Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals get screwed, Buffalo wins the SB this year, mark it down.
(01-11-2023, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The NFL has their preferred narratives and while games might not be outright rigged, if you don't think they at least try to influence games then you're naive.  Remember, the year Jerome Bettis announced his retirement, the Steelers won the SB as the 6 seed.

The Bengals have suddenly become the "bad guys" again for no reason, after last season's "Cinderella Story."
and this year the "feel good narrative" will be a SB win for Buffalo for Hamlin.

Mark it down.

Aren't you a little early?  The gameday thread isn't up yet......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:19 AM)Tomkat Wrote: If you could find a way to get rid of the "sinking feeling" I have, that would be great!

I suggest drinking.. heavily

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The NFL has their preferred narratives and while games might not be outright rigged, if you don't think they at least try to influence games then you're naive.  Remember, the year Jerome Bettis announced his retirement, the Steelers won the SB as the 6 seed.

The Bengals have suddenly become the "bad guys" again for no reason, after last season's "Cinderella Story."
and this year the "feel good narrative" will be a SB win for Buffalo for Hamlin.

Mark it down.

No need to. This thread will always be here to come back and point out how it was wrong. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, see, this is what's going to happen: There's going to be a major controversial call against us WHEN we play the Bills. However, the BILLS aren't going to stand for it and will stage a protest and cause all kinds of problems for the league because they have our backs for having their backs with the Hamlin situation. 

You forgot to add this  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:56 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I for sure still have some serious PTSD from that Steelers game!   Cry Hilarious

In Simpsons Comic Book Guy voice:  Worst football game ever.  It was raining a good part of the game, and at one point my "rainproof" jacket developed a crease in the front, and at some point I stirred in my seat and effectively turned said crease into a gutter which channeled the 40 degree rain water right inside my coat, soaking the fleece I was wearing underneath.  Little did I know that incident would likely be the highpoint of an evening filled with plays called touchdowns that weren't touchdowns, a costly fumble and some bone-headed penalties.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Mark it down.

Buffalo?  Over the State Farm Chiefs?  I have seen a lot of teams that moved to a new city end up on the big game recently thereafter.  Often a team with minimal success up until then.  I wagered a bit that it might be the Raiders this season.  Swing and a miss.  Then I started thinking:  The Chargers moved as well.  They have one of the smallest fan bases in the US, but are now in one of the largest markets.  I could see them taking down Jax and then surprising the Chiefs and coming to Cincy for the AFC title game.  Wouldn't it be fun if it was like sub-zero in honor of the 40th anniversary of the Freezer Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Buffalo?  Over the State Farm Chiefs?  I have seen a lot of teams that moved to a new city end up on the big game recently thereafter.  Often a team with minimal success up until then.  I wagered a bit that it might be the Raiders this season.  Swing and a miss.  Then I started thinking:  The Chargers moved as well.  They have one of the smallest fan bases in the US, but are now in one of the largest markets.  I could see them taking down Jax and then surprising the Chiefs and coming to Cincy for the AFC title game.  Wouldn't it be fun if it was like sub-zero in honor of the 40th anniversary of the Freezer Bowl?

That's a pretty interesting scenario, and not to quibble but it would be the 41st anniversary plus a week or two since the Freezer Bowl game was played 1/10/82. For the Chargers to play in the AFC championship in Cincinnati they would have to beat Jacksonville and Kansas City while the Bengals beat the Ravens and then Buffalo at a neutral site unless Miami upsets them (if that happens I would walk around East St. Louis with a sign around my neck saying "Free sex."). 

For the NFC, there's also a fairly good chance the 49ers could make it even with a rookie quarterback since the Fleagles seem pretty banged up, Minnesota isn't all that, and the Cowboys are ... well, the Cowboys. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 09:01 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That's a pretty interesting scenario, and not to quibble but it would be the 41st anniversary plus a week or two since the Freezer Bowl game was played 1/10/82. For the Chargers to play in the AFC championship in Cincinnati they would have to beat Jacksonville and Kansas City while the Bengals beat the Ravens and then Buffalo at a neutral site unless Miami upsets them (if that happens I would walk around East St. Louis with a sign around my neck saying "Free sex."). 

For the NFC, there's also a fairly good chance the 49ers could make it even with a rookie quarterback since the Fleagles seem pretty banged up, Minnesota isn't all that, and the Cowboys are ... well, the Cowboys. 

Bengals wouldn't play the Bills at a neutral site.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
How many clown shoes threads do we need about the NFL being rigged?

I’m no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Paranoid delusions are a sign of some pretty serious medical conditions, and as your friend, I would counsel you to get this checked out.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Never could understand any Bengals fan not rooting for the Bengals to win. I just don’t get it. But, if you feel “doom and gloom” suits your mood, by all means, have at it.

Why are the Bengals the “bad guys”? I haven’t seen that anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:11 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How many clown shoes threads do we need about the NFL being rigged?

I said right at the beginning that the games aren't outright rigged, just influenced.
If you can look at everything that happens and say "yep, that's totally normal" then good for you, it must be nice to be able to ignore the obvious.
My logical brain won't let me do that.
Reply/Quote
This fanbase sure finds goofy ways to convince itself that something is deeply wrong.

The Bills could win the SB. If they do, I don’t want to see this nonsense scenario resurface as though it has been confirmed. They’re just a very good team. So are the Bengals. We’ll see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 11:18 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Never could understand any Bengals fan not rooting for the Bengals to win.  I just don’t get it.  But, if you feel “doom and gloom” suits your mood, by all means, have at it.

Why are the Bengals the “bad guys”?  I haven’t seen that anywhere.

Oh, I always root for the Bengals to win.
I just know to always be ready for the "bullshit call" to rear it's ugly head.
Last year was the Bengal's "Cinderella Story" - this year it will be someone else... I'm calling Buffalo, because the narrative is just too good.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No need to. This thread will always be here to come back and point out how it was wrong. 

Nothing would make me happier than being wrong.
Reply/Quote

Mark it down.

I actually think you are naive for thinking this thread is useful... most on here probably think the same.. 

mark it down
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 11:40 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh, I always root for the Bengals to win.
I just know to always be ready for the "bullshit call" to rear it's ugly head.
Last year was the Bengal's "Cinderella Story" - this year it will be someone else... I'm calling Buffalo, because the narrative is just too good.

I promise you, every team, in every NFL city, has said the same about the "bullshit calls" against their teams.

KC fans were all over the calls in Burrow's 3 meetings with them.  Steelers fans are notorious shiners about calls against their team.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:25 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Nothing would make me happier than being wrong.

No doubt. 

People make negative declarations all the time then say the same thing, as if it puts a nice little safety blanket over it. Mellow

My personal thoughts are, either make a negative comment and stick with it or don't even bother making it. 

[Image: seinfeld-shrug.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's not a "safety blanket," believe me... I WISH I didn't feel the way I do.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I actually think you are naive for thinking this thread is useful... most on here probably think the same.. 

mark it down

Kiss it... this is the place to vent to other Bengals fans, deal with it.
Reply/Quote
Ravens board has this conspiracy theory

Quote:It's from 3? Years ago (Zac Taylor's rookie coaching season) when they caught the Patriots guy filming from the press box and security caught him and confiscated his tape. Taylor and the Bengals were furious because even just the 30 second clip they eventually showed on fox was the exact same thing they were busted for in the original spygate (down and distance, formation, coaching groups, Etc..) . They were calling for blood and threatening to play the whole tape (over ten minutes, and reportedly worse than what the public got to see). Then nothing and no one ever spoke about it again other than the fines.

I think they paid off the Bengals and Taylor with the superbowl appearance and that Taylor would be the new Belichick (he got his spying methods and they promote the Bengals). Why else would he never comment on it again and just be cool about it?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote