Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting 3 6th-round Comp Picks
(02-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Besides TE it's actually pretty close to twice as high % wise.

It's a bit dated.

[/font][/size][/color]

And honestly do you think 5...6th round picks are going to make the roster or even the practice squad? I'd say if they like a player that they have a 4th round grade on packaging a late round picks to get him is a good idea.

Oh, the irony of Tom Brady..  O% chance for a QB to become a consistent starter from the 6th round, yet here he is..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
That is the way reality sees the lottery.
  Otherwise how do you explain the fact that teams have gotten more starting DBs from the 7th round than the 6th, and more starting QBs in the 7th than in the 5th and 6th combined, and more starting DBs in the 5th than the 4th, and so on and so on and so on.

People who love the draft refuse to admit that it is mostly luck after the first couple of rounds, but these numbers prove it.

You realize your arguement points to drafting in the 3rd and 4th round is less viable than trading those picks for multiple 6th and 7th rounders?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The more bullets gives a better chance of hitting the target. But the better quality of bullets have a better accuracy.

I have no idea on the draft approach by the Bengals with Taylor on board, but Tobin will still guide the war room.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
6th round picks, otherwise known as Future Bengals Message Board Preseason HoFers.

ML ERA 6TH ROUNDERS:

Langston Moore
Greg Brooks
Tab Perry
Reggie McNeal
Matt Toeaina
Corey Lynch
Matt Sherry
Morgan Trent
Bernard Scott
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Daniel Herron
Rex Burkhead
Cobi Hamilton
Marquise Flowers
Derron Smith
Cody Core
Jordan Evans
Brandon Wilson

Some real message board heroes there. Best players from that list are probably Corey Lynch and Rex Burkhead, both depth role players. No real hits.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We might not have won a playoff game in 27 years...but we OWN the 6th Round!!!

Be jealous Patriots!

Sad but true......Mike Brown gets a chubby over Comp picks.........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I would consider packaging up all 5 Rd 6 picks plus other goodies to work getting us a second pick in Rd1 or Rd2. I know the price can be steep but with our needs we are not likely to get what we need in the late rounds.
Reply/Quote
great Tobin can find us another injured RB from Florida to draft.
Reply/Quote
I remember in the old days (sort of) that 12 rounds draft could find gems. Wasn't Krumrie a 10th rounder?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hold onto those picks and use them. Huber was a below average punter last year and Randy can easily be upgraded. Get the best kickers available and use the rest on some fliers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 10:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: great Tobin can find us another injured RB from Florida to draft.

We do that in the 4th Round.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 06:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah, take THAT Cleveland and your measly first rounders!  Mooning

I keep clicking refresh on the Bengals.com website for a Model Model II website.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The draft is a total crap shoot.

I say we increase our chances of getting a good player more by having more picks (chances) than we do moving up a couple of spots in a middle round.

We need to move up early if we feel the guy we want will be gone then hustle their butts off on the phones to trade away the 6th round picks to move back up in the mid rounds for what we traded.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: About what we were expecting I guess.

Now have 5 picks in the 6th round alone, including the one gained from the Cowboys for the Benwikere trade.

Did we already have 2 6th RD picks?
Reply/Quote
Cedric 'The 17 Percent' Ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 6th round picks have no real trade value.  Just use them and hope we find a decent player out of the group.

Call the steelers and offer one of the 6th rounders for Antonio Brown...just to be a dick.  Oh, and leak it to Adam Schefter so it is made public.  
Reply/Quote
Not worth much trade wise. Sure, we might move up a few spots in round two or three, but that probably wouldn't do much.

I'd take the five best TEs, QBs or some mix of the two positions and see if any of them can become the new backup QB or replace eifert.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 09:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 6th round picks, otherwise known as Future Bengals Message Board Preseason HoFers.

ML ERA 6TH ROUNDERS:

Langston Moore
Greg Brooks
Tab Perry
Reggie McNeal
Matt Toeaina
Corey Lynch
Matt Sherry
Morgan Trent
Bernard Scott
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Daniel Herron
Rex Burkhead
Cobi Hamilton
Marquise Flowers
Derron Smith
Cody Core
Jordan Evans
Brandon Wilson

Some real message board heroes there. Best players from that list are probably Corey Lynch and Rex Burkhead, both depth role players. No real hits.

Cobi Hamilton was just miscast and underutilized.  In the right system, he could have been a perennial All-Pro.     Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cobi Hamilton was just miscast and underutilized.  In the right system, he could have been a perennial All-Pro.     Ninja

Well, there are a few guys who did a little something for other teams. 

Boom Herron had one of the all time great punt blocks for us--he blocked a punt with the punter's personal protector.  Not many guys can say that.  And, he did have a hundred yard rushing game against us.

And then there's Burkhead.

I'd like to see the list of 6th rounders for other teams.  I have a feeling it'd be pretty close to the same thing.  No Antonio Browns on our list though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 07:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Call the steelers and offer one of the 6th rounders for Antonio Brown...just to be a dick.  Oh, and leak it to Adam Schefter so it is made public.  

That is so petty and unprofessional.....

...I love it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 07:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Call the steelers and offer one of the 6th rounders for Antonio Brown...just to be a dick.  Oh, and leak it to Adam Schefter so it is made public.  

The sad part is, they'd likely accept that offer.  Then, the Bengals would be stuck paying the man.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote