Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have been remarkably successful in last game of season with losing record
Jay Morrison of The Athletic tweeted out the following:

In seasons where the Bengals have had a losing record going into the final game of the season, they have won the final game 12 times in a row and 17 of their last 18. This bodes well for a potential win against the Ravens Sunday, but it could mean moving further down the ladder in terms of draft position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That’s astoundingly absurd. We pride ourselves on that dead cat bounce lol.
Reply/Quote
Coaches and players know if they just win that last game, they have a job next season.
Reply/Quote
I just read that if they win on Sunday the Bengals would be the first team in NFL history to win three games in a row when their opponents were each favored by 7.5 points or more. Ravens are a 12 point favorite.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:31 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I just read that if they win on Sunday the Bengals would be the first team in NFL history to win three games in a row when their opponents were each favored by 7.5 points or more. Ravens are a 12 point favorite.

I personally feel we are in for a wake up call. Ravens need this and are gonna come out ready to play. Key will be Lamar and if he plays like playoff Lamar.

Do we have a status on WJ3? He will be important for this one IMO. We gotta stop the run, but we need someone who can cover Dollywood Brown.

Much like last years finale, I think Phillips will have a great game with a pick. He nearly had an amazing play in the last Ravens game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I personally feel we are in for a wake up call. Ravens need this and are gonna come out ready to play. Key will be Lamar and if he plays like playoff Lamar.

Do we have a status on WJ3? He will be important for this one IMO. We gotta stop the run, but we need someone who can cover Dollywood Brown.

Much like last years finale, I think Phillips will have a great game with a pick. He nearly had an amazing play in the last Ravens game.

Ravens needed a win to make the playoffs in 2017 and played a 6-9 Bengals team. The Bengals had nothing to gain in that game aside from being playoff spoilers since they were guaranteed a losing record.

With that said, the Ravens didn't have Jackson starting at QB back then, and the Bengals are 25th in rushing yards allowed.

So I still think the Ravens win, but I don't think it's going to be a cake walk. The Bengals are on a winning streak and Taylor would like nothing more than to go into a new season with 3 straight wins. It will (or could) help him in attracting FAs to play for the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not the topic, but that's a lot of losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it continues. Much depends on which L. Jackson shows up.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 03:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all if it continues. Much depends on which L. Jackson shows up.

Lamar Jackson has not had a 300 yard passing game all season. That blows my mind. Goes to show how good their running game and defense have been I guess.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nope, this is the Dead Cat Bounce...again.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I still give the Ravens the edge as they’re playing lights out. They’re a great team. I hope they upset the Steelers in the 1st round.

I give us a 40% chance of winning based on how we’re playing and that we typically win these type of games. Ravens should win.

A win by Zac would move the needle further for me as far as confidence in the coaching staff. That’s all they’re playing for is the confidence. Should be a good game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I personally feel we are in for a wake up call. Ravens need this and are gonna come out ready to play. Key will be Lamar and if he plays like playoff Lamar.

Jackson has been playing like MVP Jackson since he came back from Covid list. He will be much more dangerous than when we saw him earlier in the season, when he had a bum knee and wasn’t running.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 06:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Jackson has been playing like MVP Jackson since he came back from Covid list. He will be much more dangerous than when we saw him earlier in the season, when he had a bum knee and wasn’t running.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t have to poop mid game.
Reply/Quote
Oof

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was at the majority of those games, and there are a lot of good memories. Well, except the 2001 Steeler game when we left early because they were losing and had to hear the OT win on I-75.

Regardless, in all those times I left PBS with a W, never once was I complaining about the 'dead cat bounce' and the resulting lost draft spot. Nope, just celebrated the W and headed on home. Just as I would do Sunday if I were there and they beat the Ratbirds.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Maybe it is a PR problem? We should start seasons telling anyone who listens that we're a dumpster fire that couldn't win a game even if the other team showed up drunk.

Also, we should boo our QBs when they do exhibition events. That seemed to spur some great play for awhile.

Reply/Quote

Jackson isn't even that good of a QB, contain his run, he's terrible
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:57 AM)Trademark Wrote: Jackson isn't even that good of a QB, contain his run, he's terrible

One does not simply contain Lamar Jackson's run.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
FTR, that stat is for the "final home game". In four of those seasons, since 2000, they ended up losing the final game and in 2018 they lost the final two, on the road. 

Not a big deal. Just a quirky stat for home finales. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 02:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Not the topic, but that's a lot of losing seasons.

well most are before marvin era... lol

But this is a Very good example of a meaningless stat.
Reply/Quote