Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals in London in 2020?
A friend of mine at work says he has heard the Bengals (as the home team) are hosting the Jaguars in London in 2020.

I have no idea where he heard this from, this is all he told me.

I say it's not happening.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure the Jaguars have contracted to give up a home game to play in London each year, so if we play the Jaguars we wouldn’t have to give up a home game. Maybe that contract expired though. That said, I doubt we go to London 2 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
The NFL would be happy to export the prodigy to Europe for 1 game, why not? Besides, the Browns have proven they like to travel to Europe, so much so as to skip the trade deadline for a trip in swissland. They probably offered to go proactively.
Reply/Quote
It's lousy if Bengals lose a game in Cincy over it. Bengals have played there in 2016 and 2019. Some teams haven't played there yet. Bengals should not have to play in London back to back years and really should not lose 2nd game in Cincy in 5 seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 01:53 AM)kevin Wrote: It's lousy if Bengals lose a game in Cincy over it.   Bengals have played there in 2016 and 2019.  Some teams haven't played there yet.  Bengals should not have to play in London back to back years and really should not lose 2nd game in Cincy in 5 seasons.

Mike doesn't really object to losing the home games because attendance is so poor.  If attendance improves, he'll probably get more resistant to it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give those damn games to someone who hasn't been there yet!

Goodell blowz BTW.
Reply/Quote
The bengals share a wikipedia entry with the skins as the only nfl tie at Wembley.. WOOHOO!  Mellow

I knew many of you would feel nostalgic...you know..back to the good old days and all..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think it should be someone else's turn for f*** sake
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 01:53 AM)kevin Wrote: It's lousy if Bengals lose a game in Cincy over it.   Bengals have played there in 2016 and 2019.  Some teams haven't played there yet.  Bengals should not have to play in London back to back years and really should not lose 2nd game in Cincy in 5 seasons.

Not that the games were sold out this season.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
agree with OP and calling Bull

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To some fine with this and talking attendance down in Cincy,  then just move the Bengals to London forever.  Why even have games in Cincy ?   Oh, you people wanted top draft pick, Who Cares ?  Let the top draft pick play in London.  Play a game in London, play all the games in London.  The London Bengals.   Paul Brown Stadium only has 8 games all year, reduce it to 7 or none at all.   They seem more concerned about not making money off a corporation name on stadium and keeping it Paul Brown Stadium,  than they are actually playing games in this thing.  

I say it's not fair to season ticket buyers and the city of Cincinnati to use Bengals as a constant London game.   

Maybe some people in Cincinnati area might want to see Burrow if they draft him. 

Or are Bengals moving to London ???  If so, just go.   If not, then play the games in Cincinnati.   These teams that haven't played in London yet, Make Them Go.   I'll start to Boo the NFL Commish also if he starts sending Bengals to London all the time and lets other teams never go and their fans never have to give up home games. 

Yes, ticket sales have been down but drafting Burrow will help. Putting a game in London takes away a whole game of drafting Burrow ticket sales. It just screws Cincinnati. The Cincinnati tax payers did not build this stadium for the games to be played in London. If this continues the NFL needs to give money to the tax payers of Cincinnati or be sued by the city council to reimburse the city on these lost home games. This stadium was NOT built by the tax payers to have the games played in London. Taxation without Representation.

Teams that have never gave up a Home Game to play in London or Mexico.
New York Giants
New York Jets
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens
( We see no New York Based NFL EVER gives up area home games )
Dallas Cowboys
( We see now that NFC East of NY Giants NEVER gives up home games }
Pittsburgh Steelers
Indy Colts
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
Tennessee Titans
Houston Texans
Denver Broncos
AND
Carolina Panthers have never played in London or Mexico
Neither has Green Bay Packers

And it may be Packers owned by the people of Green Bay won't allow it.

The teams that gave up the most home games are teams that moved such as Rams, Raiders, Chargers. So it makes you wonder why Jaguars have the most at 7. Jacksonville moving to another city has often been discussed. The city of Jacksonville should sue the NFL and owner and get some of the tax payer money back on the stadium they built. Tampa and Miami have gave up multiple home games. What is with Florida, are they playing in London during Hurricane season ?

There are 19 teams that have not given up one single home game yet. Not one New York area team and NFL headquarters in NY. The Rams, Raiders and Chargers in moving were probably glad to. What the deal is with Jacksonville, who knows ? Are they moving to London ? So with 19 teams never giving up a home game yet, IT IS NOT CINCINNATI'S TURN AGAIN.

NO WAY BENGALS SHOULD BE HOME TEAM IN LONDON OR MEXICO. NO WAY. That would be UNFAIR TO CITY OF CINCINNATI by NFL or BROWN FAMILY and both should be sued by the city for taking away games in Cincinnati stadium built with city tax money.

Jaguars of 7. Rams 5. Raiders 5. Well, the Rams and Raiders went through or going through moving to another city. Could it be the Jaguars owner is getting money under the table from London and NFL. If so, and Mike Brown tries to do it also, the city of Cincinnati should bulldoze down Paul Brown Stadium, and say play all your games over there, Mike.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:11 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: A friend of mine at work says he has heard the Bengals (as the home team) are hosting the Jaguars in London in 2020.

I have no idea where he heard this from, this is all he told me.

I say it's not happening.

I hope not...I just got done saying the schedule looked favorable from a travel standpoint....
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 03:05 AM)Go Cards Wrote: agree with OP and calling Bull

Uh oh.

He called Bull.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 06:53 AM)kevin Wrote: Play a game in London, play all the games in London.  The London Bengals.   

As somebody who can be at Wembley, Twickenham and Tottenham within the hour, yes please!!

Slightly more seriously, after the Rams game last year, I'm ok not seeing a repeat....

Even more seriously, I would personally love if the Bengals play a road game over here and I get to see the boys for a 3rd time, meaning you guys also don't miss out on a home game. Though we maybe are ignoring people who don't live near Cincinnati and rely on road games to see the team. either way somebody's missing out I guess, though more with a home game.

I do personally think the idea of international games is somewhat silly (a franchise even more so) and I would hate to see Premier League games played outside of England, however I will say that the NFL games over here do pump up legitimate passionate interest and do a good job of growing the game here. The NFL was a niche non-entity here 15 plus years ago... it's much higher up the food chain now, and a lot of that is to do with the games they play in London. I can certainly understand why American fans are dubious of the idea however, I would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 06:46 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: As somebody who can be at Wembley, Twickenham and Tottenham within the hour, yes please!!

Slightly more seriously, after the Rams game last year, I'm ok not seeing a repeat....

Even more seriously, I would personally love if the Bengals play a road game over here and I get to see the boys for a 3rd time, meaning you guys also don't miss out on a home game. Though we maybe are ignoring people who don't live near Cincinnati and rely on road games to see the team. either way somebody's missing out I guess, though more with a home game.

I do personally think the idea of international games is somewhat silly (a franchise even more so) and I would hate to see Premier League games played outside of England, however I will say that the NFL games over here do pump up legitimate passionate interest and do a good job of growing the game here. The NFL was a niche non-entity here 15 plus years ago... it's much higher up the food chain now, and a lot of that is to do with the games they play in London. I can certainly understand why American fans are dubious of the idea however, I would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Well glad to hear from someone over there that understands. Thank you.

I find it to be a good thing to a point, but man, if you are going there more than twice while other teams haven't even been there 
once I find it to be a bias against said Home team at the very least. I just don't like a lot of what Goodell has done to this game.
Reply/Quote