Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals helmet leaf bags
I hope no one minds me promoting a product on here but I'm a little biased because this item was invented & designed by a friend of mine here in North Dakota. He has been working for years to get them officially licensed by the NFL. They are Stuff-a-Helmet leaf bags and they are available in 11 NFL teams at this time including our beloved Bengals. Local teams can be purchased at Menards, though any of the teams (Packers, Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks, & Rams) can be ordered on the company's web site. Mine just arrived and they look great.

[Image: stuffahelmet.jpg]

They have a license for college teams as well, but only made a handful that are local to our area - North Dakota State, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska & Wisconsin.

If you and/or your friends get any of these, feel free to send pictures to len@orriginals.com and he will post them to the Stuff-a-Helmet Facebook page. Thank you & Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:50 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I hope no one minds me promoting a product on here but I'm a little biased because this item was invented & designed by a friend of mine here in North Dakota. He has been working for years to get them officially licensed by the NFL. They are Stuff-a-Helmet leaf bags and they are available in 11 NFL teams at this time including our beloved Bengals. Local teams can be purchased at Menards, though any of the teams (Packers, Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks, & Rams) can be ordered on the company's web site. Mine just arrived and they look great.

They have a license for college teams as well, but only made a handful that are local to our area - North Dakota State, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska & Wisconsin.

If you and/or your friends get any of these, feel free to send pictures to len@orriginals.com and he will post them to the Stuff-a-Helmet Facebook page. Thank you & Who Dey!

imagine 11 v 11 in the front yard!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:56 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: imagine 11 v 11 in the front yard!

Imagine having to take that many leaves...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 05:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Imagine having to take that many leaves...

I'm not sure if many leaves have started to fall in the Ohio area, but I've had plenty here. Looking forward to getting these bags actually made the process of raking them up much more bearable.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 05:08 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I'm not sure if many leaves have started to fall in the Ohio area, but I've had plenty here. Looking forward to getting these bags actually made the process of raking them up much more bearable.

Yeah, we've got some on the ground.  There's still plenty to go, but my front yard has a nice covering on it already.

Not 22 giant bags of them though...that would be horrible.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:50 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I hope no one minds me promoting a product on here but I'm a little biased because this item was invented & designed by a friend of mine here in North Dakota. He has been working for years to get them officially licensed by the NFL. They are Stuff-a-Helmet leaf bags and they are available in 11 NFL teams at this time including our beloved Bengals. Local teams can be purchased at Menards, though any of the teams (Packers, Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks, & Rams) can be ordered on the company's web site. Mine just arrived and they look great.

Pretty cool. So, online orders have to be done through Menards?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 05:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Pretty cool. So, online orders have to be done through Menards?

For now, yes. Menards is controlling distribution which is part of the reason there are such limited options in the stores themselves. Despite having a wealth of Vikings & Packers fans here, the only bags we have in our Menards is North Dakota State (which seem to be selling rather well). I would expect that the Bengals bags are only available in the southern part of Ohio and into Kentucky.

If this changes at all, I will post an update here.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who likes these cool Bengals leaf bags but have not enough leaves to fill them.

No worries I have plenty of leaves for all, free of charge even. Bring your own rake and take all you want.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
How durable are they? Say you had other yard trimmings like broken tree branches, would they poke right through or is the plastic fairly tough?

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 06:30 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: For now, yes. Menards is controlling distribution which is part of the reason there are such limited options in the stores themselves. Despite having a wealth of Vikings & Packers fans here, the only bags we have in our Menards is North Dakota State (which seem to be selling rather well). I would expect that the Bengals bags are only available in the southern part of Ohio and into Kentucky.

If this changes at all, I will post an update here.

Quote:He has been working for years to get them officially licensed by the NFL.

How are they able to be sold without being officially licensed? And what's the hold up?

