Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals hosted DL Basham and Street

Reply/Quote
Is that boogie basham? If not, who?!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 09:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Is that boogie basham? If not, who?!

I think they are cousins.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 09:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Is that boogie basham? If not, who?!

Boogie plays for the Bills. Tarell is his cousin. He played at Ohio U and has played for Colts, Jets, Cowboys and Titans. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 09:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Boogie plays for the Bills. Tarell is his cousin. He played at Ohio U and has played for Colts, Jets, Cowboys and Titans. 

So camp body?

No way we even want them to beat out Sample, Gunther or Carter
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 11:16 PM)Housh Wrote: So camp body?

Odd statement....?   I want the very best player to play, do not care who they beat out.

Reply/Quote
Potential pass rushing depth. Might be guys we sign after the draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I could see why they'd wait until after the draft, but if they don't draft a lot of DEs they should get busy on signing Ingram.  This is no longer the "best safeties in the league" defense.  It's going to have to be a more pressure oriented defense.
Reply/Quote
Street played with Pratt and Hill at NC State. If the Bengals like familiarity as much as I believe they do, Street could end up a Bengal. It might depend on how the draft plays out as well, so don't hold your breath.

I believe the Bengals will be eyeing DL/TE in R1. McDonald, N. Smith, Kancey, and Mayer are the top names that come to mind.

R2 could be Felix Anudike-Uzomah (his stock is rising though), Gervon Dexter, Sam LaPorta, and Tucker Kraft.

If we come out without a DL in the first 3 rounds, I could see Street in stripes. It may happen regardless.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 11:16 PM)Housh Wrote: So camp body?

Do people see Gunter as someone the Bengals need to keep?
Gunter seems the most likely DL on the chopping block on cut days aside from maybe Tufele.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every team needs depth.
Reply/Quote
All I know is it took Pete decades to get his own "Way" and now Kentavious already wants a "Street" Today's entitled youts..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 08:40 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Street played with Pratt and Hill at NC State. If the Bengals like familiarity as much as I believe they do, Street could end up a Bengal. It might depend on how the draft plays out as well, so don't hold your breath.

I believe the Bengals will be eyeing DL/TE in R1. McDonald, N. Smith, Kancey, and Mayer are the top names that come to mind.

R2 could be Felix Anudike-Uzomah (his stock is rising though), Gervon Dexter, Sam LaPorta, and Tucker Kraft.

If we come out without a DL in the first 3 rounds, I could see Street in stripes. It may happen regardless.

Didn't know that about Street, thanks Bengalpool. Don't know much about Tarell Basham either besides this thread and I really 
liked Boogie in college and last year for the Bills. Wanted us to draft Boogie Basham. All for adding pass rushers whether at 3-tech
or EDGE and having the best competition possible.

Also like McDonald, Nolan Smith and Kalijah Kancey. I like Karl Brooks in the mid rounds as a 3-tech.

Anudike-Uzomah, Gervon Dexter sound great to me in the 2nd round. Might have to trade up for Uzomah though, like you said, 
his stock is rising.

(03-29-2023, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Do people see Gunter as someone the Bengals need to keep?
Gunter seems the most likely DL on the chopping block on cut days aside from maybe Tufele.

I like Gunter and Tufele. Tupou is the one I see on his way out. Tufele in my opinion is much better than Tupou from what I saw
last season and has a higher upside. Gunter also has high upside and gained strength much quicker than I thought he would. His
weakness was he needed to get in the weight room. He clearly took that to heart as a rookie. He has great length and has good
hands in evading blocks and has moves already.

My darkhorse this year might just be Jeffrey Gunter as an EDGE for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Gunter and Tufele. Tupou is the one I see on his way out. Tufele in my opinion is much better than Tupou from what I saw
last season and has a higher upside. Gunter also has high upside and gained strength much quicker than I thought he would. His
weakness was he needed to get in the weight room. He clearly took that to heart as a rookie. He has great length and has good
hands in evading blocks and has moves already.

My darkhorse this year might just be Jeffrey Gunter as an EDGE for us.

While I get what you are saying about Gunter and Tufele, they were the two lowest last year when it comes to defensive snaps for DL.
Tufele only 138 snaps
Gunter only 37 snaps
The next-lowest DL was Tupou, who had 272 snaps.
So Tufele is the lowest on the totem pole when it comes to DT, Gunter is lowest when it comes to DE.

With that said, the Bengals have a pretty full stable on the DL if they are ok with Tufele and Gunter on the back end.
DE - Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, Gunter
DT - Reader, Hill, Carter, Tupou, Tufele

I don't see them keeping more than 10 DL.
The only guys I see potentially not making it are Gunter, Tufele, or Tupou.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 02:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I get what you are saying about Gunter and Tufele, they were the two lowest last year when it comes to defensive snaps for DL.
Tufele only 138 snaps
Gunter only 37 snaps
The next-lowest DL was Tupou, who had 272 snaps.
So Tufele is the lowest on the totem pole when it comes to DT, Gunter is lowest when it comes to DE.

With that said, the Bengals have a pretty full stable on the DL if they are ok with Tufele and Gunter on the back end.
DE - Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, Gunter
DT - Reader, Hill, Carter, Tupou, Tufele

I don't see them keeping more than 10 DL.
The only guys I see potentially not making it are Gunter, Tufele, or Tupou.

Gunter got hurt early and Tufele was brought in mid season after DJ went down. Understandable why they both had the lowest snaps.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gunter got hurt early and Tufele was brought in mid season after DJ went down. Understandable why they both had the lowest snaps.

Would Gunter really have gotten more snaps than Sample or Ossai though? I doubt it.
He definitely seems like the last guy on the bench for DE.

As for Tufele, he was picked up off waivers from JAX prior to the start of the season, just like Max Scharping was.
So he was a Bengal the whole year last year.
I'm not opposed to him making the roster. I actually liked him as a prospect in the 2021 draft.
But Tupou has been a good backup NT for the Bengals the past few seasons, so I can see it going either way between them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would Gunter really have gotten more snaps than Sample or Ossai though? I doubt it.
He definitely seems like the last guy on the bench for DE.

As for Tufele, he was picked up off waivers from JAX prior to the start of the season, just like Max Scharping was.
So he was a Bengal the whole year last year.
I'm not opposed to him making the roster. I actually liked him as a prospect in the 2021 draft.
But Tupou has been a good backup NT for the Bengals the past few seasons, so I can see it going either way between them.

Forgot we picked up Tufele before the season along with Scharping and Asiasi you are correct. ThumbsUp

Evidently the coaches liked Tufele better than Shelvin, he was just picked before us in that round.

True on Gunter, doubt he would of got more snaps even if he was healthy. Sample is more than solid, and Ossai is an up and coming
pass rusher for us. Carter at 3-tech is still my biggest question, he got better late in the year but I don't know if he can become quite
what we need there, we will see.
Reply/Quote
What this tells me is the Bengals are interested in adding one more pass rusher to the group.
It's hard to tell if they want someone more for the edge (Basham plays exclusively on the edge IIRC) or inside (Street's played both DE and DT).
Given these guys have never had more than a few sacks in a season, it definitely seems like they just want a rotational guy.

Something kinda funny is I mocked Thomas Incoom (DE Central Michigan) to the Bengals on Day 3 in my latest mock, and I now see that TDN's comparison for Incoom is...Tarell Basham lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Street signed with the Eagles BTW.
Reply/Quote
Basham signed according to a rapsheet retweet from his agent.
Reply/Quote