Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals giving up second fewest points so far
Many might be surprised to find out that the Bengals have given up the second fewest points per game so far this season. Further, if they give up 11 points or fewer tonight against Houston they can move to the #1 spot. Our friend Zimmer has the top spot currently. Surprised?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2015&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

I know the team gives up some runs and we see them out of position at times in the secondary, but overall the defense is very stingy about giving up points. Hoping it continues tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It improved a lot when we gave up 10 to Pittsburgh and 10 to Cleveland in consecutive games.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: It improved a lot when we gave up 10 to Pittsburgh and 10 to Cleveland in consecutive games.

Those two games were also coincident with Burfict's return.

Reply/Quote
Points is where it matters most. Rock On
Reply/Quote
we do have a lot of bend in that D but we seldomn break
Reply/Quote
Points are more important than yards, but that does not mean it is okay to give up a bunch of yards. Eventually those yards turn into points.

Our defense looks good, but we still have plenty of room to improve. Mainly in tackling and run defense.

So far we have only played 3 top ten scoring offenses, and none of them were that great...#6 Buff, #9 Oak, #10 KC. But the good news is that right now only 1 of our remaining 8 games will be against a team in the top 12 in scoring offense (#2 Ariz). If we can stay healthy we should finish in the top 10 in yards and even higher in points allowed.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Many might be surprised to find out that the Bengals have given up the second fewest points per game so far this season. Further, if they give up 11 points or fewer tonight against Houston they can move to the #1 spot. Our friend Zimmer has the top spot currently. Surprised?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2015&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

I know the team gives up some runs and we see them out of position at times in the secondary, but overall the defense is very stingy about giving up points. Hoping it continues tonight.

Minnesota is sneaking into a possible Super bowl contender.  Zim has got them playing good football. 

It would be very interesting if we ended up in a Super Bowl against Zim.
Reply/Quote
Only defensive stat that actually matters, seen last week they had made into the top 5 didn't know they had made it to 2 . Rock On
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
I'm not trying to take anything away from the D holding teams to little points. I would like it if the gave up less yards too. I understand that less points is more important than less yard, but if you allow a team to get into a rhythm, those yards can equal points.

I guess the bend but don't break just makes me a little nervous.
Reply/Quote
it would just be nice to see some more INT's or forced fumbles.... Are we the only team without a defensive score?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it would just be nice to see some more INT's or forced fumbles....    Are we the only team without a defensive score?

Yeah, sooner or later we will start scoring on Defense.

Imagine how many points we can start putting up when this happens...

Don't know if we are the only team without a Defensive score. I am sure there are others.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it would just be nice to see some more INT's or forced fumbles....    Are we the only team without a defensive score?

I can answer this. Wink

Oops: I missed the INTs and fixed this below.

11 teams have FF returned for TDs. They are Seahawks (3), Falcons (2), Giants (2), Bucs (2), Ravens (1), Bills (1), Broncos (1), Lions (1), Jags (1), Chiefs (1) and Rams (1). At least that is how I read the stat grid when I sorted it.

11 teams do not have an INT returned for a TD: Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, Patriots, Saints, Jets, Raiders, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams and Bucs.

The following 8 teams do not have a returned defensive TD: Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, Patriots, Saints, Jets, Raiders, and 49ers

The Bengals offense has given away two TDs and these count against the Bengals points allowed even though our defense didn't give them up.

More INTs and FF would be nice to see.

Reply/Quote
I remember the fumble vs seattle

can someone job my memory on the other...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I remember the fumble vs seattle

can someone job my memory on the other...

Ravens.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote