Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scared of This One
It's just setting up perfectly. Everyone expects us to win. KC on the surface looks bad but has actually been better than they look. Dalton has been near-perfect. KC is coming off a waxing at the hands of GB and is due for a rebound.

Line is down to -3 1/2. I'm not the only one who sees this game as a trap.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm more scared of flooding here in South Carolina ..it's been raining for 2 days and not expected to let up till sometime Monday. Our dock is already under water and just the tops of my roses are sticking up in the water .. Oh no! Not my ROSES!

On the other hand maybe the Carolina game will get washed out and I can watch the Bengals.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's just setting up perfectly. Everyone expects us to win. KC on the surface looks bad but has actually been better than they look. Dalton has been near-perfect. KC is coming off a waxing at the hands of GB and is due for a rebound.

This is the kind of game we have to win.  We are being talked up now and are expected to win.  These are the kind of games we have lost in the past.  If we are going to be a Super Bowl team, we have to win games like this.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm more scared of flooding here in South Carolina ..it's been raining for 2 days and not expected to let up till sometime Monday. Our dock is already under water and just the tops of my roses are sticking up in the water .. Oh no! Not my ROSES!

On the other hand maybe the Carolina game will get washed out and I can watch the Bengals.

Stay safe.  
Reply/Quote
My Sister owns a house in Charleston. It's holding up. Take care out there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's just setting up perfectly. Everyone expects us to win. KC on the surface looks bad but has actually been better than they look. Dalton has been near-perfect. KC is coming off a waxing at the hands of GB and is due for a rebound.

Oh yeah, we definitely can't take this game lightly.  But, this looks and feels like a different team this year.  They may have a few mental lapses throughout the game, but hopefully they are fired up and play a complete game.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This is the kind of game we have to win.  We are being talked up now and are expected to win.
This
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This is the kind of game we have to win.  We are being talked up now and are expected to win.  These are the kind of games we have lost in the past.  If we are going to be a Super Bowl team, we have to win games like this.

Agree 100%.

Who-Dey!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 12:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This is the kind of game we have to win.  We are being talked up now and are expected to win.  These are the kind of games we have lost in the past.  If we are going to be a Super Bowl team, we have to win games like this.

You are so right! This game isn't as much about the opponent as it is about how far our Bengals have come mentally. If they have toughened up enough to believe every game deserves their best effort (instead of resting on the laurels others have heaped on them), then we should see another win. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
This game is a huge test for the Bengals linebackers because of Charles. They need to tackle today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Already one dam washed out at Ft Jackson here in town. It's downstream from us. We're on a lake and our dock is submerged but unless the dam upstream from us gives out we'll be fine. Even then the water would have to rise another 15 feet to reach the house and that would require the dam below us to completely clog up. If that happened the least of our problems will be my roses ..
I'm concerned about the folks living down around USC. That area typically floods just about every time it rains. I'm guessing that the Congragee river is overflowing everywhere down that way.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: This game is a huge test for the Bengals linebackers because of Charles. They need to tackle today.

Agreed. Our defense needs to step up today. Our linebackers especially have not been good against the run the last two weeks. Too many poor angles, missed tackles, etc. Hopefully that changes this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: This game is a huge test for the Bengals linebackers because of Charles. They need to tackle today.

(10-04-2015, 01:27 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Agreed. Our defense needs to step up today. Our linebackers especially have not been good against the run the last two weeks. Too many poor angles, missed tackles, etc. Hopefully that changes this week.

Yeah, this is a big concern.  Like Synric says, with the way Charles runs, this could be a problem.  Man it would be nice to have some good lLB's and not have to worry so much.  Maybe they can step it up today.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

You nailed it. Time to take a step forward.
Reply/Quote

Yep, exactly.
Reply/Quote
"On to Cincinnati" only works when your footballs aren't effected by inflation.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: "On to Cincinnati" only works when your footballs aren't effected by inflation.

I like Andy Reid, and I can't blame him for wanting to move on after last Monday night.  Must havce been a frustrating day for him, courteous of our bend-but-don't-break defense.  I hope for his sake he at least had Santos in the NFL HC fantasy league. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The 3.5 point spread was ridiculous. The way we've been playing especially at home I thought we were being a bit disrespected. Turns out I was right.
Reply/Quote