncos.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I doubt it, but wouldn't surprise me.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He looked very impressive in preseason a couple of years ago, but has not advanced depsite the fact that the Bengals DT corps is not that impressive.
Reply/Quote
I liked the flashes i saw from DeShawn, he could rush the passer a bit but spent way too much time on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked the flashes i saw from DeShawn, he could rush the passer a bit but spent way too much time on the ground.

and injured I believe
Reply/Quote
I remember in his rookie year, he passed up an offer to join a 53 man roster of the Saints to stay on the Bengals practice squad.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/11/11658372/defensive-tackle-deshawn-williams-declined-opportunity-with-saints-to

I wonder how much money he lost for his loyalty to a team that seemed to have no intention of ever promoting him to the roster.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 07:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember in his rookie year, he passed up an offer to join a 53 man roster of the Saints to stay on the Bengals practice squad.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/11/11658372/defensive-tackle-deshawn-williams-declined-opportunity-with-saints-to

I wonder how much money he lost for his loyalty to a team that seemed to have no intention of ever promoting him to the roster.

Deshawn was promoted by the Bengals and appeared in 4 games for us that year.
Reply/Quote
Best I can tell, Williams did not fit with Burney's preferred style of d-lineman, but the front office hoped to get him back again in '18 to compete for a roster spot. Looking for a real chance to play.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Had high hopes for him at one time
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: and injured I believe

This made me think of the following commercial...
[Image: AAnAbfR.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Was he the one they dubbed “Baby Geno?”

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was he the one they dubbed “Baby Geno?”

Yeah or Geno 2.0
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was he the one they dubbed “Baby Geno?”

That's ridiculous.  Even I could beat up a "Baby Geno"?

Might have some trouble with a "Toddler Geno", but pretty sure I could handle a baby version.
Reply/Quote