Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have 2 QBs and need to add a 3rd to practice squad
If Bengals move McCarron off practice squad to have Browning and McCarron suited up for Steelers, they have to bring in a 3rd QB. This is just a simple fact. If Browning or McCarron get injured, which is possible in NFL tackle football, they will need somebody on practice squad to activate. I'll be interest to see who they bring in.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wish we would have went after the great Mike White when we had the chance. Or tried to get Cooper Rush. Curious if we reached out to Brady. That would be pretty cool. Pipe dream though. Hell try to convince Rivers or Ryan. Wish we still had Grier on the PS. Damn you Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Welcome back Trevor Semien
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
According to Olivia Ray of WLWT Drew Plitt is being added to the PS pending physical

<

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Drew Plitt?

These are not serious people.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 04:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wish we would have went after the great Mike White when we had the chance. Or tried to get Cooper Rush. Curious if we reached out to Brady. That would be pretty cool. Pipe dream though. Hell try to convince Rivers or Ryan. Wish we still had Grier on the PS. Damn you Patriots.

I think the rumors were they actually did, and he chose to go back to Dallas. Likely due to money because he got 2yr/$5m with a $1.25m signing bonus and $2.75m guaranteed at signing while the Bengals later signed Trevor Siemian at 1yr/$1.3m with a $152k signing bonus.

Bailey Zappe on the other hand was on the waiver wire in the final cuts and they could have just claimed him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:21 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Drew Plitt?

You don't like the idea of a QB who had 3 TDs/5 INTs and a 71.6 QB Rating in the XFL? Why not?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You don't like the idea of a QB who had 3 TDs/5 INTs and a 71.6 QB Rating in the XFL? Why not?   Ninja

He played very well in the XFL, his team let him down numerous times.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He knows the playbook and the players. And of course the goal is for him to never actually play

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote: He knows the playbook and the players.  And of course the goal is for him to never actually play

Exactly, he will run the scout team, nothing esle.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote: According to Olivia Ray of WLWT Drew Plitt is being added to the PS pending physical

<

I'm gonna already call it..Both Browning and Mac get injured and Plitt comes in, wins us the superbowl against astonishing odds and Hollywood goes crazy making Drew Plitt movies for a generation. I have my sources..I made it up!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Might as well quit wasting the fans time and money if they aren't going to bring in a serious QB. At 5-5 with $12 million in cap, you owe it to the fans to put a good product on the field.
At least the Browns haven't given up on their season and are bringing in Flacco for a workout.

Maybe they'll get sued again for intentionally tanking for draft position and an easy schedule. I mean, I've got money on them to win the Super Bowl so don't I have a case? I would've never put money on them if I knew they were intentionally losing.

I really hate the whole tanking thing for both the players and the fans.
That's some Oakland A's crap right there.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
In his prime, Flacco was above average. He's 38 now.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In his prime, Flacco was above average. He's 38 now.

True, but Flacco never had a Chase, Higgins and Mixon on one team.  Not saying he's anything great but he can run a NFL team.  If we were 2-8, it would be totally different.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Bringing in Plitt does not they won’t do anything else. The Browns brought in Flacco….but didn’t sign him so let’s not just assume he can still play just because of his history. There is also the option of grabbing Siemian off the Jets PS but that can’t happen until Tues and that’s only if they don’t protect him.

There is no solid QB out there on the market right now. Lots of older has been. So the unanswered question, is there anyone sitting on a PS that can improve the status of the QB room

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:44 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: True, but Flacco never had a Chase, Higgins and Mixon on one team.  Not saying he's anything great but he can run a NFL team.  If we were 2-8, it would be totally different.

Right, he never had Chase and Higgins, but he had Anquan Bolden and Torrey Smith and Steve Smith Sr. receiving, and Ray Rice and Willis McGahee running the rock. How quickly we forget.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:21 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Drew Plitt?

lol, they arent serious at this point to actually make a run are they? Matty Ice makes sense to me. He has similar attributes to Joe B and has been to a SB. 
but no lets sign Drew Plitt....its a joke at this point. Im sure Jamar and the rest of WRS are elated .
If we roll out AJ for QB VS Steelers i say lets bring back Jeremy Hill, Pacman and Vontaze and make a reunion party out of it
Reply/Quote
ok...then...who should the team sign "if they were serious"?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He played very well in the XFL, his team let him down numerous times.

I mean to be fair to your point, that's arguably more experience than the current starter, so why not.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:44 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: True, but Flacco never had a Chase, Higgins and Mixon on one team.  Not saying he's anything great but he can run a NFL team.  If we were 2-8, it would be totally different.

Chase and Higgins, sure, but Ray Rice was so much better than Mixon it isn't even funny. Anquan Boldin was also quite talented and played well in Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote