Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
(01-30-2019, 11:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....hey man, I was only around for 2 of the SBs Pitt had, and was 2 and 3 years old.  I'm not THAT old. LMAO   However, my brother is a life long Raiders fan, and is 10 years older than me.  He remembers them well.  I've read up on the old rivalries, and LOVED watching those old NFL films with John Facenda narrating.  I read the archived article on how the Raiders/Steelers went to court over Noll calling them "the criminal element of professional football".  What a Mary. Really Chuck?  Like you, that's the main reason I loathe them so much.....much moreso than the rivalry between us and them.  I mean, the Raiders and 80s/90s Oilers embraced the bad boy role, the Stoolers on the other hand, try to act like they're choir boys and cry foul when someone returns the favor.  Hard nosed football my butt.

Amen brother.  I've always had a low tolerance for whining, and that team has it mastered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's some Sam Wyche-Jerry Glanville hate right there.  The Bengals were up 60-something to 14 after scoring a late TD on the Oilers, Sam calls for the onside kick, the Bengals recover and call a timeout with a few seconds left to kick the FG and run it up even more.

I would love to know what the issue was between those two.

It's been some time ago now but IIRC a lot of it was Jerry running his mouth. He was the Connor McGregor of HC's back then and talked smack about everybody, especially his division rivals. He pretty much pissed the entire NFL off with his arrogance.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe this is a little selfish of me, but I'd really like to see the Bengals hang 40+ on the Steelers, and be trying for more as the game winds down.  Cool

Oh yes ! I'd love to see a 55-6 taking them out behind the woodshed good ole @ZZ whoopin
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's been some time ago now but IIRC a lot of it was Jerry running his mouth. He was the Connor McGregor of HC's back then and talked smack about everybody, especially his division rivals. He pretty much pissed the entire NFL off with his arrogance.

Pretty much, but some of the smack he said made you giggle, especially when he aimed it other teams...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 02:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty much, but some of the smack he said made you giggle, especially when he aimed it other teams...

"Hit the beach!" LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote