Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting 3 6th-round Comp Picks
About what we were expecting I guess.

Now have 5 picks in the 6th round alone, including the one gained from the Cowboys for the Benwikere trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: About what we were expecting I guess.

Now have 5 picks in the 6th round alone, including the one gained from the Cowboys for the Benwikere trade.

who? we traded someone...?

Imma guess they use 1 or 2 to move up on day 3....    Or as part of swapping picks...  (like we switch spots in the 2nd or 3rd and throw in a 6th for moving up a few slots) just an example not sure where the value is on those.

Or

3 guys to help beef up the STs unit
Reply/Quote
We might not have won a playoff game in 27 years...but we OWN the 6th Round!!!

Be jealous Patriots!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We control the 6th Round!!!

is that the tom brady round?
Reply/Quote
Hey 49ers...we'll trade you 5 6th Round picks for your 1st Round pick.
Reply/Quote
6th round picks have no real trade value. Just use them and hope we find a decent player out of the group.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who? we traded someone...?

Imma guess they use 1 or 2 to move up on day 3....    Or as part of swapping picks...  (like we switch spots in the 2nd or 3rd and throw in a 6th for moving up a few slots) just an example not sure where the value is on those.

Or

3 guys to help beef up the STs unit

We traded CB Bene Benwikere to the Cowboys for their 6th round pick.
Yeah, I totally forgot about that too.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is that the tom brady round?

Yup, pick 199. Hopefully we can package some of those picks for a higher draft pick
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 6th round picks have no real trade value.  Just use them and hope we find a decent player out of the group.

we sent players away for 6th before if a team is looking to get out of a contract sometimes a 6th will do it.
Reply/Quote
For the love of god use a pick or two to move up in the earlier rounds.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The draft is a total crap shoot.

I say we increase our chances of getting a good player more by having more picks (chances) than we do moving up a couple of spots in a middle round.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The draft is a total crap shoot.

I say we increase our chances of getting a good player more by having more picks (chances) than we do moving up a couple of spots in a middle round.

I think the math from % of players that do become contributors per round says it would likely be a better chance to find a quality player using a 5th and a 6th (maybe 2 depending on how high you what to move up) to move back up into the 4th round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We might not have won a playoff game in 27 years...but we OWN the 6th Round!!!

Be jealous Patriots!

Yeah, take THAT Cleveland and your measly first rounders!  Mooning
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would like to see us use 3 of those picks to maybe move around the draft in rds 3-5. Or use 2 of them to move back up into the 5th at least!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 06:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I think the math from % of players that do become contributors per round says it would likely be a better chance to find a quality player using a 5th and a 6th (maybe 2 depending on how high you what to move up) to move back up into the 4th round.

I doubt it.  The chances of hitting on a good player probably are not twice as high in the sixth as in the fourth.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt it.  The chances of hitting on a good player probably are not twice as high in the sixth as in the fourth.

Besides TE it's actually pretty close to twice as high % wise.

It's a bit dated.

Quote:Historic Success Chart (2005-14)

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:
1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)
2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)
3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)
4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)
5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)
6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)
7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

And honestly do you think 5...6th round picks are going to make the roster or even the practice squad? I'd say if they like a player that they have a 4th round grade on packaging a late round picks to get him is a good idea.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Exactly, no way does 5 6th rounders make the team, IMHO we should try to move around earlier using these picks as ammo. With our current roster as it is, I would try to use my 6th rounders on WR's/RB's/Punter or special teamers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Synric Wrote: And honestly do you think 5...6th round picks are going to make the roster or even the practice squad?

No.  What I am saying is that multiple picks increase our chances of getting a good player.  When you see people buy multiple lottery tickets they are not planning on winning every time.  Instead they are increasing their chances of winning once.

According the draft pick value chart you would only get a late fourth round pick in exchange for all three of our sixth round comp picks.  The numbers you posted show that at most positions there is rally not that big of a difference between the chances of finding a good player.  There are certainly not three times better odds. 

Plus those numbers don't look right.  Maybe it has to do with small sample size, but according to that chart you have a better chance of drafting a starting DB in the 7th round than in the 6th.  So maybe we can bundle a couple of our 6th round picks to move back into the 7th round. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  What I am saying is that multiple picks increase our chances of getting a good player.  When you see people buy multiple lottery tickets they are not planning on winning every time.  Instead they are increasing their chances of winning once.

According the draft pick value chart you would only get a late fourth round pick in exchange for all three of our sixth round comp picks.  The numbers you posted show that at most positions there is rally not that big of a difference between the chances of finding a good player.  There are certainly not three times better odds. 

Plus those numbers don't look right.  Maybe it has to do with small sample size, but according to that chart you have a better chance of drafting a starting DB in the 7th round than in the 6th.  So maybe we can bundle a couple of our 6th round picks to move back into the 7th round. Rolleyes

Bad comparison. You don't study and interview lottery tickets if that's how you view the draft you are doing it wrong.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Bad comparison. You don't study and interview lottery tickets if that's how you view the draft you are doing it wrong.

That is the way reality sees the lottery.
  Otherwise how do you explain the fact that teams have gotten more starting DBs from the 7th round than the 6th, and more starting QBs in the 7th than in the 5th and 6th combined, and more starting DBs in the 5th than the 4th, and so on and so on and so on.

People who love the draft refuse to admit that it is mostly luck after the first couple of rounds, but these numbers prove it.
Reply/Quote