Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have the ammo to make a deal...if need be
This isn't an overreaction thread, or one to say they will make a deal. IF and I mean IF Cincy wants to trade say a 6th for a descent vet from a team with wealth at that position they can do it. Bear in mind they'll have comp picks to justify such a move, no matter the debate of the history of making or not making such move. I say vet as if they need an instant rotation player in a few weeks you'd prefer some sort of experience. Forget about "I believe ____ will be back on week 1" or "no reason to worry", just be happy that Cincy's FA strategy has them sitting well even if the injuries pile up even more.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 09:35 PM)phil413 Wrote: This isn't an overreaction thread, or one to say they will make a deal.  IF and I mean IF Cincy wants to trade say a 6th for a descent vet from a team with wealth at that position they can do it.  Bear in mind they'll have comp picks to justify such a move, no matter the debate of the history of making or not making such move.  I say vet as if they need an instant rotation player in a few weeks you'd prefer some sort of experience.  Forget about "I believe ____ will be back on week 1" or "no reason to worry", just be happy that Cincy's FA strategy has them sitting well even if the injuries pile up even more.

Reuben Randle got cut
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Reuben Randle got cut

Randal does have experience but nfl.com was saying mental errors and lack of effort popped back up in Philly ( http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691816/article/eagles-release-rueben-randle-chris-givens )

I get that they were seeing what they had in Brown, but even if Jones is fine I'd like at least a below average vet corner for depth.  They have enough youth to develop and I'd like to see Shaw be allowed to play a hybrid role and Lewis-Harris more on ST.  They may trust Lewis-Harris more than a street FA or final cut at this point, so if anyone wants to trade say an average vet corner that's making too much to be a backup I'd toss a 6th or 7th to someone.  With Cincy's LB's looking better this year and Williams still somewhat untested at Safety you don't want teams spreading you out all the time.  I could see them playing Shaw and Smith a lot more out of need if more injuries stack up.  I like both, but Cincy is trying to win a ring so secure a vet. 
Reply/Quote
If there is a veteran FA out there that the Bengals might sign, it would almost certainly be a DE. Preferably one that plays from the right side. Hunt chased more people last night, but couldn't catch a cold in January (with no indoor practice facility).
Reply/Quote
I sure wouldn't mind having a Leon Hall type right about now.

Wouldn't hurt to have another vet TE until Eifert/Kroft return.

And there is no team in the NFL that couldn't use another rotation big body.

But really, those would all be luxuries.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
NFLN is reporting that Terrance Knighton is going to be released by the Pats.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote