Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals got you down? Root on the Dodgers with me!
(10-24-2017, 12:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: SO this.

I hated the move, personally.

Ehhh... I hated having uneven leagues/divisions more.

NL Central being 6 teams and the AL West being 4 teams was damn goofy. The AL was 14 teams and the NL being 16 teams, but they both got to send the same amount of teams to the playoffs. So an AL team had a better chance to make the playoffs than an NL team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh... I hated having uneven leagues/divisions more.

NL Central being 6 teams and the AL West being 4 teams was damn goofy. The AL was 14 teams and the NL being 16 teams, but they both got to send the same amount of teams to the playoffs. So an AL team had a better chance to make the playoffs than an NL team.

And that's avery good pouint too...

I just liked the continuity of the past 20 years, I guess... Or, move the Brewers back, since they're an AL original anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I forgot to add in my last post: baseball sucks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I forgot to add in my last post: baseball sucks.

Ghostbusters sucks.

Come at me Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ghostbusters sucks.

Come at me Mellow

[Image: 962bcfb2b7d3aac52434ffde90e5f81f661bc1e8...093e7b.jpg]

[Image: 2725739-24481055.jpg]

[Image: resized_philosoraptor-meme-generator-yea...e78869.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And that's avery good pouint too...

I just liked the continuity of the past 20 years, I guess... Or, move the Brewers back, since they're an AL original anyways.

Yeah, you could swap Astros and Brewers if it makes you happy to put it back to how it was, I just want equal numbered leagues/divisions.

(10-24-2017, 02:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I forgot to add in my last post: baseball sucks.

(10-24-2017, 03:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ghostbusters sucks.

Come at me Mellow

Phil, you're going to have an entire generation who will think of this when they hear "Ghostbusters":

[Image: empiregbcover.jpg]

No insult would break your heart/soul quite like the realization of that and that this entire upcoming generation will go "Bill who?" when you try to explain that there was an original one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s all part of my conspiracy theory. After 9/11, who won the Super Bowl? That’s right, the Patriots. After Hurricane Katrina, who won the Super Bowl? That’s right, the Saint. This years Hurricane disaster will lead to a Houston World Series title. Looks like the secret to win anything anymore is to have a catastrophic disaster happen in or near your city. I guarantee with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas, they got the next Super Bowl.
So until something happens in Cincy, expect more of the same depressing seasons.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:04 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: It’s all part of my conspiracy theory.  After 9/11, who won the Super Bowl? That’s right, the Patriots.  After Hurricane Katrina, who won the Super Bowl?  That’s right, the Saint.  This years Hurricane disaster will lead to a Houston World Series title.  Looks like the secret to win anything anymore is to have a catastrophic disaster happen in or near your city.  I guarantee with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas, they got the next Super Bowl.
So until something happens in Cincy, expect more of the same depressing seasons.

Can we declare the football team a natural disaster?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Phil, you're going to have an entire generation who will think of this when they hear "Ghostbusters":

No insult would break your heart/soul quite like the realization of that and that this entire upcoming generation will go "Bill who?" when you try to explain that there was an original one.

The first one is one of the great American comedy films of all-time and I love it to pieces; I watched it in theatre last year in Calgary and it was SUCH a treat (they showed the Road Warrior later that night and it was an even better treat!), especially since I haven't seen it in over 10 years.

So much hilarity, so many great lines, Harold Ramis is a God, not Dan Akroyd... Well, him too. 4 guys were dressed up as the 4 'busters too, with packs and all, it was AWESOME!

When I heard of the chick one from last year coming out, my heart sank. So angry lol. And I thought of Phil right away!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 02:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The first one is one of the great American comedy films of all-time and I love it to pieces; I watched it in theatre last year in Calgary and it was SUCH a treat (they showed the Road Warrior later that night and it was an even better treat!), especially since I haven't seen it in over 10 years.

So much hilarity, so many great lines, Harold Ramis is a God, not Dan Akroyd... Well, him too. 4 guys were dressed up as the 4 'busters too, with packs and all, it was AWESOME!

When I heard of the chick one from last year coming out, my heart sank. So angry lol. And I thought of Phil right away!

So much jealousy here....... Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You're on a Bengals forum, which means you're likely to have a lot of Reds fans in here.

It's been a while, but through the 70s and 80s, the Dodgers and Reds were one of the biggest rivalries in baseball....maybe even one of the biggest sports rivalries. I'm a little too young to remember it, but my dad talks about it from time to time, and makes sure that we catch games when the Dodgers come to town.

I guess the rivalry was kind of axed when the Reds moved out of the NL West, and into the NL Central, but I don't know that you'll find many old school baseball fans that don't remember it well.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I hate the Dodgers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt.

The only sports franchise i detest more than the Stoolers, is the Yankees.

Completely agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You're on a Bengals forum, which means you're likely to have a lot of Reds fans in here.

It's been a while, but through the 70s and 80s, the Dodgers and Reds were one of the biggest rivalries in baseball....maybe even one of the biggest sports rivalries.  I'm a little too young to remember it, but my dad talks about it from time to time, and makes sure that we catch games when the Dodgers come to town.

I guess the rivalry was kind of axed when the Reds moved out of the NL West, and into the NL Central, but I don't know that you'll find many old school baseball fans that don't remember it well.

I do...and my first game was in 1985 at Riverfront, against Fernando and the Dodgers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, you could swap Astros and Brewers if it makes you happy to put it back to how it was, I just want equal numbered leagues/divisions.

Phil, you're going to have an entire generation who will think of this when they hear "Ghostbusters":

[Image: pNh19Ci.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You're on a Bengals forum, which means you're likely to have a lot of Reds fans in here.

It's been a while, but through the 70s and 80s, the Dodgers and Reds were one of the biggest rivalries in baseball....maybe even one of the biggest sports rivalries.  I'm a little too young to remember it, but my dad talks about it from time to time, and makes sure that we catch games when the Dodgers come to town.

True that.  May family are all Reds fans, so being a Dodger fan growing up was an easy choice.  Used to piss'em off real good  Cool
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 07:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: True that.  May family are all Reds fans, so being a Dodger fan growing up was an easy choice.  Used to piss'em off real good  Cool

Haha - I liked to be different like that too.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Houston. All day.

**** the Dodgers.

(10-23-2017, 01:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: This......sorry PISTONS..... LMAO

X3

I grew up in southern Ohio a Big Red Machine fan. Our biggest rival was the Dodgers, besides I basically hate all big city teams.

Get that crap outta here  :paul:
Reply/Quote
Torn

Want Houston to win.

But really enjoy watching Kershaw

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Forgot to add that being a Bengals/Reds fan for me is a

FAMILY TRADITION !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote