Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals favored in 15 of 17 games
(05-16-2023, 07:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Chefs (on purpose) have a great team, no doubt, but I keep reminding people of this:  The betting line is not a prediction of the outcome, rather it is designed to get equal money on both sides of the wager.  The house always gets the juice.  

Do I think the Bengals have a better than 50% chance to win that game?  Sure.  But injuries on either side and heavy wagering on one side will greatly impact that line.

When I read the highlights that Sooner gave, I figured it would be the 49er game and the Ratbird game (on the road, on a short week).  That kind of shocks me.  Ratbirds had the best defense in the NFL last year after getting Roquan Smith.  And unlike SF, they are settled at QB.  Weird.  

Baltimore has one of the top 6 teams. I think we will win it all if healthy. But being realistic I’d rank 1.KC 2. Philly 3.Cincy 4.Bills 5. SF 6. Balt

But that’s if Lamar stays healthy. I don’t think he can. So 6 is probably too high
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 01:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Time to move on from our best option at RT currently?  Geez.

Historic team records on road after Monday night really doesnt mean anything, it is a silly talking point. Every year the team is different.

I am gonna reserve judgement until I see Jonah play RT. I honestly think moving him to RT isn't going to improve him. 

I do agree, you can't make assumptions based on prior years, teams change, get better or worse every year..
Reply/Quote
I'll conservatively say the Bengals go 12-5.
4-2 in the division
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 08:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We only lost 1 game all year regular season and playoffs by more than 3 points- in fact 4 of the 5 losses were on last second field goals. We had the one dud against Cleveland.

Meanwhile- none of our wins came down to a last second field goal and only one game was 3 or less points.

This is a GREAT team. When they win, they usually win comfortably. When they lose, it’s usually a dog fight.

Well said Rubekahn. This shows how good of a team we were last year and in the Playoffs and we should be better this year 
barring injuries. We just need to get those duds against queefland out of our system and we should be fine in the Division even
though I bet we split with the Ravens. Really the only game I don't have us favored is the one in Baltimore. We like playing the
Chefs late in the season and if we are healthy I like us to win in a close game like we usually do.

(05-15-2023, 10:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: #2

2. Cincinnati Bengals

Post-FA ranking: 2

Most improved: Offensive tackle

Cincinnati made a massive splash in free agency by signing Orlando Brown Jr. as its new left tackle. Last season with Kansas City, Brown was 18th in pass block win rate as a tackle, according to ESPN Analytics. When Jonah Williams was healthy in 2021, he was 50th among 68 qualifying players -- his best finish in three seasons. If Williams slides over to right tackle as the Bengals hope, he could be an upgrade over La'el Collins, who has had availability and durability issues in his career. And improved pass-blocking means more time for QB Joe Burrow in the pocket. -- Ben Baby

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37614290/nfl-power-rankings-2023-32-team-poll-draft?platform=amp

Cool, but they ought to mention the fact that Jackson Carman finally started to play well at LT in the Playoffs and has actually 
been mentioned as the front runner at RT over Jonah by the coaches. Wouldn't surprise me if Carman takes the RT job and does
well there. He has the body type for it and evidently has came in in great shape this Offseason.

We might finally have great depth in Jonah and LC for once if Carman does really well.
Reply/Quote
Only 15 of 17!

The disrespect.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 01:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am gonna reserve judgement until I see Jonah play RT. I honestly think moving him to RT isn't going to improve him. 

I do agree, you can't make assumptions based on prior years, teams change, get better or worse every year..

Sounds like Jonah’s all in and Carman is all in. That’s a good thing. Competition is great. And it’s really survival mode which is better.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
From the Athletic ($2 a month now)
Chase talked about how much fun he had in the Buffalo playoff game with head coach Zac Taylor and offensive coordinator Brian Callahan moving him around so much, and this spring is going to be important in laying the groundwork for more of that.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said Rubekahn. This shows how good of a team we were last year and in the Playoffs and we should be better this year 
barring injuries. We just need to get those duds against queefland out of our system and we should be fine in the Division even
though I bet we split with the Ravens. Really the only game I don't have us favored is the one in Baltimore. We like playing the
Chefs late in the season and if we are healthy I like us to win in a close game like we usually do.

Cool, but they ought to mention the fact that Jackson Carman finally started to play well at LT in the Playoffs and has actually 
been mentioned as the front runner at RT over Jonah by the coaches. Wouldn't surprise me if Carman takes the RT job and does
well there. He has the body type for it and evidently has came in in great shape this Offseason.

We might finally have great depth in Jonah and LC for once if Carman does really well.

When have the coaches said Carmen is the "front runner at RT over Jonah"?  

If Jonah is on the team and healthy he is surely going to be RT1 barring some predicted trade movement prior to opening day.  Everyone knows Carman has struggled on the right side and said himself that the switch to that side was difficult.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 03:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When have the coaches said Carmen is the "front runner at RT over Jonah"?  

If Jonah is on the team and healthy he is surely going to be RT1 barring some predicted trade movement prior to opening day.  Everyone knows Carman has struggled on the right side and said himself that the switch to that side was difficult.

Even before Jonah demanded a trade and I still have seen that Carman is right in the conversation every time when I read about RT on 
bengals.com or most places honestly. Jonah isn't going to be given the starting job if Carman outplays him. Carman struggles at Guard, 
not at Tackle, we will see if this is the case and he just likes playing on the outside. He will have a full Offseason to learn RT, I think he 
does well there, we will see.

It was encouraging to see Carman play well at LT. He doesn't get pushed around like Jonah does and it has been a damn long time since
Jonah has played RT just the same. Ignoring Carman competing for the starting spot is a mistake IMO. 

