Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals get absolutely screwed
Now the Bengals have to win Sunday in order to even have a home playoff game despite winning the AFC North, thanks a lot NFL
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Bills got screwed slightly because they controlled their own destiny for the 1st seed, but now they need help from LV.

Bengals got the biggest shaft for sure, though. Who really comes out smelling like a rose is KC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess now is a good time to hop off the Bengals bandwagon. I honestly don't see them ever winning a SB in this rigged ass fixed league
Reply/Quote
Lol, so we are AFCN division champs.. but if we lose, we have to go to a coin flip?
Reply/Quote
So ***** pissed off we do the right thing while the league stood about with their thumb up their arse and we get shafted for it.

I said this earlier that all the attention was on KC and the Bills and we were an afterthought despite beating the Chiefs and looking like we might steamroll Buffalo.

Morale of the story next time a catastrophic injury happens to an opposing player, nope you have 5 minutes to warm up and we get on with it.

Wankers.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-browns-rb-peyton-hillis-in-critical-condition-after-swimming-accident/ar-AA161idD?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=704e7b7f959044ffb1d99c1c6855168e

Now Cleveland will forfeit, and we will have to go through this all over again.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:40 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Bills got screwed slightly because they controlled their own destiny for the 1st seed, but now they need help from LV.  

Bengals got the biggest shaft for sure, though.  Who really comes out smelling like a rose is KC.

No KC had chance at home field and now they might have to lay on neutral site
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Now the Bengals have to win Sunday in order to even have a home playoff game despite winning the AFC North, thanks a lot NFL

Well, I guess you could look at the bright side, you, *personally* don't have to seen Brandon Allen Play QB. *high five* F THE NFL
Reply/Quote
There are some mighty soft Bengal fans on the board as well. It's the same "I'm okay with taking it up my ass" attitude that Taylor & Company had that landed us where we are. The Bengals could have forced a much more favorable outcome if they hadn't been so soft.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:58 AM)Science Friction Wrote: There are some mighty soft Bengal fans on the board as well. It's the same "I'm okay with taking it up my ass" attitude that Taylor & Company had that landed us where we are. The Bengals could have forced a much more favorable outcome if they hadn't been so soft.

Lol, is this the one that got him banned? Or the video of the DUI arrest?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:17 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Lol, is this the one that got him banned? Or the video of the DUI arrest?

i was wondering myself. after seeing that response we found out why lol.
Reply/Quote
I need to repeat this, because I don't know how to get this to the public.

There are two different sets of rules regarding the Bengals.

If the Bengals finish 1/2 game ahead of the Ravens, the Bengals are subject to a coin-flip to determine home field.

If the Chiefs finish 1/2 game ahead of the Bengals, in the specific case of the Chiefs being 2nd and the Bengals 3rd (ie., Chiefs lose, Bengals win, Buffalo wins), then the Chiefs are not subject to a coin-flip to determine home field. The 2 versus 3 game would be at Arrowhead.

This kind of bias does not occur unwittingly. I am sure it was in the minds of those deciding. Probably they didn't want blowback from the Chiefs and the Ravens. Maybe they didn't want the Chiefs to have to play two road games. Whatever the reason, it is an example of clear bias.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:30 AM)Nepa Wrote: I need to repeat this, because I don't know how to get this to the public.

There are two different sets of rules regarding the Bengals.

If the Bengals finish 1/2 game ahead of the Ravens, the Bengals are subject to a coin-flip to determine home field.

If the Chiefs finish 1/2 game ahead of the Bengals, in the specific case of the Chiefs being 2nd and the Bengals 3rd (ie., Chiefs lose, Bengals win, Buffalo wins), then the Chiefs are not subject to a coin-flip to determine home field. The 2 versus 3 game would be at Arrowhead.

This kind of bias does not occur unwittingly. I am sure it was in the minds of those deciding. Probably they didn't want blowback from the Chiefs and the Ravens. Maybe they didn't want the Chiefs to have to play two road games. Whatever the reason, it is an example of clear bias.

The league clearly wants to protect their golden boy Mahomes. That was evident with the calls when they played the Broncos.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So ***** pissed off we do the right thing while the league stood about with their thumb up their arse and we get shafted for it.

I said this earlier that all the attention was on KC and the Bills and we were an afterthought despite beating the Chiefs and looking like we might steamroll Buffalo.

Morale of the story next time a catastrophic injury happens to an opposing player, nope you have 5 minutes to warm up and we get on with it.

Wankers.

Im not so great on the coin flip but i understand better since the Ravens would totally be screwed , How do you think Ravens would feel after beating us 2x.. how is that different than us beating KC feeling.. as for Bills, no way 1/2 a quarter of good football with a score of 7-3 is going to end up a steamroll, we can roll out nfl archives to show you that
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not so great on the coin flip but i understand better since the Ravens would totally be screwed , How do you think Ravens would feel after beating us 2x.. how is that different than us beating KC feeling.. as for Bills, no way 1/2 a quarter of good football with a score of 7-3 is going to end up a steamroll, we can roll out nfl archives to show you that

Because we have a better win percentage? 

The NFL gave us the division based on win percentage already, but picked and chose what they want to reward us with. Thats bullshit. Them beating us 2x literally does not matter. The Browns beat us 2x last year. Who cares? The division is based on a body long season of work. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not so great on the coin flip but i understand better since the Ravens would totally be screwed , How do you think Ravens would feel after beating us 2x.. how is that different than us beating KC feeling.. as for Bills, no way 1/2 a quarter of good football with a score of 7-3 is going to end up a steamroll, we can roll out nfl archives to show you that

I think it was 95 or 93. The 3-13 Bengals SWEPT the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers. Yes, 2 of our 3 wins came against one team. 

So what if they beat us twice and still have to come to Cincy to play their playoff game? There are 15 other games you play and an win and, unfortunately for the Ravens, they didn't win enough to win the division.

This is why the NFL needs to abide by THE ALREADY ESTABLISHED RULES and have playoff seeding be determined by win percentage.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because we have a better win percentage? 

The NFL gave us the division based on win percentage already, but picked and chose what they want to reward us with. Thats bullshit. Them beating us 2x literally does not matter. The Browns beat us 2x last year. Who cares? The division is based on a body long season of work. 

That is my point when the post referenced KC and us defeating them, we screwed ourselves also since KC had a better winning % if though we beat them.. that is the point I was making, if we are going to say we should win the division on body of work than we should not complain about KC or Buffalo body of work that is better than ours.. correct ?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is my point when the post referenced KC and us defeating them, we screwed ourselves also since KC had a better winning % if though we beat them.. that is the point I was making, if we are going to say we should win the division on body of work than we should not complain about KC or Buffalo body of work that is better than ours.. correct ?

OK? KCs body of work right now is better than Buffalos, but they are giving Buffalo and KC neutral field location if they meet in the playoffs. So that right there is inconsistent. Why do Ravens have the opportunity to host a game? If anything, move it to a neut location.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OK? KCs body of work right now is better than Buffalos, but they are giving Buffalo and KC neutral field location if they meet in the playoffs. So that right there is inconsistent. 

but you agree that by your logic with us having a better % percentage than Ravens,. it also makes sense that KC and Buffalo would be ahead of us.. too many people are trying to put us on the same line as KC and Buffalo coming into the weekend and we are not.  I said I thought the Bengals should get the division but I also understand that the Ravens were the 4th team most impacted by the no contest so though I am not total agreement with the coin flip and my gut is this is one area where the owners today might vote out the coin flip..

The neutral field is a way to level out the no contest, i understand their reasoning,
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OK? KCs body of work right now is better than Buffalos, but they are giving Buffalo and KC neutral field location if they meet in the playoffs. So that right there is inconsistent. Why do Ravens have the opportunity to host a game? If anything, move it to a neut location.

It's not inconsistent, based on what KC does. 

If they lose and Buffalo wins, they play neutral because the Bills "could" have won in Cincy and tied them, with tiebreak winners.
If they and Buffal lose and the Bengals win, they play neutral because the Bengals "could" have won against Buffalo and tied them both, with tiebreak winners. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote