Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and Watt
(11-18-2015, 07:56 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Hair color isn't an ethnicity, chief.

Thanks detective....I get that. I was differentiating between "white" and another ethnicity.  I'm saying IF.....would it be ok? 

(and technically....anyone with common sense realizes that redhair is an ethnicity tracing back to Scotland , Ireland , and parts of England)

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks detective....I get that. I was differentiating between "white" and another ethnicity.  I'm saying IF.....would it be ok? 

(and technically....anyone with common sense realizes that redhair is an ethnicity tracing back to Scotland , Ireland , and parts of England)

You're saying 'if' what? Your point makes no sense.

Youre trying to pretend a word Is a slur. What if 'bad playoff qb' was a slur. That Would that be racist to andy.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:28 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He is called the Red Rifle.  Now calling his red hair into play is mean?

Andy never liked being called the Red Rifle.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:22 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: You're saying 'if' what? Your point makes no sense.

Youre trying to pretend a word Is a slur. What if 'bad playoff qb' was a slur. That Would that be racist to andy.

I see the point totally escapes you.......nevermind.

Try asking someone with red hair if they like the term "ginger", or if constantly being reminded they are different is something they appreciate.....get it?

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:28 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Andy never liked being called the Red Rifle.

......and there's this.  I wonder why he didn't like that name?  Hmmmmm.......let me see, why would he NOT like this name.....hmmmmmmm......any ideas OP? Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
I just hope for Watt's sake he never calls Russell Wilson a nappy-headed ho on national TV.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:14 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I just hope for Watt's sake he never calls Russell Wilson a nappy-headed ho on national TV.

You get the point..... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks detective....I get that. I was differentiating between "white" and another ethnicity.  I'm saying IF.....would it be ok? 

You know what would be ok, is that  "I want me Luck Charms"    LOL
Reply/Quote
Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals have asked quarterback Andy Dalton to dye his red hair.

“Look, what we’re doing is obviously not working and we need to do everything we can to get over the hump,” said head coach Marvin Lewis. “Our quarterback being a ginger could be part of our problem. We won’t know for sure until we see him play with a different hair color. But the fact is, no red-haired quarterback has ever led a team to a championship. There’s no way around that.”

The Bengals have scheduled Dalton for a hair dyeing tomorrow morning at a salon near Paul Brown Stadium.

Dalton’s teammates seem to support the decision.

“Andy is a good guy and a solid quarterback, but sometimes his hair can be pretty distracting,” said receiver A.J. Green. “We’ll be in the huddle listening to him call a play and suddenly you realize you’ve just been staring in wonder at his giant red eyebrows and you haven’t heard a thing he’s said. I just think him getting brown or black or blonde hair could give us a little edge. Right now he’s just so, you know … red.”

Tight end Tyler Eifert says he would play a lot better with a non-ginger quarterback.

“I’ll be honest: Andy scares the hell out of me,” said the rookie. “I don’t know why, he just freaks me out. Well, I know why. It’s his bright orange hair and snow white flesh. It’s terrifying. But I like the idea of him getting a different hair color so I’m not freaked out every second I’m on the field. I think I could relax and play better.”

Lewis said forcing his quarterback to dye his hair is not discriminatory.

“Look, we willingly drafted Andy,” said Lewis. “And that was after we had Carson Palmer and his red beard here. We are one of the only organizations in football willing to employ reds. If Andy was winning playoff games, I’d have no problem with his hair color. And if a strong-armed, can’t-miss ginger quarterback was available in the draft, I’d draft it.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/01/bengals-ask-andy-dalton-dye-hair
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton was just pissed that they lost against a bad Texans team. He said some things that he regrets out of frustration. He wouldn't have brought it up again if a reporter didn't ask him today.

I think it's funny that a lot of people used to get on Daltons case because he wasn't angery after a loss, and now that he got pissed off people are calling him a crybaby. I guess I shouldn't be surprised people try and bash him no matter what he does.

I'm glad I read this before posting about 200 Tom Brady references of where he felt "slighted" in some way, shape, or form.  They find the smallest little thing and make a big deal about it for motivation.  I'm glad Andy clearly didn't care for the insult and I hope he uses that fire to not only destroy AZ and get back on track, but the next time they play the Texans.  
Reply/Quote