At least put him in the conversation.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even before Jonah demanded a trade and I still have seen that Carman is right in the conversation every time when I read about RT on 
bengals.com or most places honestly. Jonah isn't going to be given the starting job if Carman outplays him. Carman struggles at Guard, 
not at Tackle, we will see if this is the case and he just likes playing on the outside. He will have a full Offseason to learn RT, I think he 
does well there, we will see.

It was encouraging to see Carman play well at LT. He doesn't get pushed around like Jonah does and it has been a damn long time since
Jonah has played RT just the same. Ignoring Carman competing for the starting spot is a mistake IMO. 

At least put him in the conversation.

Im not ignoring Carman for the competition but I have never seen any coach say he had the nod over Jonah.  Before camp starts Jonah's 12.6M gives him the nod immediately.  Carman played LT well but that was on the left.  I'd love to see them both look great.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 11:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not ignoring Carman for the competition but I have never seen any coach say he had the nod over Jonah.  Before camp starts Jonah's 12.6M gives him the nod immediately.  Carman played LT well but that was on the left.  I'd love to see them both look great.

Williams and Carman in a battle Royal is a damn good thing.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 11:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not ignoring Carman for the competition but I have never seen any coach say he had the nod over Jonah.  Before camp starts Jonah's 12.6M gives him the nod immediately.  Carman played LT well but that was on the left.  I'd love to see them both look great.

Not saying you were Casear, it was Ben Baby that didn't even mention him. Carman is always mentioned when Pollack or the coaches
speak about RT this year. I honestly think he fits if he can handle the right side, because you are right and he did struggle at Right Guard.

Maybe with his experience there, learning from his mistakes and playing at Tackle will help him make the leap. He sure can just manhandle
DL when he gets his hands on them, unlike Jonah who just isn't very big or strong. Would love them both to look great for sure. Just hoping
for Carman to succeed as he might have a future here if he does. Jonah will be outta here after this year regardless.

(05-18-2023, 11:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Williams and Carman in a battle Royal is a damn good thing.

That's right. Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not saying you were Casear, it was Ben Baby that didn't even mention him. Carman is always mentioned when Pollack or the coaches
speak about RT this year. I honestly think he fits if he can handle the right side, because you are right and he did struggle at Right Guard.

Maybe with his experience there, learning from his mistakes and playing at Tackle will help him make the leap. He sure can just manhandle
DL when he gets his hands on them, unlike Jonah who just isn't very big or strong. Would love them both to look great for sure. Just hoping
for Carman to succeed as he might have a future here if he does. Jonah will be outta here after this year regardless.

That's right. Wink

Carmen played very well at LEFT tackle.  He also played better at LG than RG, my concern is the side more so than the tackle position.  Im hoping both guys look great.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 09:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Carmen played very well at LEFT tackle.  He also played better at LG than RG, my concern is the side more so than the tackle position.  Im hoping both guys look great.

I’m not sure Carman’s problems were left or right side. He started at LT for Clemson for a ton of games. I know he arrived with a back issue and out of shape. But he never seemed to understand what it took to be good at the next level. And never earned the staff’s trust until this year. I think the proverbial light came on. There’s also some survival mode for all 3 of them. They’d all better put their big boy pants on and let the battle begin.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 09:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not sure Carman’s problems were left or right side. He started at LT for Clemson for a ton of games. I know he arrived with a back issue and out of shape. But he never seemed to understand what it took to be good at the next level. And never earned the staff’s trust until this year. I think the proverbial light came on. There’s also some survival mode for all 3 of them. They’d all better put their big boy pants on and let the battle begin.

I think it is obvious when comparing his grades at LG and RG, it was clear when he played LT in the playoffs, that he plays much better on the left side.  Include his own comments about the difficulties he had switching sides and I have no issue saying the side is an issue.  There is no doubt he came into the league unprepared, but several players have stated the issue of moving sides, add that to his lack of preparedness and this is what we get - year 3 and he is still a question mark.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 08:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think it is obvious when comparing his grades at LG and RG, it was clear when he played LT in the playoffs, that he plays much better on the left side.  Include his own comments about the difficulties he had switching sides and I have no issue saying the side is an issue.  There is no doubt he came into the league unprepared, but several players have stated the issue of moving sides, add that to his lack of preparedness and this is what we get - year 3 and he is still a question mark.

I should have said I thought Carman’s issues were more about his work ethic and mindset than side. Not denying his good work at LT late last season. Hopefully he can be comfortable at tackle.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 09:22 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I should have said I thought Carman’s issues were more about his work ethic and mindset than side. Not denying his good work at LT late last season. Hopefully he can be comfortable at tackle.

He is very young, obviously had some maturing to do.  I hear Lewan and many other excellent tackles discuss the issues of moving sides and it is not as easy as people think.  I'd love to see him reach his potential.

Reply/Quote
I will take 4-0 in the post season over any regular season record!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 09:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Carmen played very well at LEFT tackle.  He also played better at LG than RG, my concern is the side more so than the tackle position.  Im hoping both guys look great.

Cannot disagree. Hope Carman works his ass off and learns how to be comfortable on the right side, namely RT.

Also hope Jonah looks great, does well here this year and gets a big paycheck from some other team after. It would just benefit the 
Bengals more if Carman plays even better than Jonah at RT so we can be set at RT for years to come, so this is what I am hoping the
most by far of all the scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 11:20 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He is very young, obviously had some maturing to do.  I hear Lewan and many other excellent tackles discuss the issues of moving sides and it is not as easy as people think.  I'd love to see him reach his potential.

I hope either he or Jonah can get it done.

Reply/Quote