Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have contacted Dede Westbrook
(05-11-2021, 11:50 AM)yang Wrote: I seen former 2st rounder Josh Doctson got cut after sitting out last year with the Jets.  3 years in Washington and one w/ Vikings.  Not sure what happened to him, kind of like Ross.  Lots of injuries but I remember everyone being so high on him coming out.  Invite him in for a look?

didnt he get hurt his rookie year?  just never recovered it seems

i remember some talk around here when he was drafted
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 07:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's probably too late to add anyone of real note at this point. 

The last LB we took in the first two rounds was Ray Mauluga (round 2) 12 years ago in 2009.  Since that time we've tried to fill out the position group with middle round picks and bargain bin FA's.

Look, if you want to agree with that approach then that's your choice.  But I don't think anyone can refute that the team clearly doesn't value LB's like they do with other positions.  Nor do they value the position as much as other teams do.

People keep pointing to last years draft but I think that only strengthens my argument.  They immediately handed meaningful PT to a 3rd and 4th round rookie, signed a scrub in FA and pretended like they were perfectly fine there.

Bingo.

Kind of like the OL draft this year. It is CYB from the FO. What do you mean we dont value LB, we took 3!

Though to be fair, we took Carman in Rd 2 and added Reiff in FA. Reiff > Bynes. 
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:09 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I think "good linebacker" are a result of having a d line that wipes out the blockers giving the LBs good lanes and angles. 

Have not done the research but I'm guessing that most of the top 50 linebackers come from teams with top 10 to 15 D lines

Maybe.
I don't have the time nor the interest to go look all that up.
But if that's true, it would show the Bengals would be better off upgrading their DL than worry about getting a 1st round LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:32 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Once I saw that KC is interested...I stopped wondering. Once they get involved its like a blackhole swallowing up everything.   

Money trumps everything.  

If we offer more, we'll get him and we have like $15 more million in cap space than KC.

Reply/Quote
DeDe would be a fine grab along with Trai Turner and as others noted a vet LB.
Reply/Quote