Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals finally getting respect:
Recent Power Rankings:
The Athletic
2. Cincinnati Bengals 
Aside from Tom Brady, no starting quarterback got rid of the ball quicker than Joe Burrow’s average time to throw of 2.4 seconds in 2022. Part of that was the continued development of one of the league’s best quarterbacks, part was the design of protecting an improving but still questionable pass-protecting offensive line. As a result, Burrow’s downfield attempts (defined here as at least 30 air yards) dropped from 34 in 2021 to 16 in 2022. Enter Orlando Brown Jr., who landed in Cincinnati as a surprise to all. Now things are set up for Burrow to be just as dangerous downfield as in the quick passing game.

ESPN:
2. Cincinnati Bengals
Way-too-early ranking: 4
Top under-the-radar move: Signing offensive lineman Cody Ford
Cincinnati's depth along the offensive line was tested in the postseason, with three backups playing in the AFC title loss to Kansas City. Adding Ford, who will be an offensive tackle, at the very least upgrades the depth in a room that now includes left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Ford could emerge as a potential swing tackle option or even be in the mix as a potential right tackle, depending on what happens with Jonah Williams. -- Ben Baby
The Sporting News:
2. Cincinnati Bengals (3)
The Bengals took some defensive hits but are adjusting well to needing to pay Joe Burrow big-time soon. They are following the Chiefs' blueprint with Mahomes to know which positions are most important to winning big a lot more with Burrow and which are most replaceable

NFL.com
Rank 3
Cincinnati Bengals
2022 record: 12-4
Previous rank: No. 3

The free agency period started quietly ... then came the big splash. A 6-foot-8, 340-pound splash named Orlando Brown Jr. The four-time Pro Bowler, fresh off a Super Bowl-winning season blocking for Patrick Mahomes, will now attempt to reach the NFL mountaintop with Joe Burrow. The move turns one of the team's biggest weaknesses (incumbent left tackle Jonah Williams struggled before going down with a knee injury in the playoffs) into a position of strength. "For them to believe in me as a left tackle was enough," Brown said of the Bengals in his opening press conference. "I'm willing to put my life on the line for that." That's the guy you want protecting your blind side!
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Been getting a lot of respect lately. Rightfully so. Just need to make it count and destroy all in our way and not make it a question.

It is a New Dey with Joe Burrow #1 and Zac Taylor, Lou and what they have built by bringing in the players that fit their system.

I know the culture thing gets talked about a lot but it is real. It is different here now and we can beat anybody and expect us to
beat the Chiefs at least once this season and any team that stands in our way when games count the most if Burrow and our team
are somewhat healthy.
Reply/Quote
Bengals kicked the door down and earned the respect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals kicked the door down and earned the respect.

Absolutely. Back to back AFC Championships with a mess of an OL, winning games they said we wouldn't along the way.

I wouldn't take another QB over Joe Cool, and I wouldn't take another group of playmakers over ours either. 

Clearly an Elite team and in that small group who are just behind KC as of right now. Difference between us and the rest, is we've proven we can consistently hang with and beat the Chiefs. 

Just gotta turn this promise into a Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:05 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely. Back to back AFC Championships with a mess of an OL, winning games they said we wouldn't along the way.

I wouldn't take another QB over Joe Cool, and I wouldn't take another group of playmakers over ours either. 

Clearly an Elite team and in that small group who are just behind KC as of right now. Difference between us and the rest, is we've proven we can consistently hang with and beat the Chiefs. 

Just gotta turn this promise into a Lombardi.

And a 10 or 11 game win streak to get there....
Reply/Quote
This is OUR YEAR! I truly believe that. This may be the last season with both Chase and Tee along with other talent. Getting Lou back is huge. This is the year we completely dominate from the start. There will be no doubt who the best team is by mid season. Who-Dey damnit! Can’t wait.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And a 10 or 11 game win streak to get there....

I will say I thought the team was in 'proving the previous season to be a little bit of a fluke' mode prior to that streak... but credit where it's due, they really got it together. It's sometimes challenging to believe in a Franchise which has historically been a total letdown, but I do genuinely feel these Bengals are different.
Reply/Quote
Unlike last year the other top teams didn’t sign a big free agent w/o losing one or didn’t lose one and didn’t sign one. I don’t see where the Bills did much. KC may be fine at tackle but it’s an unknown. Taylor moving to LT and Niang is likely to play RT and he’s had injury problems. I look for them to draft a tackle.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 05:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I will say I thought the team was in 'proving the previous season to be a little bit of a fluke' mode prior to that streak... but credit where it's due, they really got it together. It's sometimes challenging to believe in a Franchise which has historically been a total letdown, but I do genuinely feel these Bengals are different.

I understand that, but this team and coach is special. It's a shame some (not you)  are so entrenched in wallowing in past misery, they are not enjoying what we have now because they are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. This team is a dream, and damned if some aren't going to miss it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 01:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This is OUR YEAR! I truly believe that. This may be the last season with both Chase and Tee along with other talent. Getting Lou back is huge. This is the year we completely dominate from the start. There will be no doubt who the best team is by mid season. Who-Dey damnit! Can’t wait.

Think so too, Burrow won't have his appendix bursting before this season. Karras, Cappa and Volson have played together extensively 
unlike at the beginning of last season where it was entirely new besides Jonah. We are still stacked with weapons for Burrow to pick from
and added another one in Irv Smith and will add more in the Draft etc.

Sucked losing to the Chiefs like that barely, but our OL had 3 backups playing on it and we might not of beat the Eagles because of it.

This year hopefully the OL is decent from the beginning and we don't have that crap going on in the Playoffs for once.

Just a matter of time before our OL actually is healthy in the Playoffs and decent.

(04-02-2023, 02:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I understand that, but this team and coach is special. It's a shame some (not you)  are so entrenched in wallowing in past misery, they are not enjoying what we have now because they are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. This team is a dream, and damned if some aren't going to miss it.  

You see it in the thread about vets wanting to come here, some are talking themselves out of it so they don't get disappointed...

Jaded Bengal fans still cannot come to terms that the golden years are here and a Lombardi or many are on their way soon enough.
Reply/Quote
You guys are blowing smoke. They're gonna tank this season to get the first pick of the draft next season.  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 02:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I understand that, but this team and coach is special. It's a shame some (not you)  are so entrenched in wallowing in past misery, they are not enjoying what we have now because they are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. This team is a dream, and damned if some aren't going to miss it.  

Absolutely. We are very fortunate to be fans of what the Bengals are right now. I don't see a reason not to be very high on this team moving forward either, regardless of whether we win it all this coming season or not. 
Reply/Quote
It’s interesting to see and hear some of the chatter surrounding the Bengals since they drafted Burrow. From the pundits blasting the Bengals for drafting Chase instead of Sewell, to the other teams’ fans dissing the team, to those trying to detract from the team because of their confidence, etc.

None of that ever mattered to me when we were doing poorly, and certainly not now. We, the fans, nor the Bengals as a team, need anyone’s respect. Go out and take care of business. As they say, “Those that matter, care……those that don’t care, don’t matter”.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 05:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: You guys are blowing smoke. They're gonna tank this season to get the first pick of the draft next season.  Smirk

Marvin Harrison Jr or Brock Bowers?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 07:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Recent Power Rankings:
The Athletic
2. Cincinnati Bengals 
Aside from Tom Brady, no starting quarterback got rid of the ball quicker than Joe Burrow’s average time to throw of 2.4 seconds in 2022. Part of that was the continued development of one of the league’s best quarterbacks, part was the design of protecting an improving but still questionable pass-protecting offensive line. As a result, Burrow’s downfield attempts (defined here as at least 30 air yards) dropped from 34 in 2021 to 16 in 2022. Enter Orlando Brown Jr., who landed in Cincinnati as a surprise to all. Now things are set up for Burrow to be just as dangerous downfield as in the quick passing game.

ESPN:
2. Cincinnati Bengals
Way-too-early ranking: 4
Top under-the-radar move: Signing offensive lineman Cody Ford
Cincinnati's depth along the offensive line was tested in the postseason, with three backups playing in the AFC title loss to Kansas City. Adding Ford, who will be an offensive tackle, at the very least upgrades the depth in a room that now includes left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Ford could emerge as a potential swing tackle option or even be in the mix as a potential right tackle, depending on what happens with Jonah Williams. -- Ben Baby
The Sporting News:
2. Cincinnati Bengals (3)
The Bengals took some defensive hits but are adjusting well to needing to pay Joe Burrow big-time soon. They are following the Chiefs' blueprint with Mahomes to know which positions are most important to winning big a lot more with Burrow and which are most replaceable

NFL.com
Rank 3
Cincinnati Bengals
2022 record: 12-4
Previous rank: No. 3

The free agency period started quietly ... then came the big splash. A 6-foot-8, 340-pound splash named Orlando Brown Jr. The four-time Pro Bowler, fresh off a Super Bowl-winning season blocking for Patrick Mahomes, will now attempt to reach the NFL mountaintop with Joe Burrow. The move turns one of the team's biggest weaknesses (incumbent left tackle Jonah Williams struggled before going down with a knee injury in the playoffs) into a position of strength. "For them to believe in me as a left tackle was enough," Brown said of the Bengals in his opening press conference. "I'm willing to put my life on the line for that." That's the guy you want protecting your blind side!

Even though they are professionals, I still love when they feel "disrespected".  That being said, it is awesome to feel the love for what they are building and that Burrow is a bona fide star.  
Reply/Quote