Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have outscored opponents 28-6 in 2nd half
Not sure it means anything more than we suck in the 1st half but is it a glimmer of hope?

Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It doesn't matter.

I tried... how about this:  

Cordell Volson vs the Cowboys had 0 sacks, hits or hurries, and received the highest pass-block grade (87.6) across ALL guards in the NFL in Week 2.

This is a positive, outside of longsnapping I'm reaching for anything.

Reply/Quote
If I remember my narratives it means we need to bring back Marvin and do a two HC thing where Marvin coaches in the first half and then ZT coaches in the second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All through the off-season I have repeatedly been told that it does not matter how bad we play in the first half as long as we play well in the second half.

Doesn't even matter if our defense blows a lead late in the fourth quarter.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure it means anything more than we suck in the 1st half but is it a glimmer of hope?

This tells me the game plan, i.e. scripted first 20-25 plays, are not very good. At this point they need to go in with game plans expecting cover 2 and then modify if someone chooses not to follow suit. 
Reply/Quote
Looking at the vikings and bears games from last season:

We’ve actually conceded 1 less point granted this has been against 2 poor qbs but Fields and Dalton are hardly the NFL’s best.

We’ve only scored 4 less points but it’s the way the offence looks no deep shots the amount of sacks Burrow playing like a rabbit in the headlights.

Reality is although we look a million miles away from where we were last season we are close just not had the bounce of the ball in our favour.

If by some miracle they figure it and we win the next 3 it does set us up well, the rat birds getting beat yesterday could be massive in the long run.

Not giving up just yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: This tells me the game plan, i.e. scripted first 20-25 plays, are not very good. At this point they need to go in with game plans expecting cover 2 and then modify if someone chooses not to follow suit. 

That is what was extra flummoxing about the game.  Seeing a backup QB and a less than well regarded HC get 14 points right out of the gate while our own SB QB and HC fail to score with a planned set of plays was a real 180 from the way things should have gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bengals have outscored opponents 28-6 in 2nd half

Not sure it means anything more than we suck in the 1st half but is it a glimmer of hope?

Opponents have outscored the Bengals 43-37 in two games.  I wish the above mattered but for me I don't see much hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure it means anything more than we suck in the 1st half but is it a glimmer of hope?

Seems offense can only do well after they let the defense beat up on them for 40 minutes
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I tried... how about this:  

Cordell Volson vs the Cowboys had 0 sacks, hits or hurries, and received the highest pass-block grade (87.6) across ALL guards in the NFL in Week 2.

This is a positive, outside of longsnapping I'm reaching for anything.

Hey! That is good.

Makes me terrified to see the rest of the pass blocking grades.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Seems offense can only do well after they let the defense beat up on them for 40 minutes

Hulk Burrow needs to get his ass beat so he can get mad enough to turn it on and win in the very end. We need Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon to announce our games. I can hear Jesse now "Look at Burrow...he's down and done for! It's the end of Burrow-a-mania!" and then Burrow gets up and does the "NO!" sign and wins it all and ends the show by posing for 30 minutes.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527a1b6da9c1eb1315af...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey! That is good.

Makes me terrified to see the rest of the pass blocking grades.

If this is our greatly Upgraded line wonder how many sacks we would have given up with last years OL
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hulk Burrow needs to get his ass beat so he can get mad enough to turn it on and win in the very end.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527a1b6da9c1eb1315af...y.gif&ct=g]

LoL i was thinking about the Rope a Dope   but this is so much better.... Burrow Hulks up mid 3rd Qtr...
Reply/Quote
Might as well put Adeniji back out there Lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LoL i was thinking about the Rope a Dope   but this is so much better.... Burrow Hulks up mid 3rd Qtr...

Wouldn't surprise me if ZT's main job as the "coach" of this team is to break 2x4s over Burrow's head in the locker room at half time in order to make sure he's properly motivated to come out firing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if ZT's main job as the "coach" of this team is to break 2x4s over Burrow's head in the locker room at half time in order to make sure he's properly motivated to come out firing. 

Are 2x4s not available prior to the game?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All through the off-season I have repeatedly been told that it does not matter how bad we play in the first half as long as we play well in the second half.

Doesn't even matter if our defense blows a lead late in the fourth quarter.

Pretty sure you were told: Those things don't matter as long as we win. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assert no one told you losing games doesn't matter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Are 2x4s not available prior to the game?

As far as I can tell nothing that would make this team competent in the 1st half is possible nor available.  It's a mystery.
Reply/Quote