Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have 5th most cap space in the NFL
Many clubs will now expedite their efforts to get under their new cap floor, but the Bengals still have ample space. Cincinnati’s adjusted cap number is now at $195,138,275 after factoring in their adjusted rollover cap space from 2020.

This gives the Bengals $42,979,130 in current cap space, per overthecap.com. This is calculated via the Bengals’ $149,795,718 in top 51 cap hits in addition to their $2,363,427 in dead money, which is mostly made up of Carlos Dunlap’s remaining prorated signing bonus.

As of this posting, the Bengals have the fifth-most cap space in the league, and free agency officially begins a week from now.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/3/10/22323084/2021-nfl-salary-cap-set-bengals-cap-space-update
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Many clubs will now expedite their efforts to get under their new cap floor, but the Bengals still have ample space. Cincinnati’s adjusted cap number is now at $195,138,275 after factoring in their adjusted rollover cap space from 2020.

This gives the Bengals $42,979,130 in current cap space, per overthecap.com. This is calculated via the Bengals’ $149,795,718 in top 51 cap hits in addition to their $2,363,427 in dead money, which is mostly made up of Carlos Dunlap’s remaining prorated signing bonus.

As of this posting, the Bengals have the fifth-most cap space in the league, and free agency officially begins a week from now.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/3/10/22323084/2021-nfl-salary-cap-set-bengals-cap-space-update

And that's BEFORE any cuts to increase that. Wowzers!
Reply/Quote
Hobspin "$15m to spend in FA" article dropping in 3.....2.....1.....

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hobspin "$15m to spend in FA" article dropping in 3.....2.....1.....

Ninja

I'm going to say after he does his arithmetic gymnastics it'll be like 9.3 million.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: And that's BEFORE any cuts to increase that. Wowzers!

Hopefully we sign some solid linemen
Reply/Quote
Total cap space is meaningless without knowing how many starters are free agents.

We basically have four; Jackson, Lawson, Green, and Alexander.  And it just so happens that CB and Edge rusher are two of the more expensive positions to replace.

Bengals should be able to fill those four spots and still upgrade a couple more.  I am not saying we don't have a lot of cap space.  Just pointing out that it would be better to have less cap space and all starters under contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total cap space is meaningless without knowing how many starters are free agents.

We basically have four; Jackson, Lawson, Green, and Alexander.  And it just so happens that CB and Edge rusher are two of the more expensive positions to replace.

Bengals should be able to fill those four spots and still upgrade a couple more.  I am not saying we don't have a lot of cap space.  Just pointing out that it would be better to have less cap space and all starters under contract.

I know they aren't as expensive but Kicker Punter and Kick Returner are also starters that are free agents.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And we have quite of few cuts to make. We can be big time players in FA once again this year.

Hope it is on the OL and DL freeing up the Draft.

Something like Thuney/Daryl Williams, Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas.
Reply/Quote