Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals front seven
If this team is going to make a run this season the front seven has got to play light years better than they have so far..The linebackers are out of position far more than in year's past,the defensive line has gotten no push and rarely produce pressure and even when dropping lineman into coverage there not looking where they're going to( Michael Johnson against redskins).

I truly don't think we the talent at linebacker unless we give flowers and Virgil a shot,but the defensive line I have hope for these guys have done it at consistent level in the past
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:58 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: If this team is going to make a run this season the front seven has got to play light years better than they have so far..The linebackers are out of position far more than in year's past,the defensive line has gotten no push and rarely produce pressure and even when dropping lineman into coverage there not looking where they're going to( Michael Johnson against redskins).

I truly don't think we the talent at linebacker unless we give flowers and Virgil a shot,but the defensive line I have hope for these guys have done it at consistent level in the past

Did we trade for someone named Virgil?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did we trade for someone named Virgil?

It's the Roman poet. He fits our profile of signing aging veterans...

I doubt that they give him a statue here though. ;-)
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's the Roman poet. He fits our profile of signing aging veterans...

I doubt that they give him a statue here though. ;-)

But wait .... rumor has it Mike Brown likes him!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:58 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: If this team is going to make a run this season the front seven has got to play light years better than they have so far..The linebackers are out of position far more than in year's past,the defensive line has gotten no push and rarely produce pressure and even when dropping lineman into coverage there not looking where they're going to( Michael Johnson against redskins).

For some reason, that;s a Guenther staple. He's done it numerous times. I counted after a certain point during the Redskins game and there were 5 times where Dunlap and Johnson dropped back into coverage. Which is ludicrous and beyond stupid. It bites us more than helps us.

The only time I've seen it help was when Dunlap took the ball away from Boldin in the 49ers game. But even then, it would have been a good gain had it not been for Dunlap's power and pursuit.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

The front four is getting great push in the pass rush.  Unfortunately, QBs are finding an open man to get the ball to, at the last moment.  Psst! (It's the Safeties, they're not in as good position as they were last year.  I blame this on losing Coach Vance Joseph)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The front four is getting great push in the pass rush.  Unfortunately, QBs are finding an open man to get the ball to, at the last moment.  Psst! (It's the Safeties, they're not in as good position as they were last year.  I blame this on losing Coach Vance Joseph)

You're right.I was even looking at safeties today on YouTube. I know we need one. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah, need to put Peko and MJ on the back burner at DL and give Sims, Clarke and Gilberry more snaps.

Give the Vigil and Flowers more snaps, they are at the very least athletic. Vinny Rey is our best LB'er right now.

Maualuga, Dansby and even Burfict have been trash.

You still have to assign some blame to the new Defensive coaches though.

Burney, Haslett and Coyle have all disappointed so far.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, need to put Peko and MJ on the back burner at DL and give Sims, Clarke and Gilberry more snaps.

Give the Vigil and Flowers more snaps, they are at the very least athletic. Vinny Rey is our best LB'er right now.

Maualuga, Dansby (insert Peko here ) and even Burfict have been trash.

You still have to assign some blame to the new Defensive coaches though.

Burney, Haslett and Coyle have all disappointed so far.
Dropping Bengal LBs and DEs into coverage only works on the chalkboard. Not in a real game. Just looks at the number of completions against the Bengal LBs, etc. to see the middle is always a gimme for opposing QBs. The DC doesn't have the right kind of LBs (on the field now) to play this way. Yes, get some athletic players into the game!!! ThumbsUp  The coaches mentioned above definitely need some coaching! Sad
Reply/Quote