Also, please tell your friend to make some of the 49ers. I would get the Bengals for me and the Niners for friends. Would be cool. However..... on Menards.com they are $4.99 PER BAG + S&H. Not a good deal by any stretch. Perhaps if they sold a pack of 11 for like $7.99 I'd buy a few packs, but def wont buy at those prices for a single bag.  Hilarious

But tell your friend it'd be a brilliant idea to sell these in packs of 11. (For obvious reasons)
Reply/Quote
Really cool product. I know licensing product like that can be an absolute killer in mfg costs. Tough to keep pricing competitive unless huge numbers is being done.

I hope your friend can make headway with it and grow!

Also, and I am just thinking outside the box here, at their cost, or preferably higher, why not sell them as a fillable bag that is a yard diaplay instead if a bag to throw away? I think that having a big helmet out on my porch or in the yard that I can fill with leaves or stuffing or whatever would be cool. This would easily be done at a lower cost than the inflatable stuff. Maybe he could make the bag more durable for longer lasting use but position them as a collectable/displayable item instead of throw away?
Reply/Quote
Hmmm.. Sell them to Columbia SC to reroute traffic with all the roads closed from the flooding ..the USC football colors don't stand out very well. Most all the trees here are still green, but there are plenty of pine needles.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
As cool as they are why not just compost the leaves, save yourself some money and help the planet.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:49 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: As cool as they are why not just compost the leaves, save yourself some money and help the planet.

Cause Murica, baby!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:49 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: As cool as they are why not just compost the leaves, save yourself some money and help the planet.

[Image: image.png?w=500&c=1]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

[Image: th?id=OIP.M486e547e9489a44e573339ca68ca0...=171&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I could use one of those bags as a condom. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I could use one of those bags as a condom. Tongue

I didn't know they made condoms for a size of an inch and two wrinkles! 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 03:25 AM)Bryan Wrote: How durable are they? Say you had other yard trimmings like broken tree branches, would they poke right through or is the plastic fairly tough?

I was curious of this as well when I ordered them. The difference in the quality of the bags if evident immediately. They definitely feel far more durable than the standard bags I tend to use, though I was still careful about putting many branches in at all.

(10-18-2015, 06:59 AM)Adamantium Wrote: How are they able to be sold without being officially licensed? And what's the hold up?

Also, please tell your friend to make some of the 49ers. I would get the Bengals for me and the Niners for friends. Would be cool. However..... on Menards.com they are $4.99 PER BAG + S&H. Not a good deal by any stretch. Perhaps if they sold a pack of 11 for like $7.99 I'd buy a few packs, but def wont buy at those prices for a single bag.  Hilarious

But tell your friend it'd be a brilliant idea to sell these in packs of 11. (For obvious reasons)

He did finally get them licensed through the NFL, which is why they are now on sale. This also pretty much addresses your concern about the price. Between the heavier weight & quality of the bag and the NFL branding, one has to expect a rather hefty price. Of course, I think it's safe to say that most of us on this message board have spent far more than that on something superfluous simply because it was Bengals-related. 

(10-18-2015, 09:39 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Really cool product. I know licensing product like that can be an absolute killer in mfg costs. Tough to keep pricing competitive unless huge numbers is being done.

I hope your friend can make headway with it and grow!

Also, and I am just thinking outside the box here, at their cost, or preferably higher, why not sell them as a fillable bag that is a yard diaplay instead if a bag to throw away? I think that having a big helmet out on my porch or in the yard that I can fill with leaves or stuffing or whatever would be cool. This would easily be done at a lower cost than the inflatable stuff. Maybe he could make the bag more durable for longer lasting use but position them as a collectable/displayable item instead of throw away?

This is basically the idea and how they are being marketed. I've already seen a few North Dakota State bags on other people's front yards and have placed my Bengals bags on display as well.

[Image: bengals_bags.png]

To be honest, this is largely because I am an awful human being with an obsession with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 03:00 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: To be honest, this is largely because I am an awful human being with an obsession with the Cincinnati Bengals.

If I had a nickel for everytime I thought this to myself... 
Reply/Quote