Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals get new RB's Coach

https://www.raiders.com/team/coaches-roster/jemal-singleton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemal_Singleton
Reply/Quote
Funny that Wikipedia is giving him credit for Gore during his Colt stay. Pretty sure Gore could have gone over a 1,000 a season with no RB coach at that time. He probably learned more from Gore, than vice versa.
Reply/Quote
Do Whitworth and Gurley get to come with him?? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So OC and RB Coach both come from the Raiders.

Gotta wonder if Paulie is next Ninja
Reply/Quote
Not trying to rain on any parades, but...

2018 Raiders: 25th yards/23rd Y/A
2017 Colts: 22nd yards/28th Y/A
2016 Colts: 23rd yards/22nd Y/A

Those are his team's rankings in rushing. Can't totally fault him for it, but it's not a very good resume regardless. That said, it seems we're putting an extreme value on youth and familiarity with incoming guys. Obviously Callahan had a say in this hire.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am not going to lie, this pick is sort of buzz kill for me.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not trying to rain on any parades, but...

2018 Raiders: 25th yards/23rd Y/A
2017 Colts: 22nd yards/28th Y/A
2016 Colts: 23rd yards/22nd Y/A

Those are his team's rankings in rushing. Can't totally fault him for it, but it's not a very good resume regardless. That said, it seems we're putting an extreme value on youth and familiarity with incoming guys. Obviously Callahan had a say in this hire.

Doesn't sound too good. But he sure has some more talent to work with here.
Reply/Quote
He's got a lot of college experience.

Hopefully those stats are better. Not concerned with some of these assistant positions. Most important is the OC, DC, OLine Coach and LB's coach to me. Everyone else can grow into their role some as the offense/defense evolves into it's own.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't sound too good. But he sure has some more talent to work with here.

I mean, really, what is a Running Backs coach's duties anyway. You help them learn the playbook, the blocking schemes, etc.... but as for actually running the ball, the talent is either there or it's not....
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 04:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's got a lot of college experience.

Hopefully those stats are better. Not concerned with some of these assistant positions. Most important is the OC, DC, OLine Coach and LB's coach to me. Everyone else can grow into their role some as the offense/defense evolves into it's own.

(02-11-2019, 04:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, really, what is a Running Backs coach's duties anyway. You help them learn the playbook, the blocking schemes, etc.... but as for actually running the ball, the talent is either there or it's not....

Yeah, RB coach not as important as those other positions for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't sound too good. But he sure has some more talent to work with here.

True.

(02-11-2019, 04:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, really, what is a Running Backs coach's duties anyway. You help them learn the playbook, the blocking schemes, etc.... but as for actually running the ball, the talent is either there or it's not....

Well, it's not all about talent, as evidenced by our jump from 29th in yards per attempt to 8th last year. With the same RB's.

Part of it is talent, part of it is scheme. That said, the RB coach isn't usually involved with scheme. Like I said in my first post, you can't pin those rankings on this guy, but it's not like he was a part of anything good in the NFL. Neither was our o-line coach. I'm willing to give it a chance, but the resume's aren't impressive. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote