Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have a new beat writer to replace Jim O.
Here is the Cincinnati.com article introducing new Bengals beat writer Fletcher Page who is replacing Jim Owczarski.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/09/14/2018-cincinnati-bengals-fletcher-page-now-beat/1302644002/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this one won’t bash us fans as the problem with the team (not the coach or owner) on his podcast.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hopefully this one won’t bash us fans as the problem with the team (not the coach or opener) on his podcast.

I can't believe he said that.  Got a link or a transcript so I can see what he REALLY said.

I'll bet it is another one of those "Marvin said he never makes halftime adjustments" situations.
Reply/Quote
Jim O was holding us down
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 50970292?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: 50970292?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg]

Mooooooon river!
Reply/Quote
Handsome fella

[Image: hitchhiker15.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mooooooon river!

Whewwww! Ever serve time Doc? Using the whole fist?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hopefully this one won’t bash us fans as the problem with the team (not the coach or opener) on his podcast.

Who said that?
Reply/Quote
Someone get him on the boards
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:54 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Someone get him on the boards

What TSwigZ said....

It was awesome how Jim O spoke with the fans on here.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What TSwigZ said....

It was awesome how Jim O spoke with the fans on here.

Yeah I forgot to mention that in my OP.  I hope Jim pointed Fletcher this way before he took off to Green Bay. .  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Here is the Cincinnati.com article introducing new Bengals beat writer Fletcher Page who is replacing Jim Owczarski.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/09/14/2018-cincinnati-bengals-fletcher-page-now-beat/1302644002/

Dude looks like Dalton's nerdy nephew. It's nepotism, I tells ya!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Wait.. what? Who what and when?
Reply/Quote
It was during the podcast he did with PDJ. I was listening to it after the 3rd or 4th game last season and obviously the team was stinking it up and Zampese had been fired. PDJ segmented to what was wrong with the team with a comment about the fans don’t support the team enough and that’s why the team was bad, Jim O. agreed that we’re a bad fan base. I haven’t listened to the podcast since.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It was during the podcast he did with PDJ. I was listening to it after the 3rd or 4th game last season and obviously the team was stinking it up and Zampese had been fired. PDJ segmented to what was wrong with the team with a comment about the fans don’t support the team enough and that’s why the team was bad, Jim O. agreed that we’re a bad fan base. I haven’t listened to the podcast since.

We are a bad fan base.  But I am sure neither of them said that we are the reason the team was bad.

Did you also happen to hear Marvin say that he never makes halftime adjustments?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are a bad fan base.  But I am sure neither of them said that we are the reason the team was bad.

Did you also happen to hear Marvin say that he never makes halftime adjustments?

No, but I did read his quote they’re media fabrications.

We are not a bad fan base. Any fan, myself included, still supporting a franchise that has offered little in return, is a good fan and should be appreciated.
Reply/Quote
I tweeted him about joining the boards and he said he’s getting on it so we’ll see

Edit: at work so doing from phone couldn’t get image to load so made it an attachment

Attached Files Image(s)

Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It was during the podcast he did with PDJ. I was listening to it after the 3rd or 4th game last season and obviously the team was stinking it up and Zampese had been fired. PDJ segmented to what was wrong with the team with a comment about the fans don’t support the team enough and that’s why the team was bad, Jim O. agreed that we’re a bad fan base. I haven’t listened to the podcast since.

We do suck thought.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 04:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We do suck [sic] thought.

It's easy to be a critic.  It is even easier when things are going poorly. I truly believe that we all want the team to win and do well. Some complaints may be harsh, but are also a means of catharsis. We as fans have no control over something we are passionate about.

I had an epiphany in one of the offensive line threads, and realized that I was actually talking about a person and not some game object.  It made me take a step back.  But I will die a Bengals fan.  And I want nothing more than to see them succeed, even with the current owner.
Reply/Quote