Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals got away with one.
I wasn't in the Game Day thread, so if anyone already mentioned this, then I apologize...

On the final Raiders fumble forced by Hendrickson late (around 1:30) in the 4th...
Hendrickson lined up offisdes.

[Image: d12bPDc.jpg]

I doubt it would have affected the outcome, but I'll gladly take the "no call!"
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:36 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I wasn't in the Game Day thread, so if anyone already mentioned this, then I apologize...

On the final Raiders fumble forced by Hendrickson late (around 1:30) in the 4th...
Hendrickson lined up offisdes.

[Image: d12bPDc.jpg]

I doubt it would have affected the outcome, but I'll gladly take the "no call!"

Looks close, but I don't see him anymore offsides than the LV receiver.

You do realize those lines on the field are just made uo..don't you
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought this was going to be about Apple possibly dropping the pick without possession.

Carry on...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks close, but I don't see him anymore offsides than the LV receiver.

You do realize those lines on the field are just made uo..don't you

Of course I do... forget the line... just look at his position relative to the ball - he's definitely in the neutral zone.
But yea, the LV receiver is pretty close, too. There is definitely no "neutral zone" there.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:55 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Of course I do... forget the line... just look at his position relative to the ball - he's definitely in the neutral zone.
But yea, the LV receiver is pretty close, too.

By "pretty close" do you mean the exact same amount over the line? Therefore making this thread entirely irrelevant. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:51 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I thought this was going to be about Apple possibly dropping the pick without possession.

Carry on...

Right... I figured that one would of at least been reviewed. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Everybody crosses the line in Vegas at times.

Yet you know the routine, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Jeez Louise, thought that was one of the most sacred rules around.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don’t know what you’re talking about
Reply/Quote
Historically, the refs have never favored the raiders
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:55 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Of course I do... forget the line... just look at his position relative to the ball - he's definitely in the neutral zone.
But yea, the LV receiver is pretty close, too.  There is definitely no "neutral zone" there.

Can't go by the ball. Center moved the ball up.
Reply/Quote
He's not even offsides..... Weird thing to try and point out..
Reply/Quote
I have no problem admitting he looks offsides there.

The same people here getting pissy that a fan noticed he was offside, are the same ones to whine when an opposing player does the same thing.

Yes, he’s offsides. Yes, cincy won.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I have no problem admitting he looks offsides there.

The same people here getting pissy that a fan noticed he was offside, are the same ones to whine of an opposing player did the same thing.

Yes, he’s offsides. Yes, cincy won.

It's too close to call.
 LOOKS like his hand is a little before the ball to me...
Reply/Quote
His helmet should be aligned with the other 3 down lineman. He is technically in the neutral zone, but hey whatever, I'm glad it wasn't called.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:47 AM)Tomkat Wrote: His helmet should be aligned with the other 3 down lineman.  He is technically in the neutral zone, but hey whatever, I'm glad it wasn't called.

Is it any part of the body that's over the line? I was just looking at the hand. Makes sense now that I look where his head is..
Reply/Quote
The line judge up top is staring right at it too..... Maybe it was just to close to call, cuz he's all over it..
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:47 AM)Tomkat Wrote: His helmet should be aligned with the other 3 down lineman.  He is technically in the neutral zone, but hey whatever, I'm glad it wasn't called.

You are 100% correct, he is offsides. 

I mean, you can look at where the other 3 DL are lined up and clearly see the one that is much further ahead of the others.

Kind of kills the board narrative of games being fixed and the Bengals are being plotted against.

I think what it really shows is that officials miss things and it happens in most games, the only times fans are upset or remember is when that call goes against their team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Agree that he was in neutral zone

but as it was already pointed out he was no more, in fact looks to be less offside than the Vegas WR whose foot is clearly over the line.

Just not sure this could've been clearly called against the Bengals. Plus maybe the refs had blurred vision from playing slots all night and missed them both invading the neutral zone.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are 100% correct, he is offsides. 

I mean, you can look at where the other 3 DL are lined up and clearly see the one that is much further ahead of the others.

Kind of kills the board narrative of games being fixed and the Bengals are being plotted against.

I think what it really shows is that officials miss things and it happens in most games, the only times fans are upset or remember is when that call goes against their team.

I'm also just really, really glad that this "non-call" had no affect on the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:01 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm also just really, really glad that this "non-call" had no affect on the outcome.

Very true, was pretty much irrelevant at that point other then what the final score was going to be.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote