Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals get absolutely screwed
(01-06-2023, 02:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't meant this towards you but holey shit, this is all making my head hurt. It's kind of a never ending debate because they're "consistent" in everyone playing by percentages in the divisional round but playing by "if's" in the championship round.

There's a valid argument to be made about playing by percentages or if's for both rounds.

It's all so muddled and ****** up...i'm about done with it. Again, no disrespect to you, i'm just over it at this point. 

Changing the rules on the fly when there is a rule on the books for this situation is insane, even if that rule hurts us, at least it is already in the book.

Reply/Quote
Cincy/Buffalo or Cincy/KC could be a neutral site as well:

Friday's passed resolution by the NFL consists of two main elements:
1) The AFC Championship Game will be played at a neutral site if:
Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both win or tie in Week 18 + both teams advance to the AFC title game.
Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) also loses or ties in Week 18 + Buffalo and Kansas City advance to the AFC title game.
Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) wins + the AFC title game is either Bills-Chiefs or Bengals-Chiefs.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will determine the neutral site of the title game, if one is required.
Reply/Quote
If K.C. loses this weekend and Cincinnati wins, K.C. should not be the #1 seed. It should be either Cincinnati or Buffalo.

If the Monday night game is not canceled and Cincinnati wins, Cincinnati would have been the #1 seed. If Buffalo had won the Monday night game, they would have been the #1 seed. Rewarding K.C. the #1 seed if they lose is crazy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If K.C. loses this weekend and Cincinnati wins, K.C. should not be the #1 seed.  It should be either Cincinnati or Buffalo.  

If the Monday night game is not canceled and Cincinnati wins, Cincinnati would have been the #1 seed.  If Buffalo had won the Monday night game, they would have been the #1 seed.  Rewarding K.C. the #1 seed if they lose is crazy

And watch this happen..... Buffalo and Cincinnati will be in the AFCCG and Goodell will make them play it in KC.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And watch this happen..... Buffalo and Cincinnati will be in the AFCCG and Goodell will make them play it in KC.

If that happened, Arrowhead would probably be full of Bengals supporters... in general we respect the Bengals and your fans.

I've lurked for a while off and on here, finally decided to make an account after this, especially after seeing some idiot on Two Bills Drive saying how the Bengals were actually getting advantages from this situation (I don't understand the mental gymnastics that thought took)
Reply/Quote
Don't worry. This is more motivation than even the Bills get. And Bills defense will be bad.

Mahomes in the Reid mustache commercial.

It happened again coach
Reply/Quote