Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting some love from PFT...believe it or not
Their season predictions for the Bengals:

Josh Alper - 5th seed, beat Texans in WC, lose to Steelers in divisional round
Curtis Crabtree - 3rd seed, beat Raiders and Chiefs, lose to Pats in AFC Championship
Mike Florio - 5th seed, lose to Texans in WC yet again
Darin Gantt - 1st seed, beat Steelers and Pats, lose to Packers in Super Bowl
Zac Jackson - 5th seed, beat Titans in WC, lose to Steelers in divisional round
Michael David Smith - 1st seed, beat Steelers and Pats, lose to Seahawks in Super Bowl

So out of 6 writers...

5 feel the Bengals will win at least one playoff game (only Florio predicted less)
2 predicted we get 1st seed and get to the Super Bowl
2 predicted we'd beat the Steelers in the playoffs
2 predicted we'd end our season against the Steelers again

I think I'd be at least somewhat happy with any of these scenarios other than Florio's (ugh).

Just figured all those on here who say we're disrespected by the media would enjoy seeing this. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I was definitely surprised by the predictions (although not Florio's).
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Their season predictions for the Bengals:

Curtis Crabtree - 3rd seed, beat Raiders and Chiefs, lose to Pats in AFC Championship
Michael David Smith - 1st seed, beat Steelers and Pats, lose to Seahawks in Super Bowl

So out of 6 writers...

5 feel the Bengals will win at least one playoff game (only Florio predicted less)

I think I'd be at least somewhat happy with any of these scenarios other than Florio's (ugh).

Just figured all those on here who say we're disrespected by the media would enjoy seeing this.  ThumbsUp

I wouldn't be happy with #1 or #5 either.

All the joy of ending the longest playoff win drought would instantly be demolished the next week.

Like being given an ice cream cone, and then promptly being kicked in the groin right after your first lick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll believe the hype of the Steelers if they can actually keep their key players healthy by the end of the season. They always have a couple key injuries that really derail their season. It's about as guaranteed as some people think the Bengals are guaranteed to collapse mentally in the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't be happy with #1 or #5 either.

All the joy of ending the longest playoff win drought would instantly be demolished the next week.

Like being given an ice cream cone, and then promptly being kicked in the groin right after your first lick.

True, losing to the Steelers would be a tough pill to swallow, but I'll take the first playoff W of my entire life as a Bengals fan. I already know what it feels like to lose to the Steelers in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion (twice). I have no idea how exciting it'd be to finally see that giant Harambe-sized gorilla lifted off the backs of the franchise and city. I imagine I'd feel something like I did when Burfict made that INT to "seal" the game.

I get what you're saying though. Losing to the Steelers immediately afterwards would definitely take some joy out of it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll believe the hype of the Steelers if they can actually keep their key players healthy by the end of the season. They always have a couple key injuries that really derail their season. It's about as guaranteed as some people think the Bengals are guaranteed to collapse mentally in the playoffs.

Fwiw, only 2 of these writers had the Steelers in the Super Bowl (same as Bengals) and Florio actually had the Steelers missing the playoffs entirely. The overall hype the Steelers have been getting from the media in general is a little over the top though. You'd think they had the '99 Rams offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, losing to the Steelers would be a tough pill to swallow, but I'll take the first playoff W of my entire life as a Bengals fan. I already know what it feels like to lose to the Steelers in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion (twice). I have no idea how exciting it'd be to finally see that giant Harambe-sized gorilla lifted off the backs of the franchise and city. I imagine I'd feel something like I did when Burfict made that INT to "seal" the game.

I get what you're saying though. Losing to the Steelers immediately afterwards would definitely take some joy out of it.

I for one will NEVER EVER BE ANY WHERE CLOSE TO BEING HAPPY UNTIL WE HOLD UP THE SUPER-BOWL TROPHY.

AND THIS YEAR AND EVERY YEAR HEREAFTER I SO WANT TO JUST HAMMER THE STINKIN STOOLERS EVERY GAME.I SO HATE THEM AND ALWAYS ALWAYS WILL.I AM THE FORCE AGAINST EVIL AND THEY ARE EVIL.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:59 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I for one will NEVER EVER BE ANY WHERE CLOSE TO BEING HAPPY UNTIL WE HOLD UP THE SUPER-BOWL TROPHY.

AND THIS YEAR AND EVERY YEAR HEREAFTER I SO WANT TO JUST HAMMER THE STINKIN STOOLERS EVERY GAME.I SO HATE THEM AND ALWAYS ALWAYS WILL.I AM THE FORCE AGAINST EVIL AND THEY ARE EVIL.

Lets not get that started in here.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 05:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lets not get that started in here.

[Image: will-i-am-admits-stealing-song.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Darin Gantt - 1st seed, beat Steelers and Pats, lose to Packers in Super Bowl

The only thing that could be better than this would be the same playoff victories and beating SF in the SB.
Reply/Quote
I found it tough to believe that Zac Jackson has the Titans going to the playoffs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, only 2 of these writers had the Steelers in the Super Bowl (same as Bengals) and Florio actually had the Steelers missing the playoffs entirely. The overall hype the Steelers have been getting from the media in general is a little over the top though. You'd think they had the '99 Rams offense.

I just don't get all the Steeler love ?? Is the fix in and we just don't know it ??

I don't think they're a crappy team or nothing, it's just that I don't think they're all that either.

As to the love we were shown, kinda surprising.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 07:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just don't get all the Steeler love ?? Is the fix in and we just don't know it ??

I don't think they're a crappy team or nothing, it's just that I don't think they're all that either.

I think it's because they played the Broncos close last year and they were without Bell and Brown. Roethlisberger was also limited. Their offense is lights out at even 90% health. They have a defense that is just good enough to make a play here and there. Plus, they will get plenty of "gifts" from the refs through Rooney.

If Roethlisberger goes down, they are done. If they have him, Bell and Brown at 100% in December, watch out.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't be happy with #1 or #5 either.

But that first lick would be awfully satisfying.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Their season predictions for the Bengals:

So out of 6 writers...

Just figured all those on here who say we're disrespected by the media would enjoy seeing this.  ThumbsUp

That is a lot more love than i thought we would be getting no doubt.

Florio's prediction doesn't surprise me. I figured more would say the same but i am with the
other writers and think we get the Playoff losing monkey off our backs. Would love to play
the Packers in the SB baby...

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I found it tough to believe that Zac Jackson has the Titans going to the playoffs.

Anyone can win that division if things fall into place.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyone can win that division if things fall into place.  

QFT. That division is a dumpster fire. 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: QFT. That division is a dumpster fire. 

Only difference between the Afcs and the Nfcw since 2012 is the coaches aren't as proven. There's some serious talent brewing.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:09 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Only difference between the Afcs and the Nfcw since 2012 is the coaches aren't as proven. There's some serious talent brewing.

The Jags are certainly on the upswing, and if Brock is halfway decent the Texans could be good, but the Seahawks and Cardinals are  really good right now. NFCW is a much better division. 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 07:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just don't get all the Steeler love ?? Is the fix in and we just don't know it ??

Steelers are always going to be treated different whether it be preseason, regular season or beyond.  Anytime they enter a new campaign with even a slight glimmer that points to an upswing  the pundits that be can't wait to start the love-fest and crown them almost instantly.  Just the way it is, and probably, the way it will always be.

As far as the Bengals go... PFT, ESPN, etc...  let's just take care of business.  We have the weapons with most of those right in the prime of their careers.  The young guys, while lacking in experience, are big on talent.   

A strong running game to buffer a passing attack that will utilize a lot of inexperience at the wide-outs coupled with a tremendously strong and stout defense (primarily through the interior) point to a season where we can, for once, prove such prognosticators right.
Reply/Quote