Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals got away with one.
(11-22-2021, 12:51 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I thought this was going to be about Apple possibly dropping the pick without possession.

Carry on...

I wondered about that one myself ? I was surprised Raiders HC didn't throw red flag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wondered about that one myself ? I was surprised Raiders HC didn't throw red flag.

Thankful for Eli that it did not happen or the pitch fork and torch carrying mob that are chasing after him would have went berserk while hastening  their pursuit. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:36 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I wasn't in the Game Day thread, so if anyone already mentioned this, then I apologize...

On the final Raiders fumble forced by Hendrickson late (around 1:30) in the 4th...
Hendrickson lined up offisdes.

[Image: d12bPDc.jpg]

I doubt it would have affected the outcome, but I'll gladly take the "no call!"

This camera angle is not straight down the line, the camera appears to be on the other side of the 20, so it's skewed. The line judge is looking right down the line.  He certainly is pushing the limit though. Too close to call.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:09 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Right... I figured that one would of at least been reviewed. 

It was.  All turnovers are reviewed.  He had the INT, but then DID fumble it, as the ground CAN cause a fumble if you aren't touched.  Exception:  call it the "Dalton-Chargers Playoff rule".  If a QB dives with the ball and isn't touched, it is no longer a fumble if the ground causes the ball to come out".  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are 100% correct, he is offsides. 

I mean, you can look at where the other 3 DL are lined up and clearly see the one that is much further ahead of the others.

Kind of kills the board narrative of games being fixed
and the Bengals are being plotted against.

I think what it really shows is that officials miss things and it happens in most games, the only times fans are upset or remember is when that call goes against their team.

If it did, the phone call to the Bears defense that they needed to lay down at the end of the game and let that rookie Ravens QB torch them after they had been playing tough all game would bring it back to life. That was strange.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:15 AM)Mobster Wrote: Can't go by the ball. Center moved the ball up.

Guarantee the side judge is looking down the line in relation to the ball.  I've seen many plays where it looked like someone was offsides but it didn't get called.  The angles can be deceiving and I'll bet if it's really close they are instructed to let it go, otherwise it'd get called all the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks close, but I don't see him anymore offsides than the LV receiver.

You do realize those lines on the field are just made uo..don't you

Good point about the Raiders receiver. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Apple got a strong 3 feet down before he hit the ground and loss the ball so that pick in my book was legit. You did have to wonder at first, but replay showed he had possession.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: Apple got a strong 3 feet down before he hit the ground and loss the ball so that pick in my book was legit. You did have to wonder at first, but replay showed he had possession.

Would have been a pick six if that stupid turf wasn’t so terrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that he was in neutral zone

but as it was already pointed out he was no more, in fact looks to be less offside than the Vegas WR whose foot is clearly over the line.

Just not sure this could've been clearly called against the Bengals. Plus maybe the refs had blurred vision from playing slots all night and missed them both invading the neutral zone.

Bengals successfully paid off Refs this time.  Tongue 

[Image: ept_sports_nfl_experts-487886115-1257712868.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If it did, the phone call to the Bears defense that they needed to lay down at the end of the game and let that rookie Ravens QB torch them after they had been playing tough all game would bring it back to life. That was strange.

I think it just shows how terrible Matt Nagy is as a coach. 

I know Taylor is disliked and for good reason but it could be worse.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Bengals successfully paid off Refs this time.  Tongue 

[Image: ept_sports_nfl_experts-487886115-1257712868.jpg]

A dollar?! No wonder the refs always shaft the Bengals. They cost a lot more than a dollar. How insulting!!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I did ask that in the GD thread when the play happened. I only saw it live so I did not know for sure but I knew he was very close.
Oh well, I don’t think it was the difference in the game.
Reply/Quote
In other news, Hendrickson better be careful as the season goes on knowing he likes to yap it up…. A lions player got flagged for talking smack about Clowneys mother……

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/11/21/jonah-jackson-insults-jadeveon-clowney-mom-detroit-lions-penalty/8715418002/?fbclid=IwAR2Zv9UgaHK3ehZzmUEVrjwaiM57_pZTW4rg_iQw9UYIuyT61Gy1Lz7JqkY

This league is such a joke.
Reply/Quote