Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
(01-21-2019, 12:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I can dig it....but....

This.  Also, on the very next play after the phantom roughing, Gronkowski was mugged and it was not called, so it becomes a wash.  Also, the no call on Mahommes was the right call.  It was essentially the same as the bad call on Brady...the defender hit the shoulder pads, and the helmet was incidentally hit as a result.

I get it, there are lots of missed calls. I don’t have nearly the problem with the Chiefs pats game than I do the saints rams game. But the Saints got completely hosed and the NFL has said as much with their empty admittance and apology. As I said before, the league got exactly what they wanted. How else will they generate excitement in the apathetic, giant, potentially highly lucrative market that is LA? They know what they are doing.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I get it, there are lots of missed calls. I don’t have nearly the problem with the Chiefs pats game than I do the saints rams game. But the  Saints got completely hosed and the NFL has said as much with their empty admittance and  apology. As I said before, the league got exactly what they wanted. How else will they generate excitement in the apathetic, giant, potentially highly lucrative market that is LA? They know what they are doing.

Sure seems like it, doesn't it?  There is no excuse for that to happen in that situation in a conference championship game. None. There was poor officiating in both games, but I felt the Pats/Chefs tilt was called evenly and that none of the calls directly effected the outcome, the same can't be said in the Big Easy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:39 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: True. It was a horrible no-call and one that if it were called, the outcome PROBABLY would have changed. 

That said, you don't win or lose a game on ONE play. The Saints defense should have stopped the Rams after that. They didn't. 

In the course of a game that is true. But at the end of the game - like Hill's fumble or the Hawks passing instead of running in the SB, it can be just one play. If the right call was made here, very likely game over and Saints win. After the bad no-call, the Saints had just as much opportunity to win, that is for sure. Much like after the Hill fumble, the Bengals D still had the opportunity to stop the Steelers. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Sure seems like it, doesn't it?  There is no excuse for that to happen in that situation in a conference championship game. None. There was poor officiating in both games, but I felt the Pats/Chefs tilt was called evenly and that none of the calls directly effected the outcome, the same can't be said in the Big Easy.

Yes, if that call is made which it should of been the Saints run out the clock and are in the Superbowl.

The refs that blew that should be criticized big time.

And i have no bias either way for either team. As a matter of fact i might of been rooting more for the Rams for Whit.

But i didn't want to wait so long for our new HC to be announced, oh well.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, if that call is made which it should of been the Saints run out the clock and are in the Superbowl.

The refs that blew that should be criticized big time.

And i have no bias either way for either team. As a matter of fact i might of been rooting more for the Rams for Whit.

But i didn't want to wait so long for our new HC to be announced, oh well.

I think the refs missed some calls against the Saints during the Cowboy game as well so it could have been Karma.  I am just happy the potential future coach for Bengals gets a shot in the Super Bowl.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the refs missed some calls against the Saints during the Cowboy game as well so it could have been Karma.  I am just happy the potential future coach for Bengals gets a shot in the Super Bowl.

Yeah, sometimes what comes around goes around.

Rooting for the Rams all the way in the Supe. Get that ring for Taylor and Whit.

Was nice seeing Whit after the win, good man, too bad he couldn't get that shot here.
Reply/Quote
Apparently we can bring him in for another interview this week to hopefully finalize his staff.. and start making those hires for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apparently we can bring him in for another interview this week to hopefully finalize his staff.. and start making those hires for him.

YES
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Didn't the Bengals get a young coach with a SB ring last time? Ninja

Glad someone else said it. 

I do hope for the best, though. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure seems like it, doesn't it?  There is no excuse for that to happen in that situation in a conference championship game. None. There was poor officiating in both games, but I felt the Pats/Chefs tilt was called evenly and that none of the calls directly effected the outcome, the same can't be said in the Big Easy.

NFL..wink wink
sorry we blew that call

should have been - As a result of the worst call in history the entire crew was fired immediately and will never ref another NFL game..ever
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, sometimes what comes around goes around.

Rooting for the Rams all the way in the Supe. Get that ring for Taylor and Whit.

Was nice seeing Whit after the win, good man, too bad he couldn't get that shot here.

Not me, I rooting for NE to get that 6th SB win and knock the Stoolers fans down a bit, and for Rex Burkhead to get his ring. Taylor can get his ring as a HC here.....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not me, I rooting for NE to get that 6th SB win and knock the Stoolers fans down a bit, and for Rex Burkhead to get his ring. Taylor can get his ring as a HC here.....

That reminds me of someone getting bullied on the playground for years, and hoping the other big kid takes the bully out.

I just wish we'd finally start fighting back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 02:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That reminds me of someone getting bullied on the playground for years, and hoping the other big kid takes the bully out.

The worm is about to turn.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: The worm is about to turn.  

Oh my I hope so. I'm so sick of coming out with our tails tucked between our legs against them waiting on the implosion it's not even funny !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not me, I rooting for NE to get that 6th SB win and knock the Stoolers fans down a bit, and for Rex Burkhead to get his ring. Taylor can get his ring as a HC here.....

Nothing wrong with watching Brady Make more history...

We are watching one of the greatest who will ever step foot on the field.

I root for NE to win every time in hopes brady will become statisfied with his # of rings and retire lol
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: The worm is about to turn.  

Careful, the last time we thought we had someone who would fight back, the Steelers whined and the league targeted Burfict.  If the Bengals start beating the Steelers consistently, St. Roger will have Taylor banned for life.
Reply/Quote
NBC Sports is saying that Bill Callahan is a no-go.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 02:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That reminds me of someone getting bullied on the playground for years, and hoping the other big kid takes the bully out.

Well, there's nothing wrong with everyone taking the bully out, and I want our team to dominate them. But, in the mean time, since it will take us a while to get to 6 rings, nothing wrong with watching NE or Dallas surpass them....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 06:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: NBC Sports is saying that Bill Callahan is a no-go.

Was it just a tweet, or an article?

On a side note, this is really getting hilarious.  Cincinnati Enquirer has a story sharing insight into "Bengals new OC, Brian Callahan", yet if you look on bengals.com, it's like no mention of anything at all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/bill-callahan-should-return-offensive-line-coach-answering-one-major-question-about
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote