Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com should do more articles like this
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/ameer-abdullah/article-1/Ameer-Abdullah-blog-I-was-a-little-rusty/a10255b8-fe1d-4c36-9312-20fa93dc9ee2

A player journal authored by the player himself. This gives you a look inside the player's mind you can't get elsewhere if done right (like Jeter's The Player's Tribune). Instead, I go back for the first time in months and they just have Hobspin pontificating about how Michael Johnson prayed after his injury, DeShawn Williams' father, and a weak headline with a 3/10 Leon Hall pun attempt. Like what's next, a fluff piece called Kumerow-Row-Row Your Boat about Jake Kumerow's record-setting prep school rowing career?

Assuming there are people associated with the Bengals checking on this message board to see how badly they dropped the ball, CAN YOU DO THIS? Maybe an A.J. Green camp diary written by Adriel himself? You would bring back some of your loyal fans/page views you totally gave the finger to.

Regards, GarbageDisposal  :heart:
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
warmest regards,

[Image: BADGER1.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:00 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: http://www.detroitlions.com/news/ameer-abdullah/article-1/Ameer-Abdullah-blog-I-was-a-little-rusty/a10255b8-fe1d-4c36-9312-20fa93dc9ee2

A player journal authored by the player himself. This gives you a look inside the player's mind you can't get elsewhere if done right (like Jeter's The Player's Tribune). Instead, I go back for the first time in months and they just have Hobspin pontificating about how Michael Johnson prayed after his injury, DeShawn Williams' father, and a weak headline with a 3/10 Leon Hall pun attempt. Like what's next, a fluff piece called Kumerow-Row-Row Your Boat about Jake Kumerow's record-setting prep school rowing career?

Assuming there are people associated with the Bengals checking on this message board to see how badly they dropped the ball, CAN YOU DO THIS? Maybe an A.J. Green camp diary written by Adriel himself? You would bring back some of your loyal fans/page views you totally gave the finger to.

With regards, GarbageDisposal  :heart:

I believe the Bengals have done this.  Didn't Jeremy Hill do one just last year?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:47 PM)McC Wrote: I brlirvr the Bengals have done this.  Didn't Jeremy Hill do one just last year?

Yeah, I think Hill did one. Something sticks in my memory that Geno did one a few years back.
Reply/Quote
^ Oh damn, I had to look that up, Hill's my favorite player. This should be a regular thing.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Rookie-diary-short-leases-and-long-days/7f2d7e98-b8bf-4afe-bd60-a11a573708af

Here it is for anyone interested. It's cool how grounded he seems, not expecting any guarantees, only to blow up and have a 1,200 yard season. :D
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:00 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote:  You would bring back some of your loyal fans/page views you totally gave the finger to.

Regards, GarbageDisposal  :heart:

So they did exactly what you asked for and you didn't even remember that it happened?

Maybe that is why they didn't do it again this year.  It was such a dud that a "loyal fan" like yourself did not even remember it.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So they did exactly what you asked for and you didn't even remember that it happened?

Maybe that is why they didn't do it again this year.  It was such a dud that a "loyal fan" like yourself did not even remember it.

caaaaaaalm down, the guy may have missed it.

No reason to call him out and question his loyalty as a fan Smirk

easy Fred, eassssy
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 02:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: caaaaaaalm down, the guy may have missed it.

easy Fred, eassssy

That's fred's shtick. 
he's a better fan than all of us. 
Reply/Quote
I suppose no one remembers my article either. "Loyal fans". Pshaw!

Smirk
Reply/Quote
Wait! Wait! You mean the fluff about players praying doesn't really cut it?
If prayers were as "powerful" as many claim then obviously all 32 teams would win the super bowl every season and nobody would ever be injured ..Sorry, it appears that god has been reduced to that of shaving points and he pays particular attention to extra points and field goals.
I'd love to see just one article about the failures of praying especially during the playoffs,but I have a sneaking hunch Hobson would just soon cut off his typing fingers.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I guess I'm just not a loyal fan either. I have failed to establish a man cave and don't do free advertising for the Brown family. Now if Mike Brown offers me a substantial paycheck to wear Bengals clothing I might reconsider.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 02:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: caaaaaaalm down, the guy may have missed it.

easy Fred, eassssy

Let me get this straight.  Garbage Disposal comes here ripping the Bengals front office for not doing the exact thing that they did and gets all self-righteous about how they don't care for their "loyal fans" like him, and I am not allowed to point out how ridiculous he looks?

C'mon man.
Reply/Quote
we do we have here
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote