Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals go from 1st place schedule to last place schedule?
(02-19-2024, 12:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: he had AJ Brown but yeah. Built up a great defense, team played hard for him, established an identity with the run game, and had Tannehill playing like a pro bowler. He's going straight to pittsburgh after next season. The fact that no team has picked him up as a HC is criminal. I dont want a Vrabel led steelers team at all

I thought for sure was was the pats next head coach. Guess I was wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He was up there with Julio jones as the best receiver in the nfl from 2014-2016. OBJ was legitimately one of the best receivers I had ever seen. Go watch some highlights from 14-16, you might think you are watching Chase out there.

At the time, his 95.9 yards per game over his first 3 years was the best in NFL history.

His “one spectacular catch” was ridiculous, but you are seriously discrediting how talented he was pre injuries.

To put this in perspective:
OBJ first 3 seasons (43 games)- 288, 4122, 35
Jamar first 3 seasons (45 games) - 268, 3717, 29

It really stinks OBJ had injuries, he was setting up to have an all time career.

Fair enough!

Sounds like I misremembered a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 01:10 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I thought for sure was was the pats next head coach. Guess I was wrong.

He had 3 interviews. He was probably a backup choice at the Chargers in case they couldn’t snag Harbaugh. He also interviewed with Carolina and Atlanta.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I thought that Vrabel was going to replace Ryan Day this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 11:19 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fair enough!

Sounds like I misremembered a bit.

To be fair to you, it is very easy to forget. The end of that time frame, 2016, was eight years ago. OBJ has struggled with injuries ever since then.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 07:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Will it make a difference in 2024/2025?

Our division is tough, we have to fix going 1-5 in the AFCN regardless, but we lose three 2023 first place AFC teams and gain three 2023 last place teams.

Could schedule and a healthy Burrow possibly propel us to #1 seed in AFC?

Can we go from last to 1st in AFCN again?

I think so, the Division won't be as good this year either. This is the year if Burrow can stay healthy to win the entire thing. Just need to get
more physical in the trenches and at RB. Have a good FA and Draft and we should be right where we want to be as long as we stay somewhat
healthy, especially Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so, the Division won't be as good this year either. This is the year if Burrow can stay healthy to win the entire thing. Just need to get
more physical in the trenches and at RB. Have a good FA and Draft and we should be right where we want to be as long as we stay somewhat
healthy, especially Burrow.

I am not sure about the North regressing, as long as Ravens have a healthy Jackson and Harbaugh plus they tend to reload well in draft (they are losing some FA's for sure) they will be tough. I think Browns will still be tough at defense and they have our number for sure, i actually think the Steelers will improve they won;t be losing much in FA..
As for as teams and division, though just going by this year clearly a easier schedule as we replace Bills with Patriots , Minnesota with Carolina, and in a way Jacksonville with Tenn . NFC West with NFC East, probably a wash AFC South with AFC West,
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 07:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Will it make a difference in 2024/2025?

Our division is tough, we have to fix going 1-5 in the AFCN regardless, but we lose three 2023 first place AFC teams and gain three 2023 last place teams.

Could schedule and a healthy Burrow possibly propel us to #1 seed in AFC?

Can we go from last to 1st in AFCN again?

it only really changes 2-3 games.... But that can make a difference in seeding
Reply/Quote
The AFC North seems loaded with talent. I imagine the teams that avoid significant injuries experience the most success.
Reply/Quote