Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeSean McCoy
So apparently McCoy will be suiting up against the Bengals on Sunday. He doesn't seem to have the spark he had a couple years back in Philly so I don't think it's that big of a deal, but what do you all think?

Does his presence take heat off of Manuel? Do the Bills have a better shot with him in the lineup? Or will the Bengals handle their business regardless of who is in Buffalo's backfield?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 03:01 AM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: So apparently McCoy will be suiting up against the Bengals on Sunday.  He doesn't seem to have the spark he had a couple years back in Philly so I don't think it's that big of a deal, but what do you all think?  

Does his presence take heat off of Manuel?  Do the Bills have a better shot with him in the lineup?  Or will the Bengals handle their business regardless of who is in Buffalo's backfield?

After allowing an UDFA to run over us last week against the Seahawks, yes his presence absolutely makes a difference in this game and removes some pressure. He is still a very good back, and has the ability to break away anytime he touches the ball. If Taylor doesn't suit up, the game plan should be stop the run and see if Manuel can beat them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our biggest problem is defense and specifically the run defense. It absolutely needs to get fixed, and Marvin himself is probably going to have to be the one to come up with the plan. "Paulie G" still seems like a sack of potatoes to me.
Reply/Quote
I do believe the Bengals will win this game, but LeSean McCoy is dangerous everywhere. Especially in the passing game. Linebacker play has been the Bengals achilles this year, so I'm hoping they step up their game.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I have concerns about our defense so any weapon they get back is enough to keep me worried. The defense has not done a good job of stopping the run at all this year.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
If you think stopping him will be rough (and I agree), what do you think the killer B's will do to Paulie's D?

Good grief. That will be ugly.

AD will have to put up 45 pts to win that game.

Sad
Reply/Quote
Not afraid. We often do better against Superstars than against UDFA.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bad idea for McCoy to come back from injury this quick. He admitted in an interview yesterday that he's not 100%. I feel like him rushing back at the beginning of the season is what caused the injury to worsen. I would be very surprised if he plays a lot of snaps tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 08:12 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Not afraid. We often do better against Superstars than against UDFA.

sad but true
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 09:20 AM)NKYRob Wrote: I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bad idea for McCoy to come back from injury this quick. He admitted in an interview yesterday that he's not 100%. I feel like him rushing back at the beginning of the season is what caused the injury to worsen. I would be very surprised if he plays a lot of snaps tomorrow.

Sounds great for us - put a RB w/ a gimpy leg in there.
What's worse for McCoy and Buffalo, is tomorrow's game could re aggravate that thing and potentially miss more games down the line.  Not really smart, I think.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Last week isn't this week - that UDFA last week had zero tape for the Bengals to study; it's a tall order. Shady McCoy has plenty of tape and he's gimpy. How about we wait to see how it turns out before we give McCoy a 200 yard 3 TD stat line?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Callin it now. Dunlap strips him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 11:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Callin it now. Dunlap strips him.

I believe it lol.

To the OP I seen on an ESPN tweet McCoy saying the Bengals are getting beat outside in the running game. They are getting beat one on one in the open field. (Which is obvious to those if us watching them every week.) The a Safeties and Linebackers need to step it up this week..
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe it lol.

To the OP I seen on an ESPN tweet McCoy saying the Bengals are getting beat outside in the running game. They are getting beat one on one in the open field. (Which is obvious to those if us watching them every week.) The a Safeties and Linebackers need to step it up this week..

Very true.  Our outside contain has left a lot to be desired.  Let's make this the week we get that under control.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
How is Buffalo's offensive line?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:00 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Our biggest problem is defense and specifically the run defense. It absolutely needs to get fixed, and Marvin himself is probably going to have to be the one to come up with the plan. "Paulie G" still seems like a sack of potatoes to me.

They did give up quite a few rushing yards last week, but a large chunk of them were on one horrible (tackling) play.

The pass offense held up very well, again, with the exception of one busted coverage. 

What I loved best was the 62 yards the Seahawks got their final SIX DRIVES.  The defense clearly rose to the occasion.  And remember, they only gave up 17 points.  Their defense got a score on the Burkhead fumble.

I think for this game the defense will be playing the same "avoid giving up a big passing play" scheme and will give up a lot of nickel-and-dime yardage on the ground.  They have faith that the offense will be able to get a couple scores on their first several drives, forcing the Bills to try and air things out to keep up.  This will play right in to the Bengals hands, although I would imagine Manual will be checking it down repeatedly. 

Any time you play an extra quarter in a game, it takes a toll on a team, but I think the Bengals simply have too many weapons for the Bills defense and will not be stopped.  They have scored at least 24 points in every game and are averaging closer to 30 per game.  Buffalo simply can't score that many points against this defense. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried. Seems to me that it is more like grandstanding from Rex Ryan, in an attempt to give the Bengals coaching staff more things to prepare for. I believe McCoy being healthy about as much as I believe Tyrod Taylor will be ready to go today...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 09:20 AM)NKYRob Wrote: I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bad idea for McCoy to come back from injury this quick. He admitted in an interview yesterday that he's not 100%. I feel like him rushing back at the beginning of the season is what caused the injury to worsen. I would be very surprised if he plays a lot of snaps tomorrow.

You're not the only one.

McCoy himself mentioned a week ago that he needs 3-4 weeks to get himself back to full health, and it seems the only reason that he is suiting up for this game is the magnitude for them and the fact that they'll be short two backs without him.

Just like Watkins, I see him re-aggravating the injury early and making his team be down in depth.
Reply/Quote
If Rex wants to start a hobbled RB and WR against us then thats his call..
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:14 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yeah, I have concerns about our defense so any weapon they get back is enough to keep me worried. The defense has not done a good job of stopping the run at all this year.

Actually they have.. Baltimore did nothing on the ground.. also they have only given up 2 touchdowns to running backs rushing the ball this year.  Take away the first run by Mccoy and the Bengals held him to 3.5 a carry.
Reply/Quote