Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals held a “players only” meeting
(10-26-2018, 09:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a serious note, let's say they do get serious and play better as a team.  If they can go into, and come out of the bye with wins, that changes the complexion of things, dramatically.

I rather we come out soaring out of the bye.   We tend to lose our first game after byes. I suspect our locker room tends to be lax and too easy going.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 11:19 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I rather we come out soaring out of the bye.   We tend to lose our first game after byes. I suspect our locker room tends to be lax and too easy going.

Can't remember exactly, but I think the Bengals are right close to .500, in games coming off a bye, under Marvin Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Didn't they have a players only meeting that led to Zampese getting fired?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: A coach walks in and asks what's going on. All the players look at Ced and say "you're supposed to block the door, Ced" but he couldn't.

Hilarious

(10-26-2018, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

This game against the Bucs is absolutely crucial ! Win it and the playoffs aren't out of the picture on paper. We've got 2 against The Browns and the Broncos and Raiders. There should be 3 wins in there at least. Add the Bucs game that gives us 8 W's.

So we'd have to pull 2 more wins out of Saints, @Ravens, @Chargers,@Steelers. And if they sweep Cleveland that's just gravy.

Lose this game against the Bucs and the playoffs get much further away.

No doubt brother, must win going into the bye.

Than we can rest up and hopefully have Price, Gio, Vigil and Ross back for the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Why all the hate and sarcasm? At least the players are trying to regain control and I agree with them that they are better than how they played against KC. This team looked unstoppable against the Ravens for the first half.

Players have to overcome bad decisions by coaches and learn how to tackle. A lot of practices these days avoid tackling and physical contact due to injuries. Plus they have so many injuries. This team can easily go 9-7. There are a lot of problems to fix over the next off season but this team can do better than they showed against KC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why all the hate and sarcasm?  At least the players are trying to regain control and I agree with them that they are better than how they played against KC.  This team looked unstoppable against the Ravens for the first half.  

Players have to overcome bad decisions by coaches and learn how to tackle.  A lot of practices these days avoid tackling and physical contact due to injuries.  Plus they have so many injuries.  This team can easily go 9-7.  There are a lot of problems to fix over the next off season but this team can do better than they showed against KC.

Oh i completely agree, this is a good thing. HH's post just made me laugh.

We just need to have our LB's tackle and cover better and we can beat anyone, even the Chiefs. There were multiple
times even in that game where we had the Chiefs where we wanted them and just couldn't cover and tackle and the
Chiefs just took advantage. Need to use Mixon more in the passing game, need to spread the ball around more and
not force the ball to AJ and give Uzi some more pass catching snaps with TE middle screens.

Think we should handle the Bucs handily. The players meeting only helps me think this more than before.

Than rest up and get ready for the Saints with some of our best players coming back 100% off injury hungry.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:59 AM)Trademark Wrote: Maybe this will be a good sign...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/25/18024636/bengals-players-only-meeting-after-two-game-losing-streak-steelers-chiefs-bucs

They had the meeting to tackle the issues... but the defense didn't know where to start.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: They had the meeting to tackle the issues... but the defense didn't know where to start.

And the LBs were supposed to make sure they covered all the issues.

That did not work very well either.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: They had the meeting to tackle the issues... but the defense didn't know where to start.

Heeeyooo!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why all the hate and sarcasm?  At least the players are trying to regain control and I agree with them that they are better than how they played against KC.  This team looked unstoppable against the Ravens for the first half.  

The problem is that a "players only" meeting usually means there is a problem within the coaching staff, and that is never a good thing.

That is why these type of meetings rarely accomplish anything.
Reply/Quote
Fej didn't make it... he didn't get the memo.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And the LBs were supposed to make sure they covered all the issues.

That did not work very well either.

They handed Andy Dalton some chalk and told him to put some points on the board...........    Ok , I will stop. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 07:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Probably played video games and ate pizza tuna melts on rye.

Fixed it for ya!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't they have a players only meeting that led to Zampese getting fired?

Typically, I'd be hoping that they were meeting to plot Coach Austin's removal, but who's available to take over??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that a "players only" meeting usually means there is a problem within the coaching staff, and that is never a good thing.

That is why these type of meetings rarely accomplish anything.

That, or either they had a meeting to call each other out, saying things like 'we just need to play better all around' in all three phases.

Or maybe a bit of both too.

Either way for a 4-3 team to do this on a 2 game slide tells me they recognize there are issues that need fixed asap. So it isnt just fans recognizing issues at this point, but the players too.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Typically, I'd be hoping that they were meeting to plot Coach Austin's removal, but who's available to take over??

Nobody we'd want, unfortunately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:05 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: They handed Andy Dalton some chalk and told him to put some points on the board...........    Ok , I will stop. lol

I heard Andy was supposed to post the meeting agenda, but he missed the bulletin board entirely.

Marvin asked "Don't you know player-only meetings are just journalistic jargon?" and took a seat.

Mike made the players supply their own folding chairs.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
After Sunday's performance against the Chiefs they should have called it a "paycheck getters only" meeting; because if it was a player's only meeting AJ would be in there all by himself.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Have fun on three. 1, 2, 3!!
Reply/Quote
Merv: "It's your team, find a way to fix it!" Very similar to sending kids to their rooms and saying, "Don't come out until you've figured out what you've done wrong." What?

Reply/Quote