Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
(01-20-2019, 09:05 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yes and it makes you wonder if it wasn’t intentional.  NFL has a good story line for the rerun of football to LA.  Think of all the ratings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, explains the Jets success all these years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Glad Sean Payton didn't make it. Hate that prick.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:28 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Glad Sean Payton didn't make it. Hate that prick.

Same here.  Not a fan of their fans, either.  They were pretty obnoxious at PBS when the Saints were kicking our heads in earlier this season.  Like to see those same fans tonight  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, explains the Jets success all these years.

Jets fan base is strong.

Edit: Lol I would bet that the Jets sold more Joe Namath Jerseys in 2018 than the Bengals sold Dalton Jerseys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was one play..  There were literally dozens of others that the Saints could have made, but yet they didn't.

It was the NFC Championship game, between two very evenly matched teams. A BLATANT missed call like that in the final minutes is HUGE. Absolutely inexcusable. If that happened to the Bengals in a big game like that people would be losing their minds.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was the NFC Championship game, between two very evenly matched teams. A BLATANT missed call like that in the final minutes is HUGE. Absolutely inexcusable. If that happened to the Bengals in a big game like that people would be losing their minds.

So, you never noticed all of the other missed calls?  Just the one that would have benefitted what you wanted to see?  

If you haven't been watching the NFL in the past couple decades, the league tends to "let them play" in the Conference Championship games and Superbowl.  

For example, if you go back to the first half of the game.  There is a play where there was a flag on Cooks for OPI that was waved off.  However, the replay clearly showed the DB (forget who) was holding his jersey, right off the line.  In mid-season, that's defensive holding 10/10 times.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was the NFC Championship game, between two very evenly matched teams. A BLATANT missed call like that in the final minutes is HUGE. Absolutely inexcusable. If that happened to the Bengals in a big game like that people would be losing their minds.

Officiating in the NFL is crap! At this level and for this game the best officials should be officiating. That missed call was an easy call to make and they had two calls on that play. A pass interference and helmet to helmet and the helmet to helmet calls have somehow went away for the playoffs. Go figure

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you never noticed all of the other missed calls?  Just the one that would have benefitted what you wanted to see?  

If you haven't been watching the NFL in the past couple decades, the league tends to "let them play" in the Conference Championship games and Superbowl.  

For example, if you go back to the first half of the game.  There is a play where there was a flag on Cooks for OPI that was waved off.  However, the replay clearly showed the DB (forget who) was holding his jersey, right off the line.  In mid-season, that's defensive holding 10/10 times.

What I wanted to see? I didn’t give a shit who won that game. But that was an embarrassing way to decide a conference championship. There’s “letting them play” and there’s what happened. It’s honestly one of the worst no calls in a big game I’ve ever seen. I guarantee the league is already scrambling to combat the PR backlash that’s going to come from it.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you never noticed all of the other missed calls?  Just the one that would have benefitted what you wanted to see?  

If you haven't been watching the NFL in the past couple decades, the league tends to "let them play" in the Conference Championship games

That’s crap! You don’t change the rules and you should be consistent and call the games the same through the whole season. So why do they “let them” play and not during the regular season? Is it for ratings? Or some other reason? Regardless this league needs to improve the officiating or it is going to loose credibility

Reply/Quote
Actually there was the blown call we all were discussing (it was BOTH PI and hitting a defenseless receiver so either way the game should have been over right there), and the Brees overtime INT also featured PI on the Rams (blocking the intended receiver out of the play).
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:43 PM)mon4078 Wrote: That was the most important play of the game and there was another big no call that cost the saints at least 3 pts the NFL should be ashamed.

Which is why I will be rooting for the AFC to route the Rams to the extent that viewers around the world turn the game off before the end of the first half.  A PR hit (and one to the wallet) like that will prevent something like that from happening again.
Reply/Quote

Come on man

The NFL needed  only 2 great crews today. Crew #1 should be kicked out of the NFL for the missed PI call at end of the game. If they were missing these key calls the entire game, even more reason to fire them.

This looks like the game was fixed, that was the most blatant PI I have ever seen and a defenseless receiver. Absurd

Yet, Bengals Burfict got called for hitting Brown, why Sunset if they are letting them play?

I call BS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually there was the blown call we all were discussing (it was BOTH PI and hitting a defenseless receiver so either way the game should have been over right there), and the Brees overtime INT also featured PI on the Rams (blocking the intended receiver out of the play).

Yep. Saints should be in the SB.

Oh well, NFL is a joke. News at 11.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rams to the Superbowl!

Yep, us impatient bastids will have to wait a bit more.

Saints did get screwed though on those no calls. Dude didn't even play the ball at all on the big play and there was a definate PI on the CB...

Still, in the end the Saints should of made the plays to win it, Whit deserves a ring.

Happy with this, just hoping the Chiefs can come back and beat the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Which is why I will be rooting for the AFC to route the Rams to the extent that viewers around the world turn the game off before the end of the first half.  A PR hit (and one to the wallet) like that will prevent something like that from happening again.

All NFL fans other than Rams fans and winner of AFC game should boycott the Super Bowl.

Don't watch it to show our disdain and their loss of advertising dollars in 2020
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What I wanted to see? I didn’t give a shit who won that game. But that was an embarrassing way to decide a conference championship. There’s “letting them play” and there’s what happened. It’s honestly one of the worst no calls in a big game I’ve ever seen. I guarantee the league is already scrambling to combat the PR backlash that’s going to come from it.

(01-20-2019, 09:56 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: That’s crap!  You don’t change the rules and you should be consistent and call the games the same through the whole season.  So why do they “let them” play and not during the regular season?  Is it for ratings?  Or some other reason?  Regardless this league needs to improve the officiating or it is going to loose credibility

(01-20-2019, 10:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on man

The NFL needed  only 2 great crews today. Crew #1 should be kicked out of the NFL for the missed PI call at end of the game. If they were missing these key calls the entire game, even more reason to fire them.

This looks like the game was fixed, that was the most blatant PI I have ever seen and a defenseless receiver. Absurd

Yet, Bengals Burfict got called for hitting Brown, why Sunset if they are letting them play?

I call BS

Evidently, none of you have been watching post season play much in the past, because the refs are always very loose on the calls in the Championship Games and Superbowl.  Y'all can whine and cry about it all that you like, but you're barking up the wrong tree by differing with me on it.  Your real complaint should be to the commissioner's office.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Saints probably got hosed (although the Rams also dealt with a no call which could've changed the game, seeing how close it was), but I'm happy our guy will be coming with SB experience. It puts some weight behind his name. Kinda sucks we get 2 more weeks of waiting, but oh well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There were plenty of no-calls throughout the game.  Goff got facemasked, commentators even replayed and talked about it.  

What I can't believe, is the new HC of the Bengals is going to coach in the Superbowl, and we have fans crying about it..

Didn't the Bengals get a young coach with a SB ring last time? Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, none of you have been watching post season play much in the past, because the refs are always very loose on the calls in the Championship Games and Superbowl.  Y'all can whine and cry about it all that you like, but you're barking up the wrong tree by differing with me on it.  Your real complaint should be to the commissioner's office.

Ok thanks for informing of this since it is not like I have been watching NFL football for over 45 years.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Which is why I will be rooting for the AFC to route the Rams to the extent that viewers around the world turn the game off before the end of the first half.  A PR hit (and one to the wallet) like that will prevent something like that from happening again.

SB parties. The game will never be turned off before the end. Oh, and commercials.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote